1st Avenue - Who Was There?

Started by 8rain0fRo8, Apr 22, 2013, 01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

8rain0fRo8

Just returned home - my reaction was - amazing show! Who was there? Thoughts/reactions?

1eyed_jack

Quote from: 8rain0fRo8 on Apr 22, 2013, 01:45 AM
Just returned home - my reaction was - amazing show! Who was there? Thoughts/reactions?

Wish I could have been there! Went last night though and it was amazing!

What did the encore look like for you?

8rain0fRo8

Yep, encore was fantastic - overall band sounded tight, Jim was into it, and gave a great performance!

1eyed_jack

Quote from: 8rain0fRo8 on Apr 22, 2013, 01:49 AM
Yep, encore was fantastic - overall band sounded tight, Jim was into it, and gave a great performance!

Awesome!

Do you remember what the encore songs were?

EverythingChanges

Did we ever see the encore for this show?
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

johnnYYac

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Apr 22, 2013, 08:58 PM
I'm keeping the entire year's setlists, just like last year.  See the stickies on top of the Shows section.

http://forum.mymorningjacket.com/index.php/topic,16944.msg331021.html#new
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

EverythingChanges

Quote from: johnnYYac on Apr 22, 2013, 10:35 PM
Quote from: EverythingChanges on Apr 22, 2013, 08:58 PM
I'm keeping the entire year's setlists, just like last year.  See the stickies on top of the Shows section.

http://forum.mymorningjacket.com/index.php/topic,16944.msg331021.html#new

Thanks yac, I looked earlier today and it wasn't there. I must of overlooked it my second time through.

Penny Lane

Weirdest review ever. Notice all the 'mama bear' comments below..(if they're not deleted or hidden)

http://www.vita.mn/crawl/204199341.html
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

Jon T.

Quote from: Penny Lane on Apr 26, 2013, 12:09 PM
Weirdest review ever. Notice all the 'mama bear' comments below..(if they're not deleted or hidden)

What.The.Fuck. does this even mean?  I'm not sure I'm going to read past this opening paragraph...

"Probably the most oft-heard reason why some people dislike My Morning Jacket is because of all that damn guitar work. "They're supposed to be an indie-rock band, not a jam band," that sort of thing you hear."

Penny Lane

Quote from: Jon T. on Apr 26, 2013, 12:12 PM
Quote from: Penny Lane on Apr 26, 2013, 12:09 PM

What.The.Fuck. does this even mean?  I'm not sure I'm going to read past this opening paragraph...

"Probably the most oft-heard reason why some people dislike My Morning Jacket is because of all that damn guitar work. "They're supposed to be an indie-rock band, not a jam band," that sort of thing you hear."

can you view comments below? they're connected to FB so probably ..the retorts are good..he's a very confused and repressed writer. seems like he actually enjoyed the show but was confused..

adastra

Anyone using the term "jazz hepcat" needs to have their music review license revoked for life.

Fully

What's odd is that he seemed to enjoy the songs, but didn't really like the music.

Penny Lane

Quote from: adastra on Apr 26, 2013, 12:45 PM
Anyone using the term "jazz hepcat" needs to have their music review license revoked for life.

ha ha,  I know....in his defense, maybe it does describe Jim:

Hipster or hepcat, as used in the 1940s, referred to aficionados of jazz, in particular bebop, which became popular in the early 1940s. The hipster adopted the lifestyle of the jazz musician, including some or all of the following: dress, slang, use of cannabis and other drugs, relaxed attitude, sarcastic humor, self-imposed poverty and relaxed sexual codes. (wiki)

adastra

Quote from: Penny Lane on Apr 26, 2013, 01:43 PM
Quote from: adastra on Apr 26, 2013, 12:45 PM

ha ha,  I know....in his defense, maybe it does describe Jim:

Hipster or hepcat, as used in the 1940s, referred to aficionados of jazz, in particular bebop, which became popular in the early 1940s. The hipster adopted the lifestyle of the jazz musician, including some or all of the following: dress, slang, use of cannabis and other drugs, relaxed attitude, sarcastic humor, self-imposed poverty and relaxed sexual codes. (wiki)
Touché, well done Penny:)

EverythingChanges

So this guy complains about Jim being too guitar heavy and jammy, and then complains about the encore being too mellow...  :huh: