ROLL CALL- AmericanaramA - Camden N.J. 7/28/13

Started by ericm, Apr 25, 2013, 07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bartel

I think because we won't be getting full sets by wilco and mmj.

ericm

Quote from: bartel on Jul 28, 2013, 10:13 AM
I think because we won't be getting full sets by wilco and mmj.

I'm sure that's part of it but not  the only reason,IMO. Some shows have sold really well in spite of the set lengths.
"Where's Jim going?"

peafunk31

Keep in mind the XPN fest is going on so all of those attendees have access to Amercanarama as well. The ticket sales may be deceiving.

Mrs. Peafunk & I should be getting to the lot around 1:30 - 2:00. I'll text you when we get there, Eric.
Homer no function beer well without.

ericm

Quote from: peafunk31 on Jul 28, 2013, 10:32 AM
Keep in mind the XPN fest is going on so all of those attendees have access to Amercanarama as well. The ticket sales may be deceiving.

Mrs. Peafunk & I should be getting to the lot around 1:30 - 2:00. I'll text you when we get there, Eric.

Sounds good!  :thumbsup: always enjoy hanging with the Peafunks.  :beer:

The XPN fest will bring more fans I'm sure, and maybe they'll let them upgrade to the pavilion, but  don't they usually just give them access to the lawn? 
"Where's Jim going?"

peafunk31

Quote from: ericm on Jul 28, 2013, 10:49 AM

The XPN fest will bring more fans I'm sure, and maybe they'll let them upgrade to the pavilion, but  don't they usually just give them access to the lawn?

You're probably correct. I'm not sure what the policy is for seating regarding the XPN fest access.
Homer no function beer well without.

ericm

Quote from: peafunk31 on Jul 28, 2013, 11:05 AM
Quote from: ericm on Jul 28, 2013, 10:49 AM

You're probably correct. I'm not sure what the policy is for seating regarding the XPN fest access.

I don't know for sure, but gotta figure LN would've sold as many top dollar pits/orchestras as they could. I wouldn't think they'd give those away as part of the fest.

My son went to one of these two site events there, and he had access to the lawn only, unless he bought a pavilion ticket. Then he could go anywhere except his show had a VIP pit.

We'll see how it works out today, but my guess is they'll either upgrade for free, or let people upgrade for a small up charge like they did at Saratoga. $10 more at entry got you in the pavilion there.
"Where's Jim going?"

bartel

a lot of people over in philly always complain about driving over the bridge to the SBC but I'm in Cherry Hill, NJ so it's literally 10 mins down the road for me.

JerseyDan

for anyone with an XPN pass there is no opportunity to upgrade to a seat because the tickets are through 2 different vendors. XPN uses Ticketfly, LN does in-house/TM. i was there last night and it was one of the most packed lawns I've ever seen (for a non-Phish show there). The reserved seats are pretty damn expensive and XPN fest tix were very reasonable...$110 for 3 days of music and the 2 big shows (last night was Lumineers/Dr. Dog) vs. tonight pavilion seats cost just as much. seems logical to me...

i'm working on getting a hard set time and will post when I know. pretty sure its 6 or 615 as has been customary.

JerseyDan

MMJ 615pm tonight CONFIRMED via venue mgmt.  :cheesy: :cheesy:

bartel

Mmj sound checked waiting on a friend with sax just now

alexzbik

So far:

Evil Urges
Circuital
MasterPlan
I'm Amazed
Dondante
Waiting on a Friend w/Taylor & Griffin from Dawes
Oh Sweet Nuthin w/Matthew Houck from Phosphorescent
Stolen as the war begun, this time your soul is my one.

alexzbik

Full set list:

Evil Urges
Circuital
MasterPlan
I'm Amazed
Dondante
Victory Dance
Wordless Chorus
Gideon

subinai

holy cow cant wait to hear that oh sweet nuthin

justbcuzido

Quote from: alexzbik on Jul 28, 2013, 07:34 PM
Full set list:

Evil Urges
Circuital
MasterPlan
I'm Amazed
Dondante

Victory Dance
Wordless Chorus
Gideon

Wow!! I want to hear both of those covers!
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

manonthemoon

We saw an actual setlist and they cut
Touch Me Pt 2 with Taylor

pretty typical to cut at least one song when dondante or steam is involved on this tour
Alive or Just Breathing

ericm

The two covers alone were worth the price of admission for me!! :thumbsup: throw in a Masterplan, and Dondante, with Gideon to close, and I was a very wet, but happy man. :beer:

My jones has been quenched, and no question the high from tonight will carry me through at least until a multi night end of year run.  :wink:
"Where's Jim going?"

bartel

Quote from: ericm on Jul 29, 2013, 12:08 AM
The two covers alone were worth the price of admission for me!! :thumbsup: throw in a Masterplan, and Dondante, with Gideon to close, and I was a very wet, but happy man. :beer:

My jones has been quenched, and no question the high from tonight will carry me through at least until a multi night end of year run.  :wink:

Agreed the covers were awesome and tr entire set killed. really love that master plan is rotated more often this year ad the same with evil urges. wilco killed it also but left shortly after Dylan started. he has become embarrassing. A lot of people left during Dylan's set.

subinai

alexzbik

I saw MMJ play the SBC (Tweeter Center/E Center/Sony Blockbuster Center) when they opened for Pearl Jam a few years back but I have to say their sound really is made for the big sheds, I thought they sounded great last night.