ROLL CALL- AmericanaramA - Camden N.J. 7/28/13

Started by ericm, Apr 25, 2013, 07:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bartel

Quote from: CC Baxter on Jul 29, 2013, 04:18 AM
My Morning Jacket & Phosphorescent - Oh! Sweet Nuthin' @ Americanarama - Susquehanna Bank Center

My Morning Jacket-Waiting on a Friend (Rolling Stones cover

this was the highlight of the jacket set... finally get sweet nuthin! I was pumped. I have to say Dylan was obviously the weak link would love to see a wilco.jacket tour so they have 2 hours each.

I thought it was funny to see dylan fans looking confused when jim put on the cape and also after via chicago a dylan fan said next to me 'that was weird'   :grin:

Engine of Dondante

I'm stoked for all you guys who made it the show, looks like it was a great one, which is totally unsurprising given the talent involved. I had tickets to this show but missed it due to traffic from the rain/flooding. So bummed, but at least you guys got to enjoy it. Was there a noticeable lack of people at the show? Just wondering, because I know my gf and I are not the only ones who had a problem. That traffic was flat out nasty!

Anyways, great setlist from the Jacket. So cool they busted out Evil Urges and Masterplan! Couple great covers there too! And Dondante! Ughh, why did it have to rain!!
With boar and moving trees

bigwag

Jim's set list, anyone know his guitar tech's name?

manonthemoon

Quote from: ericm on Jul 29, 2013, 12:08 AM
The two covers alone were worth the price of admission for me!! :thumbsup: throw in a Masterplan, and Dondante, with Gideon to close, and I was a very wet, but happy man. :beer:

My jones has been quenched, and no question the high from tonight will carry me through at least until a multi night end of year run.  :wink:

Masterplan was probably my high point overall since they hardly ever play it, but Oh! Sweet Nuthin and Dondante area always songs I adore.  Really glad we decided to add this show as it was awesome for a short set.

Now only if they do announce a few shows here around the holidays that will make the fact wer're missing OBH that much easier.   :drum:

Great hanging out with you again Eric and Dave, and meeting Angelo and Laura. 
Til next time.
Alive or Just Breathing

ericm

Same here Brett. Great time hanging with you guys as always. :thumbsup: The next round of drinks is on me.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

adastra

Quote from: bigwag on Jul 29, 2013, 06:31 PM

He goes by many names: Presh, Party Boy Jr (PBJ), Baby New Year, and a few more that aren't suitable for the public ;)

Fully

Quote from: adastra on Jul 29, 2013, 09:41 PM
Quote from: bigwag on Jul 29, 2013, 06:31 PM

He goes by many names: Presh, Party Boy Jr (PBJ), Baby New Year, and a few more that aren't suitable for the public ;)

Baby New Year -lol I can definitely see where that came from😂😂

Angelo

Quote from: manonthemoon on Jul 29, 2013, 07:09 PM
The two covers alone were worth the price of admission for me!! :thumbsup: throw in a Masterplan, and Dondante, with Gideon to close, and I was a very wet, but happy man. :beer:

My jones has been quenched, and no question the high from tonight will carry me through at least until a multi night end of year run.  :wink:

Masterplan was probably my high point overall since they hardly ever play it, but Oh! Sweet Nuthin and Dondante area always songs I adore.  Really glad we decided to add this show as it was awesome for a short set.

Now only if they do announce a few shows here around the holidays that will make the fact wer're missing OBH that much easier.   :drum:

Til next time.
Great meeting you too, Brett, even if our tailgate got rained out.

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: manonthemoon on Jul 29, 2013, 07:09 PM

Til next time.

Yeah man! Great seeing you guys again as well!
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

poojer

I just joined this site to let you know I had my MMJ baptism on sunday evening.  I knew of the band but really never forced myself to listen that much to them.  All i can say is 'HOLY S***, what took me so long'.  That set sunday night was awesome.  I am hooked.  I never imagined how much energy they would have.  I may be late to the game, but I am very glad that I finally got to it.  They have a new(50 year old) fan!

Ghosts_on_TV

Quote from: poojer on Jul 31, 2013, 02:21 PM
I just joined this site to let you know I had my MMJ baptism on sunday evening.  I knew of the band but really never forced myself to listen that much to them.  All i can say is 'HOLY S***, what took me so long'.  That set sunday night was awesome.  I am hooked.  I never imagined how much energy they would have.  I may be late to the game, but I am very glad that I finally got to it.  They have a new(50 year old) fan!

Right on. Welcome!
Some girls mothers are bigger than others girls mothers...

manonthemoon

Good to hear, I think by the people who I was around at the shows they made themselves quite a few new fans of some of the dylan/wilco peeps.  All seemed to really be enjoying themselves.
Alive or Just Breathing

Penny Lane

Welcome! Now you are truly annointed in the spirit of rock-n-roll.

but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

bhyman

Amen to that. Same thing happened to this 46 year old at Bonnaroo in 2011. I've seen them 6 times since then and even took the entire family (all of which are fans now) to Boston for the NYE show. They are the best band in the world...