"One Big Holiday" in MEXICO!!

Started by parkervb, Jun 11, 2013, 01:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slaa

I want to go to this 100%. Looking for folks to share room with.

Lori

BigHerm

FUUUUUUUCK

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

How about more than 7 days notice next time for a $2500 commitment?  :angry:

oistheone

Quote from: BigHerm on Jun 11, 2013, 04:56 PM
FUUUUUUUCK

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Hear, hear!

Love this concept, hate the timing of the announcement and how out-of-my-budget this is.

Jenfarr

Definitely considering it, as our 5th Wedding Anniversary is next Jan. and we usually go away for it anyway. This is way more then we normally spend, but I'm trying to justify that all food and booze is included along with 3 MMJ concerts!

This is the resort...  http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g153510-d1383489-Reviews-Aventura_Cove_Palace-Puerto_Aventuras_Yucatan_Peninsula.html 

Looks pretty nice, but Hard Rock is gutting it completely, so it will most likely be even nicer!

br00ke

my 35th birthday is on the 24th ... this shall make one hell of a birthday party, i'm in!!

marino13

FUUUUUUUCK

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Does everyone think this is going to instantly sell out at those prices?  Maybe you will have some time to get the funds together.  Gotta say it's tempting, but I just can't justify it.

timescaper

Quote from: marino13 on Jun 11, 2013, 05:12 PM
FUUUUUUUCK

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Does everyone think this is going to instantly sell out at those prices?  Maybe you will have some time to get the funds together.  Gotta say it's tempting, but I just can't justify it.

looks like only the $250 deposit is due now and then 50% more in late August and the remainder late October

slaa

3 in the cheapest room is $1249 each. We only pay $250 each when you confirm. Im ready to share.

Fully

Buy the travel insurance, people. Who knows what the weather flying out will be like in late January or if you'll have the flu and can't go.

gluvmiller

Oh, this couldn't be more exciting. I'm giddy thinking about this and couldn't be more distracted from working. My wife and I did Panic en la Playa to Mexico last year (that's Widespread Panic) and it was crazy fun and COMPLETELY worth it. There is nothing like dancing on the beach with your feet in the ocean. The drinking was nuts. You just stood there dancing while waiters walked through the crowd with trays full of drinks and you just grab one. And then you could also place orders witht the waiter to bring you drinks. We took our kids to that one, but we just decided this one will be adults only. Oh, and let me tell you, Cloud 9 is VERY, VERY good at what they do. They're VERY professional and will provide a superb product.

Jeff Murray

This is one time when being single is not an advantage...     :cry:

But everyone got their wish of a warm environment for a 3 night run in the winter... I'd rather Port Chester personally...
Pretty please with peanut butter pudding surprise on top??

slappymoe

wow, the fees are brutal if you need to cancel, or just change the name of your guest.   and there's the cost of airfare, travel to the resort, and a passport.   you'd better be 100% committed before you commit! 

between the cost and the 7-month wait, this one might be out of my comfort zone.  :cry:

Non Sin Breaux

Quote from: br00ke on Jun 11, 2013, 05:11 PM
my 35th birthday is on the 24th ... this shall make one hell of a birthday party, i'm in!!

My 34th Birthday is on the 25th, Just Saying!  :beer:
[url="https://www.facebook.com/thibault.lesananas"]https://www.facebook.com/thibault.lesananas[/url]

br00ke

Quote from: Non Sin Breaux on Jun 11, 2013, 06:42 PM
Quote from: br00ke on Jun 11, 2013, 05:11 PM

My 34th Birthday is on the 25th, Just Saying!  :beer:

A cosmic occurrence for sure!! I am especially stoked to have a warm birthday for once  :thumbsup:

kintante5

manonthemoon

The heart says must go, but the brain doesn't see this as realistic given the timing involved and 3000+ or so it would cost to actually go. 
Alive or Just Breathing

manonthemoon

Quote from: marino13 on Jun 11, 2013, 05:12 PM
FUUUUUUUCK

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I do not think they'll sell out very quickly at those prices, could be wrong, but most people were complaining of the Americarama tix that cost 100 bucks so considering this is more than 10 times that I think it'll take a while to sell out.
Alive or Just Breathing

Mr. White

I can't make it due to cost and time away from work and family, but I'm sure all who do go will have an experience they will remember for all time. For those who can make this historic trip...be safe, be happy, and don't forget to post some photos, videos, and audio.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

el_chode

I think it's a good deal. Good value, that is. Just an expensive good deal.
I'm surrounded by assholes

el_chode

Also why can't they just rent an airfield or nice scenic area in Maine or something and let us camp in the outskirts and barter for goods while they play River Deep, Mountain High or some other Tina Turner-inspired song and give us an actual thunderdome?

If I were an awesome band I'd do that, then kill the lights after the show and have telescopes set up on the outskirts.
I'm surrounded by assholes