Daniel Martin Moore

Started by Mr. White, Aug 07, 2013, 10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

toretm

Great to see you John and thanks so much for capturing these videos. I enjoyed the show immensely, only wished more people could have come out to share in their talents. Stray Age and Dark Road are my favorites. I hate that the growing crowd for the "talent show" distracted from the last one.  Now I have to catch Sunday's show at New Vintage  :thumbsup:

Mr. White

I may catch them at New Vintage, but it looks better for my wife's schedule to see them in Lexington at Natasha's this Friday, Oct. 11th. I don't know, I may end up at the Louisville show as well, but that's a lot of driving with the work week starting the next morning and me already having a long work commute...We'll see...

Here is Cedar & Ash from Daniel and Joan's show I saw at Natasha's last summer.

Daniel Martin Moore & Joan Shelley sing "Cedar & Ash" on 6-29-2012 at Natasha's in Lexington

Mr. White

Here are a few photos of Daniel, Joan, and the band tuning up before the show got started.

Mr. White

I took my wife to see Daniel last night at Natasha's in Lexington. He had his full band with him (including Dan Dorff) for this really wonderful show. Daniel played 18 songs for the paying audience, and one was off of his new release of old material, Archives Vol. 1. He played Tom Waits' Picture In A Frame from 1999's Mule Variations. My recording got most of it. I only missed the very beginning. This song is one of my favorites. Even if you don't just love DMM, you should still check out his version of Picture In A Frame. Also, Dan's piano work on it is awesome.

Daniel Martin Moore - Picture In A Frame - Natasha's - Lexington, Ky. - 10/11/2013

Mr. White

Mr. White

Mr. White

I finally got my autographed concert poster in the mail today! It was a bit smaller than I thought it would be (13 in. X 19 in.), but it is very nice. I'm so glad to have it. Plus, DMM included a small personalized note of thanks for the support.

Here is the autographed poster DMM had posted on his Pledge Music page.

Here is a larger copy of the original poster I found on Brandon Jones' site.

Mr. White

Daniel Martin Moore and his band performed at the First Annual Boomtown Ball & Festival (a free street party) on Market Street in New Albany, Indiana on May 25, 2014. His band included Dan Dorff on keyboards, Dave Givan on Drums, (Dan and Dave both play in Jim James' solo touring band), Alex Smith (a.k.a. Howell Dawdy and singer/guitar player for Lydia Burrell) on additional percussion and computer effects, and a special guest appearance from Zak Appleby of Houndmouth on bass. (Houndmouth curated the acts for the festival and played a special homecoming show at the Grand later that evening.)

Mr. White

I took my family to see Daniel Martin Moore last night. Daniel put on a wonderful show at the refurbished State Theatre in Elizabethtown, Kentucky. Joan Shelley opened up for him and joined him on stage for several of their songs from Farthest Field. Forum member, toretm caught this special show too. It was good to talk to her for a few minutes before and after the show. Here is Daniel performing a cover of the song, "Smile" with Dan Dorff.

http://youtu.be/sy0s_7RBmGM

Mr. White

Here's Daniel and Joan Shelley performing "First Of August" from their 2012 album of duets called Farthest Field. Joan has also recently re-released it on her new album with more musicians helping out to make a fuller sound.

http://youtu.be/JiO_176SlVM?list=UUPOt_reNzgvb_TNXqtzCgpg

Mr. White

Here is another cover song by Daniel. This is Bob Dylan's "Forever Young" from October 3, 2014.

http://youtu.be/Egebg5g8trk

SaraBananaBear

Quote from: Mr. White on Oct 05, 2014, 05:24 PM
Here is another cover song by Daniel. This is Bob Dylan's "Forever Young" from October 3, 2014.

http://youtu.be/Egebg5g8trk

Oh! So beautiful! Thank you for sharing! :thumbsup:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

Mr. White

Daniel Martin Moore has another Pledge Music campaign going on right now. He is raising money to release his new album, Golden Age. His Pledge Music page can be found here:

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/dmm-golden-age?utm_campaign=project10870&utm_medium=project_badge

Near the top of the page is a video with some behind-the-scenes footage from the recording sessions conducted at LaLa Land Studio in Louisville. Jim James helped Daniel produce this new album, and Kevin Ratterman edited and mixed it. Others who helped with this new album include: Dan Dorff, Dave Givan, Alana Rocklin, Zak Appleby, Joan Shelley, and Mr. Jim James on guitar and vocals.

Quote from Daniel's Pledge Music page:
"The time has come for this album to meet the world, and I'm very happy to be working with PledgeMusic again to bring it to you.

Golden Age was tracked at LaLa Land studio in Louisville, KY in the December-to-Remember of 2013. An extraordinary cast assembled for a week of recording & laughs, and it's a truly collaborative effort. There are 10 new tunes here, all played as a band, and mostly captured live. The full credits are below. In them you'll see some familiar names and some new friends, too. I hope you enjoy this record so much, and can't wait to send the whole thing to you. In the meantime, pledges at all levels will immediately receive 3 songs from the album, and a live show recorded in an Irish cave back in the summer of 2012 (strange but true). There are all kinds of goodies to be had – may I make you some cookies? May I send you a photograph? Or a postcard from Europe? Just let me know.

When I look around at all of the incredible work being done, the music & art pouring out of so many friends, it feels like a Golden Age. As deeply flawed as the world of our making may be, it's nice sometimes to pause & take note of its sheer beauty, too.

Very best wishes,

DMM

Produced by Jim James & DMM
Recorded & Mixed by Kevin Ratterman
Additional Recording by DMM
Photos & Videos Captured by Michael Wilson
Design by Dusty Summers

Dan Dorff, Jr. – Piano, Organ & Keyboards
Dave Givan – Drums & Percussion
Alana Rocklin – Bass
Zak Appleby – Bass
Scott Moore – Violin
Charlie Patton – Cello
Jim James – Guitar & Vocals
Joan Shelley – Vocals
DMM – Piano, Guitar & Vocals

PS, A portion of the proceeds of this pre-sale will benefit the Appalachian Citizens' Law Center. Learn more about their important work right here:

http://appalachianlawcenter.org/

5% of goal and 10% of any money raised after that will go to Appalachian Citizens' Law Center."

Mr. White

Here's the link to the items to pledge for. There are all kinds of things, from cookies, tea, postcards from Europe from Daniel, downloads, CD's, vinyl, T-shirts, and posters to house concerts and being on the lifetime guest list.

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/dmm-golden-age/exclusives

MusiKel Mama

Holy shit...thanks for posting this!!! FOR ALL OF IT :grin:
I wish there was an option to pay $30 for the album and the opportunity to make him and Dan Dorff cookies. :cheesy:

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Mr. White

Mr. White

I haven't updated this with any of the videos I've recorded of Daniel over the last year, but I will add the ones I just recorded during last Friday's show at Zanzabar in Louisville, Kentucky (3/25/2016).

Daniel's band includes:
Dan Dorff on keyboards
Dave Givan on drums
Alex Smith on bass guitar

"Golden Age"

"How It Fades"

"Proud As We Are"

GO4IT

Thanks for posting all of these great videos, Mr White!  Good to see some of the local musicians backing Daniel.  :thumbsup: