Main Menu

Spanish Gold

Started by Crayton09, Aug 21, 2013, 10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crayton09

Just saw a post on Adrian Quesada's Facebook:
A little over a year ago, old Laredo homie Dante Schwebel (ex-Hacienda, City and Colour) and I cut some demos at my studio for some songs he was writing. Fast forward to fall 2012 and Dante, myself and Patrick Hallahan (My Morning Jacket) bring the songs to life at Easy Eye Studios in Nashville. Three cities and four studios later (Lalaland Louisville, Public Hi Fi and Big Orange in Austin), we have a full length record and a killer band. Introducing SPANISH BOMBS.....stay tuned....
http://spanishbombsmusic.tumblr.com/

I'm so fuckin' pumped for this! I've been meaning to post threads about Adrian's other bands: Brownout, Ocote Soul Sounds(Martin Perna from Antibalas is also in Ocote), Grupo Fantasma(just left the band) and Money Chicha, but just never got around to it.
Brownout and Ocote are two of my favorite bands and by far my favorite Austin bands. This just made my fucking day! Check out all these bands, they're amazing and Adrian is a super nice dude.

Spanish Bombs Promo

Fully

Very interesting! I like Hacienda. I'll look forward to checking this out. Thanks for letting us know. :thumbsup:

oistheone

That is awesome! Seems like Dante has been keeping busy after leaving Hacienda. I'd love for these guys to tour.

LeanneP

That sounds all kinds of awesome.  Thanks for the share!
Babe, let's get one thing clear, there's much more stardust when you're near.

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

buster douglas

VERY interesting!  Dante Schwebel resurfaces... Looking forward to hearing their work!

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

oistheone

Guess they had second thoughts about the name, eh?

Doesn't dampen my excitement one bit, I just KNOW this is gonna be good. Don't know much about this Adrian fella but Dante and Pat may very well be the musical leaders of the 'niceness-to-talent' ratio rankings, so I couldn't be happier to finally see what these guys can do in a live setting. Someone's gotta go to this Nashville show and give a full report! Fully, looking at you.

SaraBananaBear

Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

buster douglas

Oh wow... I don't know anything about the production of this track, but I would have to assume that Dante has learned well from his mentor Mr. Dan Auerbach.  The sound is right in line with the recent Auerbach-produced Hacienda and Dr. John albums.

I like!
And I gotta give a thumbs up to the percussion too!!

Fully

I'm going to see them Friday night. I'm interested in hearing what they sound like.

Fully

Never fear, I'm on it. If Tracy would like to accompany me, I'd be delighted.

weeniebeenie

Sounds pretty cool. I like the hand claps (and drums of course).
How loud can silence get?

Fully

I went to show, and I have to tell you that I cannot wait for this album to come out. I really didn't know what to expect. I went by myself to the show and wondered if it would be worth my time since I haven't heard anything but the song they posted on their tumblr. Well, I was very pleasantly surprised. They were badass. There's a seventies vibe in their sound, guitar-driven. Dante Schwebe from Hacienda provides vocals and guitar. I liked his voice. If you get a chance to go see them, please do. I'll say that sometimes I think that I like everything the My Morning Jacket's members do because I love this band, but I know that in this instance I loved the music for it's own sake. They had a guy playing bass that unfortunately I didn't get his name, and backup singers. One of them was Shelly Colvin, who can be seen around Nashville often. She's quite good in her own right. I ended up meeting up with Yakeroo who I've met at several shows before. It was quite nice to share this show with a fellow forum member. I only recorded two songs. I have no idea what their names are - perhaps CC can get the inside info on that for us. Sorry in advance for the crappy camera work and the sound isn't great, but it isn't terrible either. Seriously, if you get the chance to see them, go.

http://youtu.be/x6BKxCDMoIQ

http://youtu.be/H-laPfwjVxg

oistheone

Those videos are awesome Fully, thank you! These guys better tour.

On Dante: You knew he had it in him to step outta the half-and-half thing with Hacienda and become a full-time front man. Glad to see he's actually doin' it!

On Adrian: He is ripping some pretty sweet licks by the sounds of it. I'd love to see his technique in person.

On Pat: Is this guy ever NOT having fun? Imagine having the luxury to call Pat a friend and jam with him. Dante and Adrian are lucky guys.

Judging by tweets a few weeks ago, I believe the bassist is Timothy Deaux, who plays in the Whigs.

Really excited/interested to see if this is just a here-and-there type deal or if there's an album and/or mini-tour in the works.

Fully

There must be an album. They talked about recording most of it in Nashville and then some in Louisville and Austin. I can't stress enough how ballsy the music sounded. It flat out rocked.

Angelo

These guys are now officially on my radar. That second video is great. Thanks for sharing, Beth.

buster douglas

Any reports on this show and/or more music?

justbcuzido

Quote from: buster douglas on Oct 08, 2013, 12:55 PM
Any reports on this show and/or more music?

I'm seeing this show tomorrow night @ Lamberts in Austin. Tickets are only $10. I will report back!
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

Fully

I saw them. I must have posted in a different thread. They were great.
Here's the link to the thread where I posted my videos: http://forum.mymorningjacket.com/index.php?topic=17877