Main Menu

Spanish Gold

Started by Crayton09, Aug 21, 2013, 10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kotchishm

Record is most excellent halfway through
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

EverythingChanges

I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

LB

just got my ticket for b'ham AL, wooooot woot  :drum:
no you never gotta fight with me

e-stone

the vocals are a deal-breaker for me unfortunately.  nothing offensive, just not doing much for me.

bartel

I love this album and will probbaly end up seeing them this summer but can't help but think this is putting off a MMJ tour and album

CountSA

Quote from: bartel on May 22, 2014, 03:36 PM
I love this album and will probbaly end up seeing them this summer but can't help but think this is putting off a MMJ tour and album

I really don't think it's delaying any MMJ tour or album.  It seems like the new album is already recorded so now it's just mixing & mastering.

Mr. White

Here's a link to a short video interview of Patrick by Kyle Meredith from the radio station WFPK (for the TV station WAVE 3).

http://www.wave3.com/story/25617041/may-26-spanish-gold
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Mr. White

Work will be done in 35 minutes! I'll be heading down to Waterfront Wednesdays on the banks of the Ohio soon to catch Spanish Gold for FREE! Their set should start around 9:00 tonight.

kotchishm

Quote from: Mr. White on May 28, 2014, 03:28 PM
Work will be done in 35 minutes! I'll be heading down to Waterfront Wednesdays on the banks of the Ohio soon to catch Spanish Gold for FREE! Their set should start around 9:00 tonight.

Report back! I'm thinking about catching them Sunday at the Hamilton here in DC

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

Come Closer

Really wanted to go to that Hamilton show, but I'll be out of town. Loving the album.

Mr. White

The Waterfront Wednesday show didn't go as planned. After only 3 songs, they stopped the show due to a storm heading our way. (Yes, a thunder storm did hit about 20 to 30 minutes after the plug was pulled.) I sure would have liked to have seen more.

Here is the end of their first song, One Track Mind.

http://youtu.be/QM1c77NXRNo

Mr. White

Here is South Of Nowhere (full song, but it isn't the best sounding - too loud for my little camera, and I tried to pan around a couple of times to catch the darkening sky from the approaching thunder storm and to capture the size of the crowd).

http://youtu.be/clDfp8jUN0c

APR

Looks like a great spot for a show.  Too bad about the weather. 

I am digging their album!

ffghtrs

I'm pumped for this record but my fucking record store still hasn't gotten it in...i listened to it on Pandora and it is so good.  i want to be jamming to it right now!
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

rincon2

Man does that suck Mr. White! I am seriously pondering the Troubadour right now, and will check to see whats left. I really like the album a ton, the music reminds me of what Jim's next spinoff direction could have been. Vocals are the weak point as has been pointed out. I stumbled into a second copy of the single. It was the local record store, with all the 45's that did not sell on RSD in one pile Spanish Gold was on top. I will sell it to anyone who needs it for cost plus shipping. PM me if interested.

CountSA

They're playing about 20 from me tonight...on the fence about going solo.

Fully

Quote from: CountSA on May 30, 2014, 09:25 PM
I hope you went.

mahg33ta

Quote from: Fully on May 31, 2014, 07:11 AM
I hope you went.

I didn't see CountSA but I went to the show.   My take was that it was good, not great.  A treat to see Patrick on a tiny stage banging away.   60 people in attendance.   I really like the album and they played the songs faithfully.   A good time but nothing especially mindblowing or memorable.

Mr. White

I stopped by Matt Anthony's Record Shop on Frankfort Ave. in Louisville yesterday to pick up my copy of South Of Nowhere he had ordered for me, and it is starting to grow on me. Too bad they only got to play 3 songs the other day at Waterfront Wednesday.

APR

Quote from: mahg33ta on May 31, 2014, 01:26 PM
Quote from: Fully on May 31, 2014, 07:11 AM
I hope you went.

I didn't see CountSA but I went to the show.   My take was that it was good, not great.  A treat to see Patrick on a tiny stage banging away.   60 people in attendance.   I really like the album and they played the songs faithfully.   A good time but nothing especially mindblowing or memorable.

Only 60 people.  I hope there is a better turnout in DC tomorrow night.  My expectations are a bit lower now, so I think they will be exceeded.