MMJ - Bridge School - Oct. 26 & 27, 2013

Started by Jenfarr, Sep 06, 2013, 12:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buymycar

The Killers have pulled out of Saturday's show and have been replaced by Jack Johnson.  Don't know if that makes a difference to some of you.

oistheone

Goddamn, now Arcade Fire added to Saturday! This lineup has turned out to be pretty spectacular.

buymycar

Arcade Fire was great at Bridge a couple years ago.  They played an awesome version of Helpless with Neil Young.

walterfredo

I'll be there Sunday.  Wish Arcade Fire was on the Sunday bill as well, but maybe this means a longer MMJ set!

Still can't comprehend how QOTSA is higher on the bill than MMJ. 

ms. yvon

Quote from: oistheone on Oct 14, 2013, 05:24 PM
Goddamn, now Arcade Fire added to Saturday! This lineup has turned out to be pretty spectacular.
wow!  it's bonnaroo 2010 all over again!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

ms. yvon

Quote from: jaye on Oct 05, 2013, 01:28 PM
Quote from: ms. yvon on Oct 05, 2013, 12:01 AM
hoping to see the show both days from the cheap seats.  this is one of those events that makes me proud of the Bay Area.  walterfredo i'll keep my eyes open for you & c!

Hey ms. y - Hope to see you that Saturday!  I have 2 seats (row V) and 2 lawn tix I'll sell cheap if you're still looking.   :smiley:
jaye thanks for the offer but by the time i'd posted this i'd already bought my lawn tix.  what section are your row V seats?
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

jaye

Quote from: ms. yvon on Oct 16, 2013, 01:59 AM
Quote from: jaye on Oct 05, 2013, 01:28 PM
Quote from: ms. yvon on Oct 05, 2013, 12:01 AM
hoping to see the show both days from the cheap seats.  this is one of those events that makes me proud of the Bay Area.  walterfredo i'll keep my eyes open for you & c!

Hey ms. y - Hope to see you that Saturday!  I have 2 seats (row V) and 2 lawn tix I'll sell cheap if you're still looking.   :smiley:
jaye thanks for the offer but by the time i'd posted this i'd already bought my lawn tix.  what section are your row V seats?

202 so practically on the lawn but at least in the center.   :tongue:  A friend has some 203 row T seats he's trying to sell if you know anyone who needs them.  They are towards the center.

walterfredo

even the last row in the pavilion at Shoreline is significantly more enjoyable than the lawn. 

arhubs

Anybody know shoreline well? I have 202 row Y. Every map I've found has X as the last row.

Also, probably going to sell one of the days. Face value if anybody's interested.

coldengrey12

Going Saturday. So excited. Would love an Arcade Fire/MMJ collabo, but I'm not holding my breath.

Quote from: arhubs on Oct 19, 2013, 03:14 PM
Anybody know shoreline well? I have 202 row Y. Every map I've found has X as the last row.

Also, probably going to sell one of the days. Face value if anybody's interested.

Toward the back of some of the sections, they only run part way across to adjust for disabled seating, so maybe it's one of the partial rows?
Shows: 10.27.07, 9.19.08, 8.15.10, 6.24.11, 12.2.11, 9.15.12, 8.4.13, 10.26.13

ms. yvon

walterfredo

Anyone have any clue what time the Sunday show will finish? It's been a few years since I've gone. I originally assumed it would be around 11 pm but now see that Sunday's start time is 3 hours earlier than Saturdays

buymycar

Quote from: walterfredo on Oct 22, 2013, 05:25 PM
Anyone have any clue what time the Sunday show will finish? It's been a few years since I've gone. I originally assumed it would be around 11 pm but now see that Sunday's start time is 3 hours earlier than Saturdays

Sunday usually gets out around 10.

zanjam

Sat peeps
Can we meet at The Deck at some point during the show?

I know quite a few of you, but I think we need a meet up overall!  What say you Bridge peeps to a post fun./pre Diana Krall meet up at the Deck ??  I think that's our only chance.  I LOVE Heart so that timeframe's totally not doable.  What thinks, y'all?

CSNY
    Queens of the Stone Age
    My Morning Jacket
    Arcade Fire (Saturday only)
    Jack Johnson (Saturday only)
    Tom Waits (Sunday only)
    Elvis Costello
    Diana Krall
    fun.
    Heart
    Jenny Lewis
anything + reverb always = better

zanjam

Fredo, you going?  We need to hook up!!
anything + reverb always = better

APR

brn2plybal

bartel

oistheone

I am so excited for those who are going to this. It's always been a dream of mine to attend, and what a lineup this year! Thrilled that once again this will be available to watch via streaming. I know what I'm doing this weekend!