Jim James - Iron City (Sept 6)

Started by darkglow, Aug 19, 2013, 09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkglow

Now that we have the americanana mama tour behind us, lets talk about how awesome this tour opener is gonna be. The venue looks so new and shiny, and they have Good People and Straight 2 Ale beer on tap!

This will be me and stef's first rock show in a while ever since baby being born. Who else is going? Scosby, meg, fully?

darkglow

Tracy you need to drive your ass down too.

scosby2

Tyler, you know I'll be there

Y'all got any disco ball back there?

aeroplume

i'll be there! i saw a friends band play iron city a few weeks ago and the sound is great in there. anyone know of this being taped?

:beer:

scosby2

Quote from: aeroplume on Aug 31, 2013, 02:29 AM
i'll be there! i saw a friends band play iron city a few weeks ago and the sound is great in there. anyone know of this being taped?

:beer:
it may be...the guys from dirty south recordings like to record shows down here. I wouldn't be surprised if they record it but if it doesn't get taped that won't surprise me either

Fully

I thought I might have my plans change so I could go to this, but as it stands I'll be in Raleigh seeing Spiritualized, The Breeders, and Sleep, so no Birmingham for me. Y'all have a good time! Scosby bend below the rail one time for me!

darkglow

So is it safe to assume the main set will be ROL & SOG from front to back and then the encore?

This is the opener for this mini tour so maybe we'll get a few curveballs. Either way its going to be one hell of a good time!

scosby2

Yea...I'm thinking it will follow the same format as all the other shows...who knows though, maybe he will have a few tricks up his sleeve for us

rjlemons

I've decided to go to this show. See you in line, scosby2!  :beer:
Hopefully you're right about the tricks. I love surprises.

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

scosby2

People know me

pattilovesmmj

Nice photo - makes me even more excited about seeing him tomorrow night! :cheesy:

Mr. White

Please post some more pictures, scosby2... and some video, if you have any.

Thanks!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

scosby2

http://youtu.be/tZj1kDUAYxk

So I hope that worked, my friend Daniel taped all of "a new life" that's me getting the first fingering there....great show, Jim seemed to have a blast and I am extremely proud of Birmingham coming out and supporting a great artist and some actual good ass music for once...the times are a changin' down here...and it's been a long time comin'

BH

I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

darkglow

1. AEIOU
2. Know Til Now
3. Dear One
4. A New Life
5. Exploding
6. Of The Mother Again
7. Actress
8. All is Forgiven
9. God's love to deliver (plus awesome jam)

Encore
1.Wonderful
2.Bermuda Highway
3. His Master's Voice
4. The Right Place
5. Losin' Yo Head (always wanted to hear this one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
6. Changing World

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.