Real Estate / Ducktails / Alex Bleeker & The Freaks

Started by FiddleCastro, Oct 18, 2013, 02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FiddleCastro

So there's no Real Estate thread!?!? Totally had to make one for Courtney, Mondanile, Bleeker & Company. 

I just saw them last night They were INCREDIBLE, it may go down as one of my all time favorite shows.  They played almost all of Days, a couple of earlier songs, then a WHOLE LOT from their upcoming 2014 record.  The new songs sound great, and a little jammier than stuff off of Days. Can't wait for the record.

I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

Crispy

"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

subinai

MMPJ6306

Quote from: FiddleCastro on Oct 18, 2013, 02:34 PM
The new songs sound great, and a little jammier than stuff off of Days. Can't wait for the record.

They're from the same small Jersey town as me, and the last two summers they've played awesome charity shows- the last one was in the middle school gym, two of the guys from the Feelies opened. It was fucking great.

I definitely was getting a more jammy, groove oriented feel on the new songs. I really hope they go further with that.

6/3/06, 10/22/10, 6/7/11 12/14, 7/28/12 8/17 12/27 12/28, 7/26/13 10/12, 7/31/15 11/27, 4/29/16

wolof7

Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

zohanx747

I definitely was getting a more jammy, groove oriented feel on the new songs. I really hope they go further with that.
ZoHaN

FiddleCastro

Quote from: zohanx747 on Oct 30, 2013, 06:47 AM

Quote from: MMPJ6306 on Oct 21, 2013, 01:20 AM

I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

wolof7

Oh, I will dine on honey dew And drink the Milk of Paradiseeeee

Come Closer

Looking forward to this album. I'm a fan of a lot of the stuff put out by Woodsist and Underwater Peoples. From last year, I thought Andrew Cedermark's album and Kevin Morby's album both kind of flew under the radar. I'm also anticipating the new Woods LP.   

LBSUNFLWR

I love Days, and very excited for the new album!!

I saw them at Forecastle 2 years ago, and just got tickets to see them in Nashville at the end of March!!  :thumbsup:

kotchishm

New Real Estate tune "Crime"....vid teaches your how to play it on guitar. Cool idea.

Real Estate - How to play... Crime
Sometimes when I get in my zone, you'd think I was stoned, but I never as they say, touched the stuf

MMPJ6306

Last night Bleeker and the Freaks headlined a show for the Dead/jam band magazine Relix's 40th anniversary at Brooklyn Bowl. They did over three hours of all Dead music and it was glorious. A much tighter, groovier band than their records have let on. They had a bunch of special guests like Cass McCombs, one of the guys from Disco Biscuits, a guy from Darkside, somebody from Woods, a guy from Lettuce, Lenny fucking Kaye! It was way better than I expected.

Sidebar: Do people love Shakedown Street and I never realized?! I like that song okay but when they started into it last night the place erupted.
6/3/06, 10/22/10, 6/7/11 12/14, 7/28/12 8/17 12/27 12/28, 7/26/13 10/12, 7/31/15 11/27, 4/29/16

subinai

Quote from: MMPJ6306 on Feb 12, 2015, 02:10 AM
Last night Bleeker and the Freaks headlined a show for the Dead/jam band magazine Relix's 40th anniversary at Brooklyn Bowl. They did over three hours of all Dead music and it was glorious. A much tighter, groovier band than their records have let on. They had a bunch of special guests like Cass McCombs, one of the guys from Disco Biscuits, a guy from Darkside, somebody from Woods, a guy from Lettuce, Lenny fucking Kaye! It was way better than I expected.

Sidebar: Do people love Shakedown Street and I never realized?! I like that song okay but when they started into it last night the place erupted.

i was there, too. awesome awesome show. a lot of fun. saw kyle mooney from SNL in the crowd.

LBSUNFLWR

wow, incredibly jealous! Hope a recording surfaces!!

and yes to Shakedown!!!

LBSUNFLWR