Real Estate / Ducktails / Alex Bleeker & The Freaks

Started by FiddleCastro, Oct 18, 2013, 02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBSUNFLWR

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

subinai

picked up the Martin Courtney record on Friday. Really digging it. Big year for RE solo projects!

Come Closer

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

Come Closer

Looks like Matt is leaving Real Estate to focus on Ducktails. Replaced by Julian Lynch.

LBSUNFLWR

very sad about this. He can't be easy to replace, he's a huge part of their sound.

LBSUNFLWR

http://www.jambase.com/article/real-estate-announces-u-s-fall-tour

some new Real Estate dates have been announced. Not too many.
Bloomington, Indiana was doable for me until they caught their mistake and said it's actually Bloomington, Illinois. :(
Next time around I hope. I love this band!!

LBSUNFLWR

It took me several listens to get into it but I am loving the new Real Estate album. Especially the last song "Saturday" just perfect.

APR

I listened to the new Real Estate album again and still couldn't get into it.  It sounds a lot like their previous two albums (both great) but just not at the same high level.  Maybe it's just me.  I like their sound, but I guess it hasn't evolved much to my ears.  I saw them twice during their last tour and am probably going to skip them this spring.

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: APR on Apr 20, 2017, 03:31 PM
I listened to the new Real Estate album again and still couldn't get into it.  It sounds a lot like their previous two albums (both great) but just not at the same high level.  Maybe it's just me.  I like their sound, but I guess it hasn't evolved much to my ears.  I saw them twice during their last tour and am probably going to skip them this spring.

Took me 5-6 listens. First time I thought it was weak compared to their others. But now it's what I want to hear when I get in my car. Try playing it on shuffle and see if that changes anything. The last song "Saturday" is definitely my favorite.

APR

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Apr 20, 2017, 05:25 PM

Took me 5-6 listens. First time I thought it was weak compared to their others. But now it's what I want to hear when I get in my car. Try playing it on shuffle and see if that changes anything. The last song "Saturday" is definitely my favorite.

I checked out Saturday again.  It is a good song.  Then I listened to a few of their older songs.  I'll relisten to the new one on shuffle.  Thanks.  I trust your judgment.  They're all pretty good songs but about the same tempo or pace with the same guitar sound.  Check out Diiv if you haven't heard them yet..... kind of similar to RE but more lively.

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: APR on Apr 21, 2017, 01:08 PM
Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Apr 20, 2017, 05:25 PM

I checked out Saturday again.  It is a good song.  Then I listened to a few of their older songs.  I'll relisten to the new one on shuffle.  Thanks.  I trust your judgment.  They're all pretty good songs but about the same tempo or pace with the same guitar sound.  Check out Diiv if you haven't heard them yet..... kind of similar to RE but more lively.

Today at work I've been playing Atlas and Days on 1 playlist. The new one is not as good as either of these, but I'm not disappointed in it either.  will check out Diiv, never heard of.

LBSUNFLWR

DaydreamNation

Real Estate is one of the late night shows for Forecastle!
11/11/23  11/10/23  11/9/23  11/7/23  10/29/22  11/2/21  7/7/17  6/22/17  10/27/16  5/13/16  5/12/16

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: DaydreamNation on Apr 25, 2017, 09:30 PM
Real Estate is one of the late night shows for Forecastle!

Yeah I saw today. As much as I welcome the chance to see real estate again, and I'm not going to forecastle this year, I think heading out for a midnight show isn't likely to happen for me.

With as mellow as the new album is I don't know if they'll be the ones to keep the party going into the night, you know??  I was surprised to see them as one of the late night shows.