Petition for an Unplugged Set at One Big Holiday

Started by alexzbik, Oct 27, 2013, 12:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexzbik

Stolen as the war begun, this time your soul is my one.

justbcuzido

Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

millerjustin

Quote from: justbcuzido on Oct 27, 2013, 12:42 AM
Quote from: alexzbik on Oct 27, 2013, 12:39 AM
This. Is. Fucking. Awesome.

I second this!

Only if it is a spontaneous late night jam or a pick up by the pool as we recover - not in place of the 3 primary shows 
What's in here won't disappear

e_wind

don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

justbcuzido

Quote from: millerjustin on Oct 27, 2013, 12:17 PM
Quote from: justbcuzido on Oct 27, 2013, 12:42 AM
Quote from: alexzbik on Oct 27, 2013, 12:39 AM
This. Is. Fucking. Awesome.

I second this!

Only if it is a spontaneous late night jam or a pick up by the pool as we recover - not in place of the 3 primary shows
[/quote

Honestly, what I would like to see, is them do a tour where it's "An Evening With MMJ" and they do a first set acoustic, and then a second set like normal. That would be sweet. I agree, OBH isn't the place to do it, but it would be sweet no matter where they did it.
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

walterfredo

can we also do a kickstarter to buy Patrick a new shirt?

alexzbik

i really thought more people would be into this.

I can't stop listening to the Bridge School set.
Stolen as the war begun, this time your soul is my one.

FiddleCastro

I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

ItBeats4Jew

only if it happens by the pool at 3 in the afternoon. 
what Madonna said really helped

rincon2

If Led Zeppelin can do it in the middle of a show, then MMJ can do 30 minutes in the middle of one of 3 2.5 hour shows. Who would not be into that?

ItBeats4Jew

but don't they already (golden, BH, i will be there when you die, wonderful, butch, welcome home, etc)?  why do they have to all be lumped together within a 30 minute set?  if the point is to play electric songs like the way that he sings, gideon or oh sweet nuthin acoustically like they did at bridge school, then i say no thanks...give me the noise. 
what Madonna said really helped

Fully

Acoustic is fine, but like LZ they have those songs that they play acoustic. Zep didn't rework immigrant song or when the levee breaks into acoustic. They played what they always played acoustic.

rincon2

Quote from: Fully on Nov 12, 2013, 02:47 AM
Acoustic is fine, but like LZ they have those songs that they play acoustic. Zep didn't rework immigrant song or when the levee breaks into acoustic. They played what they always played acoustic.
I don't disagree. I guess we interpreted this differently. In my mind it would have been the band doing some traditional MMJ songs they do acoustically, maybe gathering all at the front of the stage with some simple percussion for Pat, just as a change of pace. Kind of what LZ used to do.

e_wind

Quote from: rincon2 on Nov 11, 2013, 05:43 PM
If Led Zeppelin can do it in the middle of a show, then MMJ can do 30 minutes in the middle of one of 3 2.5 hour shows. Who would not be into that?

me

rincon2

Quote from: e_wind on Nov 13, 2013, 10:47 AM

me
Just to be sure, a set of Wonderful, Bermuda Highway,Butch Cassidy, I needed it most, etc would be a bummer?

FiddleCastro

Quote from: rincon2 on Nov 14, 2013, 03:24 AM

me
Just to be sure, a set of Wonderful, Bermuda Highway,Butch Cassidy, I needed it most, etc would be a bummer?

I dunno, I kinda want to hear I Needed It Most in an epic set with stuff like Steam Engine, War Begun and stuff. Also don't want to lose that Organ part, or the beautiful Electric Guitar part.
I NEEDED IT MOST WHENEVER tbh

rincon2

That set list was not meant to be taken literal, but just an idea. Plenty of songs could be done. I know if they did do something like that they would make it worth it, and memorable. They probably won't, so it is likely a moot issue.

e_wind

Quote from: rincon2 on Nov 14, 2013, 03:24 AM

me

Honestly if they went into a straight up acoustic set for that long during one of these shows, yes, that will be a bummer.  I've been to JJ solo acoustic shows. They're great. But I ain't paying 2000$ to go to mexico to see JJ solo acoustic shows, I'm going to see MMJ alter my world on a beach with some face melting and soul shattering RnR.

jmoney