Quote from: wolof7 on Nov 07, 2013, 10:32 PM
Quote from: EverythingChanges on Nov 07, 2013, 10:11 PM
Quote from: wolof7 on Nov 07, 2013, 09:01 PM
1) Moving Pictures - Rush
2) Permanent Waves - Rush
3) Hemispheres - Rush
4) Signals - Rush
5) 2112 - Rush

If I was doing all Rush, I would replace Signals with Caress of Steel.

yeah I know, I still can't fully get behind Caress of Steel but I'm working on it.

Being a HUGE RUSH FAN myself, I would probably replace Signals with A Farewell To Kings...or better yet, All The World's A Stage, since I would have to choose longer albums if I were only allowed 5 to bring along, (and the Signals tour was my very first rock concert back when I was in high school).
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

EverythingChanges

Quote from: Mr. White on Nov 07, 2013, 10:44 PM
Quote from: wolof7 on Nov 07, 2013, 10:32 PM
Quote from: EverythingChanges on Nov 07, 2013, 10:11 PM
Quote from: wolof7 on Nov 07, 2013, 09:01 PM
1) Moving Pictures - Rush
2) Permanent Waves - Rush
3) Hemispheres - Rush
4) Signals - Rush
5) 2112 - Rush

If I was doing all Rush, I would replace Signals with Caress of Steel.

yeah I know, I still can't fully get behind Caress of Steel but I'm working on it.

Being a HUGE RUSH FAN myself, I would probably replace Signals with A Farewell To Kings...or better yet, All The World's A Stage, since I would have to choose longer albums if I were only allowed 5 to bring along, (and the Signals tour was my very first rock concert back when I was in high school).

I forgot about farewell to kings, love that record.

Caress of steel is awesome. Fountain of Lamneth might be my favorite rush song.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

Mr. White

My list would have to include:

1. My Morning Jacket - Okonokos
2. Pink Floyd - Dark Side Of The Moon or Roger Waters - Amused To Death
3. Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
4. Neil Young - Live Rust
5. Mike Oldfield - The Songs Of Distant Earth (just to keep with the theme) If you have never heard this album, and I'm pretty sure most have not, here is the full album I found on YouTube, if you would like to give it a listen. It is quite moving.

The Songs Of Distant Earth

However, this Mike Oldfield album is better. It is really something...as long as you are not a "cloth-eared nincompoop" - "Happy?...H...H...H...Happy?".

Really, listen to this piece of music all the way through. It is one track that clocks in right at 1 hour, and some of the best stuff happens at the end. "...but as we all know, endings are just beginnings".

Mike Oldfield - Amarok
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

MMPJ6306

Doolittle- Pixies
White Album- Beatles
Pet Sounds- Beach Boys
Blonde on Blonde- Dylan
Let It Be- Replacements

any alien life will already know of MMJ, as Jim is obviously from another planet
6/3/06, 10/22/10, 6/7/11 12/14, 7/28/12 8/17 12/27 12/28, 7/26/13 10/12, 7/31/15 11/27, 4/29/16

sweatboard

There's Still Time.........

Taterbug

This is the standard issue flight suit.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

sweatboard

I really hope we find the planet Alf is from.  He would really dig us.

CountSA

MMJ - Okonokos
311 - Grassroots
John Frusciante - Inside of Emptiness
Ween - White Pepper
Tool - Lateralus  :drum:

Fully

Quote from: MMPJ6306 on Nov 08, 2013, 12:01 AM
Doolittle- Pixies
White Album- Beatles
Pet Sounds- Beach Boys
Blonde on Blonde- Dylan
Let It Be- Replacements

any alien life will already know of MMJ, as Jim is obviously from another planet
So true, plus we'll be bringing at least 5 copies of Okonokos with us.

sweatboard

Which is good because I'm now convinced that Okonokos is a map through the universe that leads to the planet Alf is from.

Fully

I was thinking it might be the sequence to unlock the opposite universe.

Taterbug

My Jim James Key chain is the key to unlock Planet Avatar.  I want some of that Bluetang.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

sweatboard

buaawwww

1) My Morning Jacket - "Okonokos"
2) Pink Floyd - "Dark Side of the Moon"
3) Deer Tick - "Divine Providence" (still high from the Webster Hall show last night)
4) Grateful Dead - "Grateful Dead Movie Soundtrack"
5) Pearl Jam - "Ten"

Fully

Quote from: Taterbug on Nov 08, 2013, 02:06 PM
My Jim James Key chain is the key to unlock Planet Avatar.  I want some of that Bluetang.

Dang, the only thing my JJ keychain does is unlock my neighbor's wifi password so I can look at Ted Nugent's Sweet Tang. (I'm going to vomit now)

Fully

By the way, if any of you want to hijack this spaceship and keep Sweatboard from hanging w/Alf, I'm in. There must be cooler Aliens.

sweatboard

Quote from: Fully on Nov 08, 2013, 03:43 PM
By the way, if any of you want to hijack this spaceship and keep Sweatboard from hanging w/Alf, I'm in. There must be cooler Aliens.

FALSE!!

Taterbug

Quote from: sweatboard on Nov 08, 2013, 03:49 PM
Quote from: Fully on Nov 08, 2013, 03:43 PM

FALSE!!

I'm in for scootin over to Ork for a few.  This guy knows how to Party. 

Tracy 2112

Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Fully

Quote from: Tracy 2112 on Nov 08, 2013, 06:35 PM
Turn it up!

I think you found the alien who's the smoothest of the bunch although she does look like she may have been space roofied.