7/16/02 show offered up...

Started by George_Savage, Jul 15, 2006, 01:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George_Savage

I've talked about this show before but it's been awhile.  I think it came up because of Honest Man and a discussion about it being played live.   They played it a few times in 2002; I saw 'em live 20 times (counting solo Jim shows) in 2002, but a lot of those shows were as openers for Doves, Guided by Voices, and Ben Kweller.  This particular show was in Houston on July 16, 2002.   They only played 45 minutes and it's an audience MD recording, but it's at least listenable.
     It's also notable for a splendid version of They Ran by Jim.    He opened the show with that one by himself and then the others walked out and they went into The Bear.   I don't have it here, but I believe they also did Heartbreakin Man, Just Because I Do, and Evelyn, though probably not in that order.   I do know that Honest Man was the sixth song and that it clocks in at over 11 minutes.   They closed, I believe with Phone Went West.   I thought that they were going into Lil Billy because of what Patrick did on drums right before it started.
         I don't have the ability to put this up anywhere, but if any of you want to put it up for the group, I will be happy to send it to you.   Have fun.

Low Dog
lowdog@koyote.com