Apr 10, 2020, 03:29 pm

The War on Drugs

Started by Murph, Dec 04, 2013, 05:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dmooney99

Quote from: crooney on Dec 21, 2018, 10:03 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L19yFfoDhYw

small philly show for a good cause.  just a tremendous video


I went on thursday at the Union Transfer which was outstanding. Thought the show started at 7:30 so i got there around 7 and doors weren't even opened yet. So when they did finally open I got rail.  Played for like 2 hours (til about midnight). Funniest was the opener, Tim Heidecker playing a song called "Hot Piss". Didn't know at the time but apparently he's a comedian, actor and musician.



parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

parkervb

so happy to re-up this thread with this social media tease

https://twitter.com/TheWarOnDrugs/status/1197040281972920320

I am hopeful its an album announcement but it could be some shows in Philly for Xmas
Don't you ever turn it off

Murph

Quote from: parkervb on Nov 20, 2019, 09:08 amso happy to re-up this thread with this social media tease

https://twitter.com/TheWarOnDrugs/status/1197040281972920320

I am hopeful its an album announcement but it could be some shows in Philly for Xmas

Damn.. was really hoping for an album announcement.  2 Shows in Philly.. Dec. 29/30

parkervb

anyone check those Drugsmas setlists?? Gonna need some top notch recordings of those

they closed with the twin monsters of Under Pressure and Thinking of a Place last night:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-war-on-drugs/2019/the-fillmore-philadelphia-philadelphia-pa-7b9bca0c.html

sick covers too. I need some new WOD in 2020 please.
Don't you ever turn it off

AKS

I looked first thing this morning! That show last night would have been something special. Those two songs to close the set! Good grief! I need to hear that Because The Night cover!

I really hope WOD hit the road in 2020, too!


Quote from: parkervb on Dec 31, 2019, 11:25 amanyone check those Drugsmas setlists?? Gonna need some top notch recordings of those

they closed with the twin monsters of Under Pressure and Thinking of a Place last night:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-war-on-drugs/2019/the-fillmore-philadelphia-philadelphia-pa-7b9bca0c.html

sick covers too. I need some new WOD in 2020 please.

jttouch2

Somebody from inforoo/Facebook has confirmed info from the manager that there'll be new stuff in the fall with a northeast run for Drumcember pt. 3 and then big spring/summer fest run

APR

Quote from: jttouch2 on Dec 31, 2019, 09:10 pmSomebody from inforoo/Facebook has confirmed info from the manager that there'll be new stuff in the fall with a northeast run for Drumcember pt. 3 and then big spring/summer fest run

That's great to know.  Thanks.  GO4IT was at one of the shows, and he said they were incredible, with top notch sound at the Met, and they seemed well rested.