Main Menu

The War on Drugs

Started by Murph, Dec 04, 2013, 05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Murph

Very excited to see this announcement today.  The War on Drugs will release a new album in March titled Lost in the Dream and will be touring.  I was so hooked on their last album, Slave Ambient.  It's definitely one of my favorite records from the past few years. 

http://www.thewarondrugs.net/

Crispy

Quote from: Murph on Dec 04, 2013, 05:27 PM
Very excited to see this announcement today.  The War on Drugs will release a new album in March titled Lost in the Dream and will be touring.  I was so hooked on their last album, Slave Ambient.  It's definitely one of my favorite records from the past few years. 

http://www.thewarondrugs.net/

This is fantastic news!
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

Ob1jacobe

fantastic news.  almost makes up for bad news i had on the walkmen  :thumbsup:

MrWhippy

Great news!  I loved Slave Ambient.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

bigloop

03/18/14 Philadelphia, PA Union Transfer
03/20/14 New York, NY Bowery Ballroom
03/21/14 Brooklyn, NY Music Hall Of Williamsburg
03/22/14 Pittsburgh, PA Altar
03/23/14 Chicago, IL Metro
03/26/14 Denver, CO Bluebird Theater
03/28/14 Seattle, WA Neptune
03/29/14 Vancouver, BC Biltmore Cabaret
03/30/14 Portland, OR Wonder Ballroom
04/01/14 San Francisco, CA The Independent
04/04/14 Los Angeles, CA The Troubadour
04/06/14 San Diego, CA Casbah
04/07/14 Phoenix, AZ Crescent Ballroom
04/08/14 Tucson, AZ Club Congress
04/10/14 Columbia, MO The Blue Note
04/11/14 Cincinnati, OH 20th Century
04/12/14 Cleveland, OH Grog Shop
04/13/14 Buffalo, NY Town Ballroom
04/14/14 Toronto, ON Legendary Horseshoe Tavern
04/17/14 Boston, MA Paradise
04/18/14 Washington, DC 9:30 Club

bartel

rincon2

Just got tickets to War On Drugs show in Ventura for April. Missed OBH 2, but I only have to drive 10 miles for this one. The next show at the Ventura Theater is The Waterboys, which is kind of a trip, as that is what WOD last album reminds me the most of. At least in the vocals.

sillyboob

War On Drugs were great at OBH.  They really kicked the week off on the right note (pun intended).  Great tunes, and Adam's guesting with MMJ on the covers night 1 was great!

Seeing them again in October at the Greek Theater.  Will be great!
Cuz it's been so long since someone shattered me.

walterfredo

I was shocked to see they were headlining the Greek, such a big venue for them.

RobbyD462

Great Band!
I saw them at the Vogue in Vancouver last month amazing!

Ill be seeing them again at the Pemberton Festival this July among many others.

If you havent yet check out Lost in the Dream fantastic album!
-Pemberton Festival 2008,Seattle-Oct,2/15,Seattle-Oct,3/2015

APR

Check your local PBS listings.  ACL episode with the War on Drugs aired over the weekend and will be repeated.

Shug

Fuck yeah!!!! New album and new TOUR!!!!!

http://www.thewarondrugs.net
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

jaye

2 nights at the Berkeley Greek and then Phosphorescent (with Father John Misty) playing the following night!   Plus it's Hardly Strictly Bluegrass weekend!   Shug - aren't you due for a Bay Area trip?   :wink:

* Oops- that's one night in Berkeley, one night at the LA greek.   :embarrassed:

walterfredo

Quote from: jaye on Apr 28, 2017, 10:39 AM
2 nights at the Berkeley Greek and then Phosphorescent (with Father John Misty) playing the following night!   Plus it's Hardly Strictly Bluegrass weekend!   Shug - aren't you due for a Bay Area trip?   :wink:

actually one night at the LA Greek and one at Berkeley Greek, but will definitely have to consider the Berkeley show, perfect time of the year for a show at the Greek.

LBSUNFLWR

nice!! I may be able to make Columbus work, closest show to me..

Shug

Quote from: jaye on Apr 28, 2017, 10:39 AM

We are definitely due for a Bay Area trip and we are going to do that for Magpie Salute at the Fillmore in Sept.  That would be cool to see ya there if you are going (Rich Robinson, Marc Ford and Sven Pipien with Charity White and Joe Magistro from the Black Crowes). 

For The War On Drugs, I think a Northwest trip to Seattle and Portland at the indoor theaters is gonna beat one night outdoors in Berkeley.

That's a pretty nice Sept and Oct for us, 3 great cities and venues and plenty of good music loving friends to visit!
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

iLikeBeer

I'm definitely hitting up the C'bus show!  My wife will be excited to finally get to see them live!  And it's a Friday night to boot!!!  :beer:

pjthom30

https://youtu.be/TeaDE1magRk

The new single right here. Cant wait for the full album

parkervb

another new track. i dig. can't wait for a new album, coming 8/25

Don't you ever turn it off

parkervb

so stoked for this album next month

Don't you ever turn it off