Main Menu

The War on Drugs

Started by Murph, Dec 04, 2013, 05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Shug on Jan 31, 2018, 08:04 PM
New headlining dates just announced in Vegas, Tucson, Phoenix, Cleveland, Detroit and Milwaukee around some of the festivals!

http://www.thewarondrugs.net/tour
Definitely hitting the Cleveland show for sure!  It will be my wife's first time seeing them!   :beer:

Shug

They also added a couple other So. Cal shows around Coachella, too.
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

APR

I saw them again Sunday night in Brooklyn.  Great show as always.  They played two hours, and it seemed like it went by in a flash.  The intro/build up to Under The Pressure was incredibly cool and long.

Shug

We have two shows in AZ next week, YEAH!

Murph

Quote from: APR on Apr 10, 2018, 03:21 PM
I saw them again Sunday night in Brooklyn.  Great show as always.  They played two hours, and it seemed like it went by in a flash.  The intro/build up to Under The Pressure was incredibly cool and long.

I was there also and it was a great show.  Under the Pressure is so epic live.  Strangest Thing is still my favorite from the new album and they killed that one too.  Brought out Craig Finn for a cover of Warren Zevon - Accidentally Like a Martyr, that was cool to see... plus Craig said a new Hold Steady album is almost done!

johnnYYac

TWoD were on Late Night with Seth Meyers a few days ago...

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

parkervb

I was hoping NYCtaper was at the Brooklyn show but they were not. BUT they said there was a stealth taper there so it had me hitting etree up to see if it was posted there. It was not. BUT, I did come across this GORGEOUS recording from late last year that took place in Amsterdam:

https://archive.org/details/twod2017-11-01.flac16

Monster back to back Thinking of a Place & Under Pressure.

enjoy.

(edit: looks like this is the same show that e-stone shared)
Don't you ever turn it off

Shug

Looks like Adam got himself a Flying V!  Sweet!  And he's wearing a Bob Dylan Time Out Of Mind t-shirt (the album title was reportedly taken from the Warren Zevon song Accidentally Like A Martyr that both Dylan and WOD have covered). 

Really hoping to hear You Don't Have To Go next week.

APR

Quote from: Shug on Apr 13, 2018, 12:34 PM
Looks like Adam got himself a Flying V!  Sweet!  And he's wearing a Bob Dylan Time Out Of Mind t-shirt (the album title was reportedly taken from the Warren Zevon song Accidentally Like A Martyr that both Dylan and WOD have covered). 

Really hoping to hear You Don't Have To Go next week.

Nice trivia regarding the shirt Shug.  He was wearing the same shirt in Brooklyn (although I was too far away to see what exactly was on the shirt and wouldn't have known those fact anyway).  Enjoy the AZ shows.

I'm going to check that audio parkervb and am pretty sure that exact show is pro shot video on You Tube that I've seen.

APR

Quote from: Murph on Apr 12, 2018, 09:08 AM
Quote from: APR on Apr 10, 2018, 03:21 PM

I was there also and it was a great show.  Under the Pressure is so epic live.  Strangest Thing is still my favorite from the new album and they killed that one too.  Brought out Craig Finn for a cover of Warren Zevon - Accidentally Like a Martyr, that was cool to see... plus Craig said a new Hold Steady album is almost done!

Seems like we have a lot of overlap of shows.  I hope to catch you at one of them down the road.

parkervb

i think this is the show APR and Murph:

LOVE that he gives NYCtaper a shout-out! A great live music site and contributor to the music scene in NYC

Murph

Quote from: parkervb on Apr 30, 2018, 03:13 PM
i think this is the show APR and Murph:

LOVE that he gives NYCtaper a shout-out! A great live music site and contributor to the music scene in NYC

Ohhh awesome.  I'll give this a watch.  Everyone check out the encore, it was really killer.  And you're right, NYCTaper has supplied me with so much music over the years. 

APR

One of the best (if not the best), fan shot combo of video and audio I've ever seen.  I would see these guys again and any and every time I can.  I doubt they'll be playing these small venues in the future though. 

oistheone

For those up north, check out Hockey Night in Canada tonight for some killer WOD content!

Jackets N Pones

Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

parkervb

listened to Lost in the Dream to wrap up a 7 hour road trip last night and man, i don't think they have a better song than An Ocean in Between the Waves. Such an amazing track.

tho I love that song above all other WOD songs, the production quality between LITD and A Deeper Understanding is massive.

WickedMessenger

Ocean Between the Waves has the awesome build and then just ends suddenly in a perfect spot! It was the highlight of their concert here in San Diego a few months back. Should be their closing song.   

Jackets N Pones

perfect road trip song

also saw he is dating jane from breaking bad

right on
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

crooney

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L19yFfoDhYw

small philly show for a good cause.  just a tremendous video

Zutroy

Quote from: crooney on Dec 21, 2018, 10:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L19yFfoDhYw

small philly show for a good cause.  just a tremendous video

Went to the show last night at the Tower. They crushed it.