2014 Forecastle Festival - July 18-20 - Louisville, KY

Started by johnnYYac, Jan 11, 2014, 03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penny Lane

Quote from: e_wind on Jan 14, 2014, 12:00 PM
Also, I would think the people who run forecastle probably don't want it to become MMJ fest

that's a good point..considering they were devoted to it in 2012 (curating), i can't see them just 'playing' forecastle; if they come, they come big or not at all..i don't see them doing fests with new material. I see a BIG TOUR summer/fall.
but come on...there's nothing sexy about poop. Nothing.  -bbill

LBSUNFLWR

I live in Louisville and skipped Forecastle last year. After the mega line-up in 2012 I was disappointed with last year's headliners so I passed. I am hoping for MMJ and one other favorite band to headline, and then hoping to see a lot of my other favorites I am starting to see pop up on other festival Lineups.

The Chris Robinson Brotherhood would be sweet. Jenny Lewis, Jason Isbell, Jackie Greene, Jeff Tweedy...just to cover the J's.  Here's hoping for an incredible Forecastle!! Because I doubt I'll be traveling to any of the others. Mountain Jam and Shaky Knees look the best of what i have seen so far.

layin low

Well, no MMJ on any of these lineups, though Shaky Knees is teasing "one more big performer." Perhaps they are doing all they can to get Jim and the boys in the ATL. Was hoping for Hangout, but that lineup isn't enough for me to shell out the money. If you like OutKast, plenty of choices!

Fully

Quote from: layin low on Jan 15, 2014, 01:20 PM
Well, no MMJ on any of these lineups, though Shaky Knees is teasing "one more big performer." Perhaps they are doing all they can to get Jim and the boys in the ATL. Was hoping for Hangout, but that lineup isn't enough for me to shell out the money. If you like OutKast, plenty of choices!

My guess is that the headliner is booked, but isn't able to announce it. (Perhaps because they are under obligation to another festival or Cloud9 as others have speculated elsewhere.)

e_wind

someone said that the 3rd headliner was Beck at shaky knees, and he backed out before the line up announcement a couple days ago.

I can't remember if I posted it here, but Modest Mouse is being rumoured around town as headliner at Forecastle.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

EverythingChanges

Quote from: e_wind on Jan 15, 2014, 06:13 PM
someone said that the 3rd headliner was Beck at shaky knees, and he backed out before the line up announcement a couple days ago.

I can't remember if I posted it here, but Modest Mouse is being rumored around town as headliner at Forecastle.

I wouldn't be super happy, nor super disappointed if that were the case with Modest Mouse.  I hope Forecastle brings either The National, Deer Tick, Arcade Fire, Conor Oberst, Iron and Wine, White Denim, or Portugal since most of them have appeared on multiple lineups.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

ajclements004

Based on all the headliners I've seen so far, I'm growing worried Forecastle may look somewhat similar and that just tears me apart.  I really hope they just blow everyone's mind and MMJ plays!!!

LBSUNFLWR

Quote from: ajclements004 on Jan 16, 2014, 04:11 PM
Based on all the headliners I've seen so far, I'm growing worried Forecastle may look somewhat similar and that just tears me apart.  I really hope they just blow everyone's mind and MMJ plays!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Hope you're right!

Woldie

Really hoping for a return visit to Outside Lands, but with an evening slot this time around.

If they return to Bonnaroo, I may not be able to resist, even in my old age.
"The owls are not what they seem."

Fully

How old are you Woldie? I go every year and I'm 46. I see lots of people older than me there. Don't ever let your age keep you from having fun.

headhunter

Quote from: Fully on Jan 22, 2014, 07:08 PM
How old are you Woldie? I go every year and I'm 46. I see lots of people older than me there. Don't ever let your age keep you from having fun.

Amen Beth!

was some shakin' and some record playin'

Crispy

Quote from: headhunter on Jan 22, 2014, 08:37 PM

Amen Beth!

Olds! Ima get on your lawn!
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Fully

Quote from: Crispy on Jan 22, 2014, 10:59 PM

Amen Beth!

All my neighbors are in their eighties. It's like we live in a retirement village. There's always an ambulance coming to pick them up when they fall. Our diabetic neighbors will bring us pies with one piece gone. Just wanted to share.

Crispy

Quote from: Fully on Jan 23, 2014, 06:26 AM
Quote from: Crispy on Jan 22, 2014, 10:59 PM

Amen Beth!

All my neighbors are in their eighties. It's like we live in a retirement village. There's always an ambulance coming to pick them up when they fall. Our diabetic neighbors will bring us pies with one piece gone. Just wanted to share.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

EverythingChanges

There's a couple hints on Forecastle's Instagram page or FB page.  One is presenting an Avocado.  Maybe some PJ this year?

The other hint is coat hangers in the back of a car in the snow.  Some people are guessing hang me out to dry cold war kids, and many people are guessing MMJ, but I think the MMJ guess is more of a wish than a real guess. 

Fully

I don't know about Forecastle's hints, but they are in cahoots with Ashley Capps. Bonnaroo's Roo clues are never about the headliners.

ajclements004

I definitely agree the MMJ chants are just wishes.  I'm guilty of it as well.  They'd be stupid not to have the jacket there this year.  Louisvillians are begging and pleading for the jacket!

EverythingChanges

Quote from: ajclements004 on Jan 29, 2014, 03:35 PM
I definitely agree the MMJ chants are just wishes.  I'm guilty of it as well.  They'd be stupid not to have the jacket there this year.  Louisvillians are begging and pleading for the jacket!

I wonder if they've tried to line something up this year with them, or if FC is just ignoring the pleads to avoid making it MMJ fest.  I'm guilty of it too, haha. 

This is the band of the week:

Los Campesinos! - No Blues (full album)

Not excited by them in all honesty.  So far the bands that have been hinted at over the past three weeks have been very underwhelming.  Two countryish artists, Outkast, and these guys.  If Modest Mouse ends up headling as well, my festival fix may end up elsewhere.  Nothing against MM, but they are just decent in my book.  I hope they're holding out on some special surprises for us.

ajclements004

Quote from: EverythingChanges on Jan 29, 2014, 03:41 PM
Quote from: ajclements004 on Jan 29, 2014, 03:35 PM

I wonder if they've tried to line something up this year with them, or if FC is just ignoring the pleads to avoid making it MMJ fest.  I'm guilty of it too, haha. 

This is the band of the week:

Los Campesinos! - No Blues (full album)

Not excited by them in all honesty.  So far the bands that have been hinted at over the past three weeks have been very underwhelming.  Two countryish artists, Outkast, and these guys.  If Modest Mouse ends up headling as well, my festival fix may end up elsewhere.  Nothing against MM, but they are just decent in my book.  I hope they're holding out on some special surprises for us.

I've already got a ticket, but if the lineup isn't there I have no problem getting rid of it. 

EverythingChanges