2014 Forecastle Festival - July 18-20 - Louisville, KY

Started by johnnYYac, Jan 11, 2014, 03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stxfan10

"Special props to MMJ for somehow stealing the show -- ran into Tommy like 20 times throughout the weekend, and Pat and Jim were rocking SO HARD right in front of my girlfriend and I during the Replacements. After the show, I went up to them asking if they would be so kind as to grade my girlfriend's MMJ tattoo, and like the wonderful people they are, they called her over and we all chatted and took pics for a few minutes. My girlfriend has the MMJ owl tattooed on her wrist, and when I asked what they'd rate that on a MMJ TAT scale of one-to-ten, Pat quickly replied "oh that's definitely a ONE...." and my girlfriend, myself and Jim all kinda took an awkward look at him before he flashed a huge smile and said "..ZERO.. A one-zero! That's a ten baby!" and it was probably the funniest moment of the weekend."

Woah. I thought running into Pat during Tune Yards set was cool.
He seemed like he was in a hurry to get up front, so I didn't say anything beyond "Hey, Pat."
Sounds like your Forecastle 2014 was quite memorable.

e_wind

Quote from: rmpotsy on Jul 20, 2014, 01:03 PM
Pardon my language but...

JACK MOTHER FUCKING WHITE

Yup. Stole the whole god-damn weekend. I've never tried to get into any of JW's bands, but now....

Other than that - Isbell ruled. Beck killed it. Outkast was the shit, too. The Black Lips we're a fun weekend opener. First time I've seen Against Me! since her surgery, didn't change the music or performance, I just was interested in seeing if it would. Jenny Lewis was great. JaLin Roze was great, and some close friends of mine were recruited for his back up band. Fuckin' Slint. The Replacements. One of the best weekends of music I've ever seen...
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...