Introducing Karl Blau (Jim James-related)

Started by e-stone, Feb 19, 2016, 05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e-stone

apologies if this has been posted elsewhere.  i had not heard of this guy previous to this, but it looks like he's been around for some time.

anyways, this song is ridiculously good and i would be absolutely ecstatic if this sound rubbed off on jim's new solo ablum...just gorgeous:

Quote from: Karl BlauA Link Wray tune, this track is from my forthcoming album release "Introducing" which features Tucker Martine's production (as well as drums!), Eli Moore's beautiful guitar, Steve Moore on the piano and organ, and some backing vocals by Jim James of My Morning Jacket and Laura Veirs.

"Introducing" releasing May 13th 2016 on Bella Union(UK/EU) and Raven Marching Band Records(US) has elements of country and soul and features tunes written in the 70s - Tom T. Hall, Waylon Jennings, Don Gibson, Barry Gibb, Townes Van Zandt, Tom Rush are some of the songwriters covered.

Thanks to The Line of Best Fit for sending out album/single announcements this February 18th 2016 post - www.thelineofbestfit.com/new-music/di...ry/karl-blau

MusiKel Mama

Thanks for posting this, pal. I hadn't heard of him either, but this was a real Friday night mood-matcher...a quiet yearning catalyzed by introspection. Simply beautiful.

Come Closer

I had the same exact experience yesterday. Jim tweeted about it I think? Never heard the name. Song blew me away.