tidbit memories from the OBH shows

Started by mahg33ta, Feb 01, 2014, 01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahg33ta

The glow of success from this trip will be a memory forever.

But, some of the little details might fade.   So I'm starting this thread (instead of posting in the long thread) to capture some of the little moments that made the show special.

I'll start.   Remember IWSYS?   Jimmy doing the slidy-hands thing up the neck of the guitar?   Then continuing to do it with a silly grin on his face?

SpaceWrangler

Quote from: mahg33ta on Feb 01, 2014, 01:29 PM

Remember IWSYS?   Jimmy doing the slidy-hands thing up the neck of the guitar?   Then continuing to do it with a silly grin on his face?

All I remember from Sing U Songs was my face melting. Then immediately melting again during War Begun, but not quite as much, then fully melting during PWW. Set break. Repeat.

I did eat some fungus before the show so that may have something to do with the melting
The Fact That My Heart's Beating IS ALL THE PROOF YOU NEED

63schoefflin

The drink service during the show was world class. I just remember double fisting for basically the entire first and second show. Never even had a chance to think about having to take a bathroom break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rolliefingers

i remember the hardest rocking dondante guitar solo......totally unexpected!

highly suspicious was a gem....

one big holiday with all the drinks being chucked in the air!  Carl doing the air kicks/splits!

the glowsticks on night 3!

I Know you Rider i was feeling super loose!

The Jam at the end of "Phone went west" started a lil differently and i loved it

Also have to give props to Flaming Lips "heroes" cover

mahg33ta

rolliefingers

Bobby and Jim going forehead to forehead on a guitar solo was priceless!

SpaceWrangler

Robe dude with a sombrero

McLovin

Rumors of Bill Murray being there (random)

SpaceWrangler

Being very unhappy with "Careless Whisper" then having Jim change a crappy song into something ba ba bananas nanas... As usual. Freaking awesome!

Ever notice that they play their covers better than the originals, btw?

Ltravieso

Yes I do!!!  Also noticed the rest of band laughing.  It was the best concert experience ever!  SO CLOSE & intimate, i feel we are all family now.
Anytime your war gets out of hand, I'll take it on.

Ltravieso

Wayne Coyne teleprompter scene was great. 
Anytime your war gets out of hand, I'll take it on.

SpaceWrangler

Quote from: Ltravieso on Feb 01, 2014, 02:05 PM
Wayne Coyne teleprompter scene was great.
Haha... Wayne got caught up at one point and couldn't get the prompts to JIm.

"Something something something something something g blah blah blah blaaaAaaaaaaAaaAaah! The Shareef don't like it..... ROCK the casbah"

vwxg14a

Bar none, Jim's ear to ear smile during the teleprompter with wayne.

Also all the shout outs I randomly received after my (im)famous Short People Lip Sync "dance"
Pops, Langerado, Lollapalooza, RCMH, Miami Beach, MSG, St Aug, T5.

MrWhippy

People dancing in hot tubs during the Rob Garza and MMJ dance parties.
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

ms. yvon

sometime late in the 2nd night set mahg33ta leaning in to say to me, "we're going to go home and talk about these shows and no one will believe it."
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

consigliare

Standing there drinking a beer a beer on day 1 near the stairwell of building 6, turning around and seeing them roll up and get off a golf cart, greeting them as they passed, and watching them go up the stairwell to the green room - which I now discovered was essentially next to ours ... then, randomly passing and greeting them in the stairwell at various times when going to/from our room  :beer:

brob

Patrick passing out shots of tequila at the dance party to the folks up front

scosby2

The smiles I got from Tom, Carl,
and Jim as they started The Dark

rolliefingers

Quote from: scosby2 on Feb 01, 2014, 07:09 PM
The smiles I got from Tom, Carl,
and Jim as they started The Dark

they were probably relieved that there was a physical barrier between them and their stalker lol!

MrWhippy

MMJ Night 1 – Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn, Master Plan, Steam Engine

MMJ Night 1 – I Know You Rider, Brown Eyed Women, Cobra, Tyrone, Easy Morning Rebel, Mahgeetah

MMJ Night 2 - EVERY FUCKING SECOND OF IT

MMJ Night 3 – Carried Away, O, Strangulation, end of Run Thru, Dondante, Don't Do It, Anytime

Mariachi El Bronx absolutely killing it, and ItBeats4Jew playing maracas along to their set

Flaming Lips covering Heroes (David Bowie)
My heart can't wait to meet you on the other side.

My Morning Tube top

What Whippy said  :thumbsup: Elizabeth, Juan and David our amazingly friendly and helpful servers- would love to see them annually! Late night beach hangouts with Chupacabra's and Kevin's humor.  :beer: