Main Menu

Gov't Mule

Started by bold99, Oct 31, 2008, 10:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bold99

Going to the Mule-O-Ween tonight in Boston..pretty pumped...never been disappointed by a Mule show and this one looks like it could be special.

Dark Side of the Mule?

Gov't Mule will open its fall tour with new bassist Jorgen Carlsson on Thursday October 30 at the Flynn Theatre. While this will be a momentous show in its own right, it also will serve as a prelude to the group's Halloween performance at Boston's Orpheum Theatre. The band has not made any formal announcement as what will happen on October 31 at the Orpheum but it appears that the Mule may well perform the music of Pink Floyd at some point during the night. We can confirm that portions of the show will be in Quadraphonic Sound and that the band will be joined by guest musicians. Beyond that, a pop up which appears at Mule.net seems to hint at a Floyd theme.
Last Fair Deal Gone Down...

ritchiem4812

Badass. Their Houses of the Holy cover is awesome. I can only imagine how good their DSOTMule cover would be!!!

Jaimoe

I got on-board the Gov't Mule train from the beginning. But make sure you leave your lady at home. Chicks don't dig The Mule.

bold99

QuoteI got on-board the Gov't Mule train from the beginning. But make sure you leave your lady at home. Chicks don't dig The Mule.

In general I'll have to agree...I took my ex to see them once and he hated it....but at the same time I went to Mountain Jam this year and I was upfront for the Mule sets and there were a ton of girls rocking out up there.  

Jaimoe

QuoteI got on-board the Gov't Mule train from the beginning. But make sure you leave your lady at home. Chicks don't dig The Mule.

In general I'll have to agree...I took my ex to see them once and he hated it....but at the same time I went to Mountain Jam this year and I was upfront for the Mule sets and there were a ton of girls rocking out up there.  

God love ya, but you ladies are in a minority at jam shows that's for sure, unless it's a Phish show  :-X

The Mule are even more polarizing since they appeal to folks that were weaned on manly bands like Thin Lizzy, Mountain and Free instead of girl- friendly AOR rock like Peter Frampton (not including his work in Humble Pie).  

ritchiem4812

Hell of a show!!

QuoteSet I
Brighter Days
Bad Little Doggie
Brand New Angel
Gameface
Trane->
Eternity's Breath Jam->
St. Stephen's Jam->
Monkey Hill
Child Of The Earth
Kinder Bird Jam*->
Kind Of Bird

Set II
One Of These Days*->
Fearless*->
Pigs On The Wing Part 2*->
Shine On You Crazy Diamond*$&->
Have A Cigar*&->
Speak To Me*->
Breathe*$->
On The Run*->
Time*->
Great Gig In The Sky*$->
Money*$&->
Comfortably Numb*$->
Shine On You Crazy Diamond Reprise*$&->
Wish You Were Here

Encore
A Million Miles From Yesterday$
Blind Man In The Dark&

All Photos by Chris Rushin

*1st Time Played
$ with Machan Taylor, Sophia Ramos & Durga McBroom Hudson
& with Ron Holloway

bold99

QuoteHell of a show!!

QuoteSet I
Brighter Days
Bad Little Doggie
Brand New Angel
Gameface
Trane->
Eternity's Breath Jam->
St. Stephen's Jam->
Monkey Hill
Child Of The Earth
Kinder Bird Jam*->
Kind Of Bird

Set II
One Of These Days*->
Fearless*->
Pigs On The Wing Part 2*->
Shine On You Crazy Diamond*$&->
Have A Cigar*&->
Speak To Me*->
Breathe*$->
On The Run*->
Time*->
Great Gig In The Sky*$->
Money*$&->
Comfortably Numb*$->
Shine On You Crazy Diamond Reprise*$&->
Wish You Were Here

Encore
A Million Miles From Yesterday$
Blind Man In The Dark&

All Photos by Chris Rushin

*1st Time Played
$ with Machan Taylor, Sophia Ramos & Durga McBroom Hudson
& with Ron Holloway

What an awesome show.....good times.  Loved the light show and they nailed the Floyd tunes.

Taterbug

Just listened to Dark Side of the Mule.   I really enjoyed it .  Floyd with a Mule kick.   
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe

Jaimoe

Quote from: Taterbug on Dec 31, 2014, 12:33 PM
Just listened to Dark Side of the Mule.   I really enjoyed it .  Floyd with a Mule kick.

I don't listen to The Mule any more, or jam music for that matter, other than the originators ABB and Dead, but I'll give this new Mule/Floyd hybrid a listen.

Taterbug

Quote from: Jaimoe on Dec 31, 2014, 12:36 PM
Quote from: Taterbug on Dec 31, 2014, 12:33 PM

I don't listen to The Mule any more, or jam music for that matter, other than the originators ABB and Dead, but I'll give this new Mule/Floyd hybrid a listen.

The recording is from the 08 Boston Halloween show talked about earlier in this thread.  Lots of other goodies besides the Floyd stuff.
"Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle" Honest Abe