2014 - Favorite Albums (so far)

Started by e_wind, Feb 03, 2014, 02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

I'm checking out The War on Drugs now. I expected it add it to the list of DBT, Beck, and Real Estate as the best so far this year.
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

e-stone

off the top o' me head:

Damien Jurado - Brothers and Sisters of the Eternal Son + Sisters
The War on Drugs - Lost In The Dream
Real Estate - Atlas

need more time with the new S. Carey and Elbow albums, but they are both strong

really looking forward to the new Wye Oak

dmooney99

Quote from: e_wind on Mar 18, 2014, 12:07 PM
I'm checking out The War on Drugs now. I expected it add it to the list of DBT, Beck, and Real Estate as the best so far this year.

philly artist :thumbsup: although i still need to pick up that album.

elbow's latest album is pretty solid.

Ob1jacobe

my latest.  War on Drugs is clear number 1.  the rest i am still deciding.  I think sun kil moon is fantastic but is such a hard listen, you have to be in the mood.

1. War on Drugs - Lost in The Dream
  2. Damien Jurado - Brothers and Sisters of the Eternal Son
  3. Real Estate - Atlas
  4. Beck - Mourning Phase
  5. Angle Olsen - Burn Your Fire For No Witness
  6. St. Vincent - S/T
  7. Temples - Sun Structures
  8. Phantogram - Voices
  9. The Men - Tomorrow's Hits
  10. Sun Kil Moon - Benji

Angelo

I started listening to War on Drugs last night and am really digging it. It sounds very involved if that makes any sense. This one is going to really open itself up after more listens.
Simone Felice's new one is streaming on Paste. That's also quiet good after just a few listens.

Angelo

Been listening to a lot of Dean Wareham's self-titled lately. You can definitely hear some of Jim's production in it, hell one of the songs sounds like a cut off of Regions. At the same time it definitely sounds like a Dean record, too. I say that while only being familiar with Dean and Britta. Either way, good stuff. I'm going to have to check out Luna.

e_wind

Johnny Cash's "lost album" is streaming on Rolling Stone I beliece

e_wind

Oh and the first single off Black keys new record is streaming. I haven't listened, I'm not very hopeful.

parkervb

Quote from: e_wind on Mar 24, 2014, 01:44 PM
Oh and the first single off Black keys new record is streaming. I haven't listened, I'm not very hopeful.

you were right to not be hopeful. 
Don't you ever turn it off

Come Closer

This album's short and sweet. Very sweet.

Northern Neighbour

Murph

Quote from: Northern Neighbour on Apr 04, 2014, 12:33 PM
Here's Fiddle's and my favourite 15 albums of 2014 so far.  Thoughts?

http://therevue.ca/2014/04/mundo-15-our-favorite-albums-of-the-first-quarter-of-2014/

Awesome list, I cant wait to check out this Slothrust album

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Angelo on Mar 23, 2014, 03:37 PM
Been listening to a lot of Dean Wareham's self-titled lately. You can definitely hear some of Jim's production in it, hell one of the songs sounds like a cut off of Regions. At the same time it definitely sounds like a Dean record, too. I say that while only being familiar with Dean and Britta. Either way, good stuff. I'm going to have to check out Luna.

Don't stop with Luna.  IMHO, Galaxy 500 blows Luna away.  Don't get me wrong, I love me some Luna as well, but I just think Galaxy is by far Dean's best collaboration...  :beer:

Willard1979

Quote from: Osistheones on Mar 27, 2014, 09:52 PM
This album's short and sweet. Very sweet.

I just checked out some previews of this on iTunes.  So far, I'm really liking it!  :thumbsup:

Ob1jacobe

Quote from: Northern Neighbour on Apr 04, 2014, 12:33 PM
Here's Fiddle's and my favourite 15 albums of 2014 so far.  Thoughts?

http://therevue.ca/2014/04/mundo-15-our-favorite-albums-of-the-first-quarter-of-2014/

I'm loving Hurray for the Riff Raff!.  Nice work Northern Neighbour & Fiddle on the site!

Ob1jacobe

Woods - With Light and with Love out today & it's great.  I loved Bend Beyond from a couple years ago too. 

Come Closer

Quote from: Ob1jacobe on Apr 15, 2014, 03:07 PM
Woods - With Light and with Love out today & it's great.  I loved Bend Beyond from a couple years ago too.
I agree, I was gonna post about it. I heard the stream last week and its very good.

Come Closer

I'm enjoying a couple other albums that came out today

Ryley Walker- All Kinds of You
Horse Thief- Fear in Bliss

Crispy

Quote from: Osistheones on Apr 15, 2014, 10:15 PM

Nice! And if folks would like to hear some more weird Okie goodness, check out Colourmusic's new record, May You Marry Rich.
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

Ob1jacobe

Quote from: Crispy on Apr 16, 2014, 10:47 AM
Quote from: Osistheones on Apr 15, 2014, 10:15 PM

Nice! And if folks would like to hear some more weird Okie goodness, check out Colourmusic's new record, May You Marry Rich.

I am loving this album.  But I do need to add this is Texas goodness, originally from Flower Mound, TX and then relocated :)