Opening night - J Roddy Walston & the Business, MMJ
Second Night - Pres Hall (should always be Pres Hall), MMJ
Third Night - Tame Impala, Dawes
Last night - Futurebirds, MMJ

with Girl Talk doing a late night DJ set on 2nd or 3rd night
Don't you ever turn it off

millerjustin

Quote from: whiskeyknits on Mar 05, 2014, 03:29 PM
I agree I'd love to see more daytime music options. there's only so much drinking in the sun that can be done...

Opening night - Antibalas
Second night opener - Gary Clark Jr.
Third night Dirty Projectors ---> Alt J
3rd night opener Dr. Dog

love this Erica!
What's in here won't disappear

Stevie

Here's another idea taking from some previous posts:

PHJB to sit in with MMJ every night and play a couple day time sets here and there
Night 1: Gary Clark jr. > MMJ
Night 2: Youth Lagoon > MMJ
Night 3: Jim Acoustic > Tame Impala
Night 4: Dr. Dog > MMJ

The thing about Tame Impala is that they really shouldn't be opening for anyone anymore.  They have already cultivated the kind of power that is best served to finish off the night.  I'm not saying they have a ton of star power or anything i just think it would be a strange experience.  Although, if any band can follow them up it's MMJ, obviously. 

e_wind

The dream line up on this forum should consist of MMJ all four nights. But if not I think Wilco would be best on their off night. My dream/realistic situation would be Mayan Holidaze situation but with MMJ and Wilco some how working out 5 nights of awesomeness. 2 nights of jacket 2 nights of wilco, and a night of a Solid Sound style all requests collab between the two balls to the walls style
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

EverythingChanges

Quote from: e_wind on Mar 07, 2014, 01:00 AM
The dream line up on this forum should consist of MMJ all four nights. But if not I think Wilco would be best on their off night. My dream/realistic situation would be Mayan Holidaze situation but with MMJ and Wilco some how working out 5 nights of awesomeness. 2 nights of jacket 2 nights of wilco, and a night of a Solid Sound style all requests collab between the two balls to the walls style

That would be amazing.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

justbcuzido

Quote from: e_wind on Mar 07, 2014, 01:00 AM

Face melting just thinking of this.

I know people on the board said something about Wilco being "too big" to share a bill with Jacket or even be their off night band. I really don't agree with that statement.

I think Tweedy can be a dick, but he does respect Jacket and Jim respects his stuff enough that they'd have fun collaborating (and they already have). I think Flaming Lips is bigger than Wilco, and they shared a bill at OBH. Granted, all Wayne Coyne wants in life is for people to cheer... "Come on.. Come on!!"
Mona Lisa must'a had the highway blues, you can tell by the way she smiles.

Angelo

I have to respectfully disagree with your statement that the Flips are bigger than Wilco. Keep in mind I have no real data to back this up which, I believe, makes this a real internet debate. Call it a hunch I guess. I just feel like Wilco has a larger fanbase.

Gina

I'm a little more on the proggy side.  Flaming Lips people might like....

Gotye
Sound of Contact (one of the best debut albums that I ever heard came from them last year).

How about something bluesy/Led Zeppelinish like.....Steepwater Band. 

Definitely more PHJB.

I wouldn't mind some Tedeschi Trucks Band too.

Would love to see more Bob Weir.  He was awesome.

All 4 nights of MMJ.  :thumbsup:

Gina

Oh!  And I really did like El Bronx Mariachi.  Even the locals were diggin' them.

e_wind

Quote from: Angelo on Mar 12, 2014, 09:46 PM
I have to respectfully disagree with your statement that the Flips are bigger than Wilco. Keep in mind I have no real data to back this up which, I believe, makes this a real internet debate. Call it a hunch I guess. I just feel like Wilco has a larger fanbase.

A more loyal and diehard fan base, no doubt. When it comes down to the number of tickets these dudes can sell on any given night, I'd call it close.

LauraM

Quote from: whiskeyknits on Mar 05, 2014, 03:29 PM
I agree I'd love to see more daytime music options. there's only so much drinking in the sun that can be done...

Opening night - Antibalas
Second night opener - Gary Clark Jr.
Third night Dirty Projectors ---> Alt J
3rd night opener Dr. Dog

Love this!  I have to confess I kind of liked getting my late night groove on and Alt J would be really fun for that!

walterfredo

I gotta agree with Angelo on this one.  Again, no real data to back it up, but I'd say Wilco is a much, much bigger band than the Lips, but I guess it depends on how you define 'bigger'.  IMO (I'm sure I'll get grief for this statement) the Lips are just a big stage performance...I've seen them once and have no real need to ever see them again.  Lots of visuals and eye candy, but I prefer a band where the music speaks for itself.  Wilco's music is transcendent.

I still don't see Tweedy/Wilco playing second fiddle to MMJ at something like OBH, but if they did something like e_wind was suggesting, where they somewhat split the bill, I think that would make for an amazing experience.   

Crispy

Quote from: walterfredo on Mar 14, 2014, 12:06 PM

I gotta agree with Angelo on this one.  Again, no real data to back it up, but I'd say Wilco is a much, much bigger band than the Lips, but I guess it depends on how you define 'bigger'.  IMO (I'm sure I'll get grief for this statement) the Lips are just a big stage performance...I've seen them once and have no real need to ever see them again.  Lots of visuals and eye candy, but I prefer a band where the music speaks for itself.  Wilco's music is transcendent.

I still don't see Tweedy/Wilco playing second fiddle to MMJ at something like OBH, but if they did something like e_wind was suggesting, where they somewhat split the bill, I think that would make for an amazing experience.

Well, one could go by Tracy's favorite metric, Facebook Likes:

Wilco
612,731 likes · 1,900 talking about this

Flaming Lips
658,547 likes · 3,976 talking about this

I think you're right, wf, no way Tweedy would go for opening for MMJ, but the split bill could work, and would be AWESOME.
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

johnnYYac

I should think a festival swap would work.  Wilco does the "off" night of OBH '15 and MMJ does Solid Sound '15.  Problem solved.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Angelo

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 14, 2014, 03:04 PM
I should think a festival swap would work.  Wilco does the "off" night of OBH '15 and MMJ does Solid Sound '15.  Problem solved.
Shut down the thread. Yac is the Problem Solver.

Crispy - if we went with FB likes MMJ would be opening for Flaming Lips. They have just over 400k.

MMJ612

Trampled by Turtles- TBT have opened for MMJ before and joined MMJ on stage in Mpls at Americanarama.

Decemberists or Colin Meloy- Jim sang on The Decemberists Hazards of Love CD so they owe him. 

J Roddy Walston and the Business- They share the ATO record label with MMJ.

themarsvolta

Quote from: Angelo on Feb 26, 2014, 11:20 AM
J. Roddy would be fun, Yac.

My list:
Dr. Dog
The Roots

Or just make it a JJ festival and bring:
The Monsters of Folk, New Multitudes, and JJ band members.  :cheesy:

You must be pumped!?

:wink:

@@

e_wind

Honestly, if we're talkin realistic, Dr Dog and WOD are both on my "dream" lineup. Take BoH and Dawes off, replace them with some else I love like Isbell, Truckers, Wilco, Lucero and this year would be my dream. I definitely cannot complain about my favorite (dr d) and my favorite record of 2014 (WOD). I think we should be thrilled this year. As much as this hurts to say, I'll take boh over flaming lips since the flips are doing this weird show they do these days.

Angelo

Yep, absolutely thrilled that Dr. Dog is going to be there. It'd be even better if they were headlining Jacket's off night. I'm with you Eric, I'd rather BoH over Flips. I never thought I would say that but I was really disappointed with their set at OBH. Some people said Wilco would be there (Ghosts) and I told those people they were nuts  :tongue:  That's a straight-up pipe dream. WoD is great news though.

Not quite ready to add my name to that RC list but it feels like it is an inevitability.

tippitoes22

Quote from: walterfredo on Feb 26, 2014, 11:29 AM
Quote from: e_wind on Feb 26, 2014, 11:17 AM
Wilco

would be absolutely amazing, but Tweedy's to full of himself to be second bill to anyone (other than Bob Dylan of course).

I'm SOOO happy jeff tweedy isn't going. Rather see Sinbad open than him :)

P.S. Dr. Dog is killer live, you won't be disappointed. Lyrically, musically a much more talented, underrated, and more fun band. I'm stoked for the uninitiated to see them.

P.P.S only thing that would be better are the Fruit Bats...but "alas poor Yorick I knew them well" (Forecastle 2012, me, some fellow roll callers, bout 30 ppl total plus MMJ(entire band, side stage) watched them kill it! Such a good band!!!
E.D.J.(Eric D. Johnson)=Fruit bats, would be pretty sweet too :thumbsup:

P.P.P.S. tweedy was full of himself LONG before Dylan...

But we all know the lineup and it's all about MMJ!!!, The rest is just gravy!

Again Just one guys opinion...
Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do, sometimes won't know how to take him