'the Jacket' marketing themselves graciously?

Started by fortbethel, Mar 12, 2014, 07:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fully

When I post videos via tapatalk all I have to do is copy and paste the link.

http://youtu.be/tMCfVk9QcHs

Santo

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 15, 2014, 10:56 PM
Quote from: fortbethel on Mar 15, 2014, 08:16 PM
Yes yes, now imagine how much grander the music would be if Jim wouldn't have to personally email every fan about his/her order . it must be so time consuming
What are you talking about?

It might have something to do with OBH merchandise.  Orders were placed middle of February, printed to order, and were scheduled to ship March 7. I emailed the seller, Topspin Media. and received an email that was nearly word-for-word the same as forthbethel's. He was luckier though, mine was from Eric not Jim.

BTW, just got an update this morning. It shipped.

parkervb

Quote from: Fully on Mar 15, 2014, 07:23 PM
They were once a smaller band. They are big time now. There are lots of fans who think EU and Circuital are their best work as I learned lurking around OBH threads and groups.

is that thought NOT a valid one? or, do we all have to agree that ISM or Z is their best work?
Don't you ever turn it off

Gina

So I am confused about all of this.

Are we saying it would have been better if these emails were signed by a company or a fake name unknown service representative?

I admit that the generic form letter lacks the warmth of a true one to one correspondence relationship, but I wouldn't be offended by it knowing that there is no way in hell any of them would have time to actually sit and write these.

Maybe they thought that it would make it seem more personal?  I dunno.

Santo

Quote from: Gina on Mar 16, 2014, 01:08 PM
So I am confused about all of this.

Are we saying it would have been better if these emails were signed by a company or a fake name unknown service representative?

I admit that the generic form letter lacks the warms of a true one to one correspondence relationship, but I wouldn't be offended by it knowing that there is no way in hell any of them would have time to actually sit and write these.

Maybe they thought that it would make it seem more personal?  I dunno.

I can't speak for anyone else, but in this case I was happy to get an update (and happier now that the stuff is shipping). The shirts were printed to order and I can understand that there were delays in the printing. I was just pointing out the possible context of the email.

I do understand the general frustration with companies that are servicing their orders these days. We've had to contact ground(ctrl) customer service for our last two roll call memberships. This year we didn't get the download codes, last year we didn't get anything. I never had any issues with Bandmerch. They were slow shipping but upfront with everything.

Tracy 2112

Quote from: johnnYYac on Mar 15, 2014, 10:54 PM
Quote from: Mr. White on Mar 15, 2014, 09:03 PM
Quote from: Fully on Mar 15, 2014, 08:39 PM
You had me at Gay Super Robots. Also you did post the video, Tracy.

Yeah, YouTube must have changed the way they list their video URL's or whatever is on the top address line. I just figured this out last night when I noticed my videos weren't showing up in a "box" you could just click on and watch from the page you posted it on at/on the Forum. Now, I think you have to go just below the video and click on the "share" button and right click the blue highlighted adddress of the video you are trying to post. If I am right, the Pixies video should show up here...

http://youtu.be/v3r-xMt9JmM

...and yes, I was right.
Killer song and wonderful album cover!
The other issue with posting YouTube vids is, if the URL begins https instead of http, take the s out (as I did with The Pixies vid Tracy posted above).  I hope you don't mind me tinkering, Tracy.

ty
Be the cliché you want to see in the world.

Fully

Quote from: parkervb on Mar 16, 2014, 01:05 PM
They were once a smaller band. They are big time now. There are lots of fans who think EU and Circuital are their best work as I learned lurking around OBH threads and groups.

is that thought NOT a valid one? or, do we all have to agree that ISM or Z is their best work?

No. I just didn't realize that there were so many fans who thought that.  It was rather eye opening. Like what you like.

ms. yvon

"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

Stevie

Quote from: Fully on Mar 16, 2014, 03:15 PM

Quote from: parkervb on Mar 16, 2014, 01:05 PM

I think that was a trick question.  Everyone knows that the tennessee fire and at dawn are their best albums.  ;)

No. I just didn't realize that there were so many fans who thought that.  It was rather eye opening. Like what you like.

fortbethel

It shipped two weeks ago. Where's my shit?

The malady lingers on and on but you can not defeat the funk.

Fully

Have you contacted ground control? That might be more productive.

Bigsky

Quote from: fortbethel on Mar 15, 2014, 06:10 PM
Jim HIMSELF admits to marketing probs. he sent me an email himself when I asked where me order was. Read on my visa toting peeps

Thanks for your email- I'm sorry we've not been able to ship your My Morning Jacket order yet.

Unfortunately, we are still awaiting delivery of these items at our warehouse. As soon as we receive the items, we'll get your order shipped out to you as soon as possible.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience, and thank you for your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Jim

Jim might of wrote this email, but if you actually think he personal sent it to you, your most likely wrong. This was an "email blast" done with an email marketing tool. I hope you don't think Jim actual press the send button...it was a software that actually sent you the email.

...but I'm assuming you must have known this, because it's common knowledge. Only someone who was a tad ignorant would think that Jim personally sent them an email.

I realize your just upset that you haven't received your order yet, poor guy, but if they were a cash cow than MMJ could afford a better shipping department.

The main reason I'm pissed at your subject is that this has nothing to do with shows...this lame thread belongs in the Band area of this forum. Sometimes depression clouds our judgement, so I'm willing to let this slide.

Please let us know when you get your order, because I know it's very important to you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

millerjustin

Quote from: Bigsky on Mar 29, 2014, 06:54 AM
Quote from: fortbethel on Mar 15, 2014, 06:10 PM
Jim HIMSELF admits to marketing probs. he sent me an email himself when I asked where me order was. Read on my visa toting peeps

Thanks for your email- I'm sorry we've not been able to ship your My Morning Jacket order yet.

Unfortunately, we are still awaiting delivery of these items at our warehouse. As soon as we receive the items, we'll get your order shipped out to you as soon as possible.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience, and thank you for your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Jim

Jim might of wrote this email, but if you actually think he personal sent it to you, your most likely wrong. This was an "email blast" done with an email marketing tool. I hope you don't think Jim actual press the send button...it was a software that actually sent you the email.

...but I'm assuming you must have known this, because it's common knowledge. Only someone who was a tad ignorant would think that Jim personally sent them an email.

I realize your just upset that you haven't received your order yet, poor guy, but if they were a cash cow than MMJ could afford a better shipping department.

The main reason I'm pissed at your subject is that this has nothing to do with shows...this lame thread belongs in the Band area of this forum. Sometimes depression clouds our judgement, so I'm willing to let this slide.

Please let us know when you get your order, because I know it's very important to you.

The ability to politely condescend is really a lost art.  I bid you good day, sir
What's in here won't disappear

fortbethel

It's HERE. Even with Jim's very personal apologies this 'Pony Press' vortex hasn't been made right. Proper mgnt is in serious order.

Fully

Fort bethel- have you ever read all 20,000 ground control sucks posts that we've all made over the past two years?

Bigsky

I just wanted to thank admin. for moving this lame thread to the correct area of this glorious forum. We now can sleep soundly...

mynameiscurt

What the hell is this post about?  I clicked on it as I do marketing for a living but this is a weird one.  Why do people expect personal relationships with the bands they like - that is not a feasible thing.  Let's just enjoy the shows and albums and talk about that.