Main Menu

Jack White

Started by oistheone, Apr 01, 2014, 11:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oistheone

Of COURSE he announces a new album on April's Fools Day.

Gag or not, I'm actually really digging this track.

QuoteJack White presents his new album Lazaretto, to be released June 10th on Third Man Records/Columbia. Lazaretto inhabits an exciting place in White's expansive discography as the follow-up to 2012's gold-certified international #1 Blunderbuss, and will be preceded by first single and title track "Lazaretto," to be released later this month. While we await the debut of that first official single, listeners can experience a first taste of new music from the album and watch the video for new instrumental track "High Ball Stepper."

The aforementioned Blunderbuss was the first U.S. #1 album of Jack's storied career, also debuting at #1 in the UK, Canada, and, naturally, Switzerland. Blunderbuss was supported by an ambitious world tour featuring two backing bands, the all-male Buzzards and all-female Peacocks, notched up five GRAMMY nominations including Album of the Year, and dominated Best of 2012 lists, including being named MOJO's #1 album of 2012.

In celebration of the new album and their 20th Vault package, Third Man has unveiled their most unique Vault package yet.

The LP for Third Man Records' Vault Package #20 will be the ONLY limited version of Lazaretto to be released. Pressed on split-color blue-and-white vinyl and coupled with exclusive album art, this alternate presentation of the album is both insightful and deserving. Also exclusive to the Vault is a fold-out poster accompanying the album, featuring a classic National Archives photo that serves as a recurrent image throughout the album art.

Unlike the lightning bolt and inverted lightning bolt pressings Third Man did for Jack White's Blunderbuss, this alternate art and colored vinyl will be the only time ANY variation on Lazaretto will be made. Once subscriptions are closed and records are pressed... that's it. Don't sleep. Get in now or regret it later.

The 7-inch includes two early demos of songs that appear on Lazaretto in their completed form. Both "Alone in My Home" and "Entitlement" are solo recordings by Jack White, done while he was in Mexico. Pressed on lustrous blue vinyl and housed in the standard felt-weave, die-cut Third Man Vault 7-inch sleeve, both tracks offer a unique glimpse into the creative process and evolution of a song from it's original germination to its final delivery.

The bonus item is a lavish 40-page hard bound companion piece book full of lyrics, exclusive musical notations, photos and art from Lazaretto. This is the perfect accompaniment to the listening experience and insight into both the album creation method and some of the inspiration (visual and otherwise) behind it.

In addition to these items, Vault package #20 will also include a linen, letter-pressed postcard with the same eye-popping color separations as evidenced in classic chromatic postcards popular in the first half of the 20th century. Stamps not included.

Here is the "first taste":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRbnAxrS3EM#t=89

EverythingChanges

Awesome! I wonder how much that special pressing will cost.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

oistheone

Vault memberships are $65 per quarter. So you sign up now for $65 and get this package, plus special online content and presale opportunities as well.

parkervb

the hardest working man in music. Long live JW3!
Don't you ever turn it off

e_wind

I was just coming to start a JW3 thread, but for a completely different reason.

What is an expected Festival setlist for Jack White? I only know several songs by each of his respective projects, but would like to be prepared going into forecastle
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

parkervb

Quote from: e_wind on Apr 01, 2014, 02:11 PM
I was just coming to start a JW3 thread, but for a completely different reason.

What is an expected Festival setlist for Jack White? I only know several songs by each of his respective projects, but would like to be prepared going into forecastle

This was the set when I saw him in Charlottesville:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/jack-white/2012/ntelos-wireless-pavilion-charlottesville-va-5bdddb44.html

Steady As She Goes was unbelievable, Two Against One was a highlight for me.  I am pretty sure Jason has some shows on The Steam Engine for download. 
Don't you ever turn it off

e_wind

Damn I haven't heard from or seen Jason since Wilco 2012 in Chicago! Hope he's doing well
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

EverythingChanges

I hope jack plays a dead weather and raconteur song. He did last tour, so I'm sure he probably will this time.

EverythingChanges

Carolina Drama would make me extremely happy.

capt. scotty

High Ball Stepper is fucking fantastic
The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care. - Peter Gibbons

oistheone

Quote from: capt. scotty on Apr 01, 2014, 04:53 PM

Agreed! Sounds like he's been making full use of those fuzz pedals Third Man was selling last year. It's fuzztastic!

Trying to predict what he'll play is a losin' game. Maybe he'll play more solo shit, now that he's got two albums and scattered singles to choose from? Maybe he'll drop a lot of Blunderbuss material from the set and keep in a lot of hits? Who knows. Hell, I wonder what band he'll have on the road? That's apparently Ruby Amanfu wailing on "High Ball Stepper", so I hope she's still in at least one of the touring bands!

johnnYYac

Quote from: capt. scotty on Apr 01, 2014, 04:53 PM
What he said!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

dmooney99

Jaimoe

I absolutely love that new Jack song! A little Delta blues with fuzzy heavy blues and rock, plus, some experimental thrown in for good measure. Take note Black Keys!

jimsflyingv

Jack White 1 Dan Auerbach 0 - was hugely disappointed in the new Black Keys song. Just heard it again on the radion while shaving. But this one here I love. Good job Jack, hope to see and hear you in Berlin soon :D 

Fully

Yes! I definitely love this song! This makes me more excited to see Jack at Foreskin! I loved his solo show last time around.

Ewind his entire catalog is possible, although since he's promoting this album, I'm sure we'll get a healthy dose of it. After listening to this new song, I'm completely ok with that.

oistheone

Anyone considering hitting up some of those shows that were announced the other day?

I'm fucking crazy and just bought tickets to three shows in four days at the end of July. That'll be interesting.

robb

Quote from: oistheone on Apr 09, 2014, 11:19 AM
Anyone considering hitting up some of those shows that were announced the other day?

I'm fucking crazy and just bought tickets to three shows in four days at the end of July. That'll be interesting.

I'm in for both Detroit shows, I'm assuming you are as well?  If so what seats did you pull for the Fox?
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.

oistheone

Nice! I'm in for both Detroit shows too. Managed to get a pair in orchestra pit row four, one removed from the center aisle. What about you??

robb

Quote from: oistheone on Apr 09, 2014, 04:07 PM
Nice! I'm in for both Detroit shows too. Managed to get a pair in orchestra pit row four, one removed from the center aisle. What about you??

Pit Section 3, Row 4 seat 314
some get stoned, some get strange, sooner or later it all gets real.