Fri Dallas recording yet? (* details about mine)

Started by George_Savage, Nov 19, 2006, 10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George_Savage

I have just perused the list and I haven't seen anyone announce that a Friday Dallas recording has been offered up yet.   I am thinking that surely there will be one if a taper had Thursday's gig up by Friday night that this Friday show will be up at the same place.   I think someone said it's in 'the gallery'?  
         I am uninformed, ill-equipped, and completely non-
existent when it comes to burning/downloading shows.   I tape 'em and send them along to the whiz kids and they upload 'em (or whatever else you do!)
          Speaking of The Bear, it's unfortunate that it wasn't heard in Dallas on either night (since it's my favorite MMJ song, and on a side note it *will* be played at my funeral!)
And that funeral could be sooner than later at this rate!  Reminds me of that song "I ain't livin' long like this", covered by Jerry Jeff Walker and Emmylou Harris and a bunch o' others.
            Anyway, my recording kinda sucks.   The worst thing about it is that a cord came loose while the MD/battery mike
combo was "in my pants" (think George Miller from the old stand-up Letterman days...RIP, George!).   So basically all of What a Wonderful Man and about half of Honest Man are barely listenable.   It comes outta one channel and there is a loud buzzing type exortion during those songs.
           When I realized that the knot comes loose, I fixed it, but that type of show isn't the best one for my mikes, either.
It sounds pretty good during stuff like They Ran/Golden/Sweetheart, etc. but not-so-good during stuff like Run Thru/Magheetah/OBH, etc.  And of course I missed the entire beginning build-up of OBH, too, while I was changing (the curse of the) mini-discs.   So...if you know of a recording, holler!!  
             Lastly, I am looking to trade with someone for the Ryman show and the Thursday and Friday shows in Dallas if the Friday show becomes available (and surely it will) - if not, I will gladly offer up this sub-par recording as it's better than nothing.   Long live My Morning Crack Hit, badasses of rock and roll!

Low Dog
"peace to all you beautiful creatures"

logan5ive

A little patience.... I taped the show with my brother's gear. He taped Thursday night's show, but only part of it came out. Don't know exactly when they'll get transfered and torrented, but they will.
MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]