Tedeschi Trucks Band

Started by ffghtrs, Jul 18, 2014, 04:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffghtrs

Killed it Tonight Near Seattle.  I have been doing this thing where i capitalize everything i type like it is a title or something.  Weird. But any who i loved The show that Susan and Derek put on with a very talented band.  I was waiting for traffic to move on out, after the show,  while listening to Z it was nice little session of talking good music with good random people.   What a night.
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

LBSUNFLWR

I love that song Midnight In Harlem. Especially that extended live version on Everybody's Talkin'...one of my favorite songs of the last few years. Did they play that?

ajclements004

Their most recent album "Made Up Mind" is just incredible.

ffghtrs

Yeah he did a cool version of the intro but not as long as on Everybody's Talkin'.  That song still gives me chills.  Whenever it plays i light up and tell some random story or i just listen intently.  My friends who introduced me to it loves it.   any who Made up Mind is a sick album and the songs they played off of it were blowing my mind.  good times. 
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

GO4IT

Anybody going to the shows at the Warner Theater in DC in Feb?
I was late on the trigger to get tix when they first went on sale so I decided to wait and see what happened.  What happened was somewhat surreal.  Last Thurs I get a typical e-mail from Ticketmaster trolling for me to buy tix for shows that are coming up in my area.  I'm reading the e-mail as I'm opening my eyes at 5:30 in the morning, I see the T-T show and click on it and the seat map shows a bunch of tickets at the back of the balcony for the Fri night show AND 3 TIX FRONT ROW CENTER.  I thought I was dreaming so I run downstairs to make sure it's legit and end up getting 2 tix FRONT ROW CENTER.  They must have just released them.
When I tell MS GO4IT, she informs me that she'll be at an out of town conference then.  Bummer.  But she's given me the go ahead to find another date :rolleyes:
No promises, but let me know if you're interested.

LOLoye7

any who Made up Mind is a sick album and the songs they played off of it were blowing my mind.  good times.

We provide guarantee to pass   ccnp service provider - pass-4sure   gmat with online exam training itil and  you can also get best quality    University of Hawaii mcat along with   Principia College   mcat for your guaranteed success.

he.who.forgets

amazing group of musicians up on that stage when they play.  Derek & Susan live about 2 or 3 miles from me, good humble people.  Had the chance to catch them a year or two back when they toured with the Black Crowes.  Talk about an encore...all 11 members of TTB on stage with the Crowes was unreal.

ffghtrs

That sounds like fun.  Black Crowes/TTB.  Kinda like MMJ/Trombone Shorty and BOH!  just amazing!

ffghtrs

Even though that reference to Red Rocks 2012 isn't quite correct i will just leave it like this...I WISH I WAS GOING TO OBH 2

GO4IT

Anyone going tomorrow (Fri) to the Warner Theater show?

GO4IT

I have a couple of videos from last night that I just uploaded to my channel. These were taken sitting in my seat :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO50f88t7Rg7C3_Qj3iwHfg

Mr. White

Quote from: GO4IT on Feb 21, 2015, 11:17 PM
I have a couple of videos from last night that I just uploaded to my channel. These were taken sitting in my seat :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO50f88t7Rg7C3_Qj3iwHfg

Those were some extra special seats!

Thanks for posting!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

oistheone

Really looking forward to this tour with Sharon Jones! Hope they hit somewhere within driving distance, no way I can miss this funkathon!

LBSUNFLWR

Good read if you're into the TTB!

http://www.flamingomag.com/2016/08/25/tedeschi-trucks/

Power House: At Home with the Tedeschi Trucks Band

Susan Tedeschi and Derek Trucks, the married duo have rocked their way from the House of Blues to the White House with a sound even they can't quite define. Flamingo recently caught up with the couple at home in Florida

Shug

Nice article, thanks for posting!  I especially dug their restaurant recommendations in Jacksonville.  That city does have a nice vibe in parts of it, other parts, not so much, though.  Sounds like its on the upswing and I can imagine that.

We are going to see them this Friday and I'm pumped!  How hot was that Lockn version of Blind Faith's Had To Cry Today and then Miles Davis' Bitches Brew?!?  Holy Hell, that smoked!  And it was preceeded by Keep On Growing, so great!
"Some like their water shallow, I like mine deep"

Shug

We saw Phoenix and the first LA show. TTB are getting better and better!  In AZ the first three songs each had a smokin' Derek solo, they just blazed.  In LA it was Susan's night to shine and she brought the house down with an incredibly soulful version of   Bird On A Wire. It was like hearing Aretha or Ray Charles,  just astounding. I will not miss them again anywhere anytime.

LBSUNFLWR

Agreed, after seeing them this summer for the 1st time I said the same thing.
Besides MMJ they are the best band touring these days! I'll be seeing them here in November.

Shug

I think they have gotten so much better in the past year or so.  These shows, to me, felt like the flow from song to song was better, like a well-constructed musical and emotional journey rather than just a collection of sequenced songs.  I think it helps that they have more songs to choose from, both originals and covers that they have mastered.  There also seems to be a bit more ensemble jamming than the traditional soloing they have done in the past in which one guys steps into the spotlight while the rest of the band lays back.  I vastly prefer an ensemble jam, with everyone building a crescendo together, more like the Allmans and Dead did.

Derek is still the greatest living blues rock guitarist, IMO, and Susan is getting even more accomplished in her vocals and the band seems more relaxed.  I also think new bassist Tim LeFebvre is a secret weapon.  He's more melodic and song-oriented in his playing, not as busy as Oteil Burbridge could be, but Tim still plays his ass off and can play jazz chops like anybody good in that style.  He's very versatile and it lays a foundation, grounds the whole thing in a even more soulful, masterful way.

They are definitely peaking, see them as much as you can while they are on fire.  Let's hope it lasts a long long time, because this band is in a rare classs, like you say, LBSUNFLWR, with Jacket and Wilco and maybe JJ Grey and Mofro, for a hard working touring rock band.

LBSUNFLWR

Their new album will definitely be in my Top 5 for the year. Anybody else been listening to it?

parkervb

i don't know how I overlooked this thread when looking to post that Derek is on Maron's WTF pod today
Don't you ever turn it off