College Football 2014

Started by davymac, Aug 31, 2014, 07:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davymac

Well football is back again and that was a pretty eventful opening weekend.  FSU and Alabama didn't really impress me.  My boy Todd Gurley and the Bulldawgs looked pretty good! What are everyone's playoff predictions?

iLikeBeer

Your Dawgs certainly did look impressive.  Todd Gurley should be the front-runner for the Heisman after week one.  I think he's going to have a HUGE year and UGA looked like the most impressive team from the SEC although aTm put on a curb stomping of the 'Ol Ballcoach which was fun to see as well as I never tire of seeing a Spurrier coached team get their asses handed to them...  :cool:

My Wolverines looked good but it was App St so I'm not going to put too much into that win.  We will find out more about Michigan next week in South Bend, but I will say, I like what I'm seeing from our new OC and former Alabama OC Doug Nussmeier...

As for my playoff predictions, I'm going to hold out for a few weeks to make any predictions after seeing some early favorites, including FSU, look less than impressive after week 1...  :beer:

manonthemoon

Good weekend here in the household as our Alma Mater finally showed some life on offense and got a big road win in Columbus.  Here's hoping the trend continues and they can actually finish with a top 50 offense for the first time in a long time.  Still they're just as likely to lose next weekend to ECU given their track record.
Alive or Just Breathing

davymac

What do you guys think about the playoff match ups?  Both should be great games.  I'd like to see FSU's win streak end, but I bet they find a way to win.  I also think Bama will beat OSU.