johnnYYac surgery update

Started by johnnYYac, Sep 15, 2014, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

Thanks for all the good vibes and well wishes. Still in the hospital, still nothing to eat or drink since last Wednesday night, except water sips for pills. Surgery seems to have gone fine. Just need to pass gas to show signs of bowel activity. Hard to do without food.
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

MMJ_fanatic

Quote from: johnnYYac on Aug 25, 2016, 01:07 PM
Surgery Saga: The Final Chapter
Operation 5: Ileostomy Takedown

I'm going to have surgery tomorrow to reattach my small and large intestines. They've been apart since November 8, 2014.

They used to work well together, but as we saw in chapter 2 of Surgery Saga (Operation 2: Colon Resection), a part of my large intestine had to be removed due to insufficient oxygen supply during my time on ECMO life support (the cliffhanger ending to the inaugural chapter of Surgery Saga, Operation 1: Bentall Nightmare).

I've learned to adjust to having an ostomy through the remaining chapters of this saga (Operation 3: Coronary Bypass and Operation 4: ICD Placement). Now, it is time to return to the joy of pooping once again (sorry for the TMI).

As always, I appreciate the support and positive vibes that family and friends have provided to me, Michele, and the girls during this "Surgery Saga". I hope to be home by Monday. I'll keep you posted.

Jesus John you've had a majorly f'ed up last couple years!  Sending prayers and positive vibes for your intestines (and the whole rest of you)!  Stay positive and keep that MMJ spinning--sure to speed your recovery  :thumbsup:
Sittin' here with me and mine.  All wrapped up in a bottle of wine.

johnnYYac

That Lockn Festival webcast on Saturday was just what the doctor ordered. A hell of a set!

johnnYYac

Still in the hospital, approaching one week. Fingers crossed for discharge tomorrow.

ericm

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 01, 2016, 05:43 PM
Still in the hospital, approaching one week. Fingers crossed for discharge tomorrow.

No pun intended?  :wink:

Seriously though, good to hear John. I'll be crossing my fingers as well for you to get released tomorrow.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

MarkW

Heal fast, Yac.  The sooner you do, the sooner you can sluice some beer through those rejoined intestinal bits and pieces.
The trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin, I keep sliding off to the side

iLikeBeer

Hope you got released John.  Glad to hear you made it through this round ok!  I second what Mark said!!!   :beer:

oistheone

Sending you all the best wishes for a quick recovery! May the power of the Jacket give you strength to go forward!

APR

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 01, 2016, 05:43 PM

I hope you're out and recovering at home by now. 

Angelo

johnnYYac

I'm home!  Staples came out  today.  My large intestine remembered how to work after a two-year vacation, though it was an ugly awakening...  :tongue: I came home from the hospital on Sept. 2.  Thanks for all the support.

In less than two years, I have been hospitalized 10 times for a total of 78 days.  I've had 5 major surgeries (aortic aneurysm repair w/mechanical aortic valve, colon resection w/ileostomy, coronary bypass, ICD placement, and ostomy takedown) and spent over 50 hours in the OR.  I was on life support for 2 weeks, with my chest open for 10 days. I've had nearly 250 units of blood transfused. 

Among the livin'
Among the livin' again
I didn't think I'd make it...

Actually, I did think I'd make it, because I was carried through these storms by the love and support of family, friends... and Forum!

Thanks again!   :thumbsup:

LBSUNFLWR

:) damn that's a lot to go through!!
So glad you are ok.

CHIMMJFAN

Very happy to hear you are back home and resting comfortably! You were in my thoughts and prayers sir! Just in time for the fall season and next year hopefully back to a full MMJ lineup of shows and new music!

CHIMMJFAN (Shaun)
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

searchinbig

Iron Man lives again!! Way to go John! Glad to hear your recovery is going well.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

APR

What a rough two years.  Your positive mental outlook had to have worked in your favor in getting thru all of your surgeries and recoveries (in addition to family, friends..... and Forum).  We're all glad you've sprung among the healthy again.  See you next tour!

Crispy

Woohoo, Johnny! So glad you're still with us and pooping through the right chutes again. Looking forward to rocking out with you again! :beer:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

johnnYYac

Quote from: Crispy on Sep 08, 2016, 02:59 PM
Woohoo, Johnny! So glad you're still with us and pooping through the right chutes again. Looking forward to rocking out with you again! :beer:
I can't describe the feeling of a good fart after almost two years...

Maybe I'll see some of you at the Carl show in Chicago just before Thanksgiving!

CHIMMJFAN

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 08, 2016, 04:57 PM

Maybe I'll see some of you at the Carl show in Chicago just before Thanksgiving!

We'll see you there, looking forward to Carl's show!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

johnnYYac

Quote from: CHIMMJFAN on Sep 08, 2016, 07:59 PM
Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 08, 2016, 04:57 PM

We'll see you there, looking forward to Carl's show!

CHIMMJFAN
Table 15 in da house!

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off