johnnYYac surgery update

Started by johnnYYac, Sep 15, 2014, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EverythingChanges

Hang in there Yac, you'll pull through.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

ericm

Stay strong John.   :thumbsup: Sending our thoughts, and prayers to you,and your family.

Here's hoping you're feeling better my friend, and get well soon!  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

johnnYYac

A tough second night out of ICU. Started having trouble breathing, progressively worse towards midnight. Seems my lungs were filling with fluid. I couldn't catch my breath and my breathing rate was exhausting me. They moved me back to ICU. My saving grace was an oxygen mask delivering oxygen under pressure. So, the didn't have to intubate me. Doing much better now, only using a cannula, and waiting for lunch (soup and grilled cheese with pudding and Gatorade- nectar of the gods!). Hope to be out of ICU (again) by tomorrow. Love to you all!!!
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

walterfredo

hang in there YY!

This should be posted in this thread too...

http://www.gofundme.com/gwzdfk

ericm

I'll echo Walter, and just say hang tough, and feel better John.  :thumbsup: 

More vibes, and prayers coming your way.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

tippitoes22

Best wishes and a speedier recovery, Mr. Yac. Hope to see you inundating us with more factoids about the best damn band from its biggest fan. Sending positive thoughts  back to Iowa city :)  :thumbsup:
Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do, sometimes won't know how to take him

joey_rogo

Johnny, it's great to see you here posting again. Thinking about you buddy. You got this.

johnnYYac

Thanks, everyone. Just left cardiac ICU for the second time. Had to go back due to pulmonary edema (lungs filled with fluid, couldn't breathe). Hoping to leave hospital by week's end, then 1-2 weeks inpatient rehab in Cedar Rapids, then...HOME!!!

Also getting optimistic feedback from docs and therapists that I can still make OBH! Won't be drinking (maybe a little) and might miss a few songs tending to a my ostemy bag (ugh), but Michele and I deserve this vacation and hanging with my MMJ brothers and sisters will provide another source of healing.

headhunter

Quote from: johnnYYac on Nov 18, 2014, 04:46 PM
Thanks, everyone. Just left cardiac ICU for the second time. Had to go back due to pulmonary edema (lungs filled with fluid, couldn't breathe). Hoping to leave hospital by week's end, then 1-2 weeks inpatient rehab in Cedar Rapids, then...HOME!!!

Also getting optimistic feedback from docs and therapists that I can still make OBH! Won't be drinking (maybe a little) and might miss a few songs tending to a my ostemy bag (ugh), but Michele and I deserve this vacation and hanging with my MMJ brothers and sisters will provide another source of healing.

from your lips to the ears of the one upstairs.   as long as you are healthy.  JY at OBH would be icing on the cake.

was some shakin' and some record playin'

Mr. White

We're all so glad to be getting some posts from you John. Keep strong, and don't forget you are loved!

Also, don't forget to turn some nurses and doctors on to MMJ. I'm sure you have had somebody smuggle in some sort of music player for you.

Your Friend,
John
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

APR

It's really nice and quite a relief to read that good news.  Hopefully no more complications and you'll be home in about two weeks and then Mexico in about two months.  You deserve the vacation.  It will be amazing regardless if everyone there buys you drinks or you're not drinking at all.

walterfredo

Quote from: APR on Nov 19, 2014, 10:25 AM
It will be amazing regardless if everyone there buys you drinks or you're not drinking at all.

I will personally buy every drink for YY during OBH.

Crispy

Quote from: walterfredo on Nov 19, 2014, 11:23 AM
It will be amazing regardless if everyone there buys you drinks or you're not drinking at all.

Hey, I'm buying the drinks!  :thumbsup:
"...it's gonna be great -- I mean me coming back with the band and playing all those hits again"

APR

Quote from: Crispy on Nov 19, 2014, 12:39 PM

I'll tell you what.... I'll buy the drinks for all three of you.  If/when MMJ does another three night run in Port Chester or Red Rocks, you can take care of those beverages.  I'm feeling generous so I might take care of meals at OBH too.

rincon2

Quote from: APR on Nov 19, 2014, 04:02 PM
Quote from: Crispy on Nov 19, 2014, 12:39 PM

I'll tell you what.... I'll buy the drinks for all three of you.  If/when MMJ does another three night run in Port Chester or Red Rocks, you can take care of those beverages.  I'm feeling generous so I might take care of meals at OBH too.
I already paid for everyones drinks, and I'm not even going. You will be responsible for tips, though.
Seriously, I'm thrilled John is progressing. He did some real cool stuff for me a few years back, and I really wanted to meet him in Mexico. Fundage issues prevented that.

johnnYYac

Thanks, guys. Warms my heart to have you fight over who will buy me free drinks.

Endoscopy this morning, in search of bleeding that set me back yesterday. Hoping they find and fix the source so I can get back on track with my recovery.

My latest look. The blue "headband" holds a dressing on a large pressure wound on the back of my head.

searchinbig

Looking good John! Great to see you posting. Hang in.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

CC

go john!

good to see you're on a path to recovery.

subinai

johnnYYac

Might leave the hospital today for a 1-2 week stay at an inpatient rehab center, then...HOME!!!