johnnYYac surgery update

Started by johnnYYac, Sep 15, 2014, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericm

Quote from: johnnYYac on Nov 21, 2014, 07:10 AM
Might leave the hospital today for a 1-2 week stay at an inpatient rehab center, then...HOME!!!

Great news John!!   :thumbsup: 

So glad to see you posting, and hearing you're getting better. Keep it up, and pulling for you to be home soon.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

GO4IT

My first time on in a long while and my first priority is to check on JYac.  To my amazement John is logged on and with hopeful new posts!  You look very determined, John, like you're definitely going to be on the rail next year with the rest of us when MMJ finally hits the road.  Can't wait.  Get better soon!

Mr. White

Glad to hear you'll be on the move real soon! One step closer to home!
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Jenfarr

Wow, I hadn't seen this...thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery! 

johnnYYac

Left UI hospital today, after 6 weeks, 2 surgeries, 200+ units of blood, and your positive vibes to sustain me. Some of the ICU nurses called me "miracle man". The truth is that the miracle was the skilled care of my nurses and most of my doctors.

I am now at St. Luke's inpatient rehab facility in Cedar Rapids for 1-2 weeks. My broad goal is to get stronger and more able to take care of myself. My other goal is to prove to my wife and doctors that I am good to go for OBH. I'm kinda thinking I desesrve it, now more than ever...

Thanks again for your support during a scary and stressful ordeal. Part of what makes MMJ the best band is that they attract fans who are good, caring people. Love to you all!

John
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

rincon2

John, if you don't go to OBH2, just who am I going to live it vicariously through? (Actually probably no one, as WhyTF would anyone be posting crap on the internet when reality is in your face?)

iLikeBeer

Hey John, glad to hear you are finally out of the hospital and are now on the road to getting back home!  Positive vibes still heading your way for you to get well enough to take a much deserved vaca in Mexico.  :beer:

johnnYYac

I will go home on Wednesday, Dec. 3rd! It will have been exactly 50 days from when I left home for surgery on Oct. 14.

On this Thanksgiving eve, I reflect on those for whom I am most grateful. For my wife, Michele, my three girls, my Mom, stepdad Ken, brother Bill, mother-in-law Marian and father-in-law Rich for supporting each other on the home front. For the nurses, doctors, therapists, and other staff at UI Hospital and St. Luke's Hospital rehab facility for their compassionate care. For the 200+ people who donated the blood that saved me over and over again. For my sister Deb and her family. For all of my family and friends, whose positive thoughts and words of encouragement gave me hope when I needed it most.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

John

ericm

Great news John!!  :cool: so happy you're doing well, and will be going home in a week.  :thumbsup:

I hope you, Michelle, the girls, and the rest of your family have a great Thanksgiving.

Here's to seeing you sometime in 15.  :beer: The 1st one is on me. Hell, the 2nd and 3rd ones too!   :grin:
"Where's Jim going?"

CHIMMJFAN

I'm so glad to see you posting and to hear the positive news! The positive vibes im the MMJ community definitely shined upon your care in the hospital. I've been think about you and am so happy to hear there is positive progress. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

APR

Almost 50 days and almost home.  I really hope you steadily improve, feel good, and make it to OBH.  Everyone will be so happy when you make it there.

Jackets N Pones

YYac attack - I am happy to hear you are doing well. Best of luck with the recovery! You are the man.

JNP
Here it is, in its entirety, our cover of ELO's Telephone Wire

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

YimYodd

:thumbsup:Good news, Yac!!!
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

ericm

Looking forward to hearing you're home today John.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I hope everything is going well, and today is the day.  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

GO4IT

Quote from: ericm on Dec 03, 2014, 08:26 AM
Looking forward to hearing you're home today John.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I hope everything is going well, and today is the day.  :beer:

"The day is coming
The way is clear
The day has come"

oistheone

Just seein' all this now -- great to hear you're back at home and on the road to recovery. All the best through the holiday season and heading into 2015!!

gardenparty

Great news! Thank you for the updates

johnnYYac

I've been home for almost two weeks, but my Tapatalk app on my S4 is acting crazy and I just made it downstairs to my office tonight for the first time since Oct. 13, so sorry for the delayed reply.

I ended up back in the hospital on Thursday to Saturday, with suspected pneumonia (definitely fluid in my lungs, making it hard to breathe).  I'm home again and working hard to get strong.  Drove for the first time today, to the DMV to get 6-month handicap parking tags.  I hate to admit it, but I'm gonna need them for at least a few months.

Still holding out hope for OBH.  So far, I have the support of all of my doctors.  Be warned... I will not be drinking more than one or two alcoholic beverages per day, thanks to my warfarin (an anticoagulation medication to reduce stroke risk from my mechanical aortic valve).  I won't need the booze to have a good time!

One last thing to share.  I came home from the hospital to a mountain of mail and packages.  One came from Red Light Management.  I believe these images tell the rest of the story...