johnnYYac surgery update

Started by johnnYYac, Sep 15, 2014, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

headhunter

Hey gang-  some good and up-to-date news from John's wife Michele.

Please let everyone know for us that we got some super good news this morning.  John is off all the machines and breathing on his own, and his heart is beating on its own, too.  He is still retaining too much fluid for them to be able to close him up, but hopefully that will happen in the next few days. 
was some shakin' and some record playin'

APR

I'm very relieved that recent news is quite positive.  Hang in there YYac.  You'll be better in no time.

ericm

Same here Adam. Great to hear some good news.  :thumbsup:

Hang tough John,and continuing to send tons of good thoughts your way.

:: thanks for the update Jeff::   :cool:

"Where's Jim going?"

CHIMMJFAN

Great update on the news! Well wished are coming from out here in Chicago!

CHIMMJFAN
"He got tired of walkin' a tightrope"

Mr. White

Sending good thoughts from Kentucky your way, John.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

headhunter

Nice positive update from John's wife Michele last night:

Were very excited!  He is doing very well- he breathing unassisted some of the time, though still intubated.  His heart is doing well-in fact they never mention it as a concern anymore...it is all about the lungs.  So big happy news, but tomorrow will be the exciting day.  I can't thank you enough for all your support!

ericm

Quote from: headhunter on Oct 24, 2014, 09:32 AM

Were very excited!  He is doing very well- he breathing unassisted some of the time, though still intubated.  His heart is doing well-in fact they never mention it as a concern anymore...it is all about the lungs.  So big happy news, but tomorrow will be the exciting day.  I can't thank you enough for all your support!

:cool:   :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
"Where's Jim going?"

headhunter

Great news from Michele this morning!

the surgery was successful- John's chest is closed and he is doing well.  We haven't seen him yet, but the doctor had nothing but positive things to say.  Thanks to all for your concern and good wishes!  I can't wait until he can see your messages and FB posts!  Michele

pattilovesmmj

:thumbsup:
Here's to you John and I hope you keep getting better every day!

LB

GET BETTER JYAC.

Remember to do your breathing exercises! Wish you well
no you never gotta fight with me

searchinbig

Go Johnny Go! Great news. Prayers and good vibes to you and the family. Miss you around here.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

rincon2

I communicated very briefly with John earlier this month about his upcoming surgery with no real details. I'm kind of getting chills reading these updates, as it appears to be a very significant procedure. Strange having emotional thoughts about someone I have never met in person. I hope he is in 100% health for OBH. He should be honorary host. Seriously.

Santo

Quote from: headhunter on Oct 24, 2014, 09:32 AM

Great news! Here's to a speedy recovery!  :beer:

CountSA

Hoping for a speedy recovery!

ericm

Sending another round of vibes your way Yac. You've been in my thoughts, and prayers all along, and continue to be.   Hang tough, and get well soon!!  :beer:

Can't wait to hang with ya and rock some shows!!  :thumbsup:

"Where's Jim going?"

MMJ612

Hoping all is well with you John.  We miss your voice on the forum.  Get well soon  :beer:

SaraBananaBear

Yes, fingers and toes crossed that your back on track again soon JY! Can't wait to see you at OBH! :thumbsup:
Europe ♥ My Morning Jacket

APR

I hope the lack of news is because everything is healing up in an uneventful way.  Take it easy and feel better YYac.

nuggets

edit;

link removed (as per Yac's wishes)

seems john was just feeling a bit panicked and does not wish/need for anyone to contribute. just asks for continued good vibes.

he's continuing to recover and as with most recoveries, it has its ups and downs.

keep pushing forward Yac!
http://youtu.be/QfdRZiF72FE
Oh shit, run!

searchinbig

Oh man. Guess this is why we have not heard from you. Yac, really pulling for you and the family. More prayers to you. Get well.
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."