johnnYYac surgery update

Started by johnnYYac, Sep 15, 2014, 12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amskinz

So glad to hear your'e well on your way to being fully whiole again. Not to get too descriptive, but did they save anything along the way that we could use to make another one of you with? The world would be such a better place with another Yac!
"The best MMJ show I've been to was the last one, every time."

johnnYYac

Quote from: amskinz on Sep 09, 2016, 09:26 AM
So glad to hear your'e well on your way to being fully whiole again. Not to get too descriptive, but did they save anything along the way that we could use to make another one of you with? The world would be such a better place with another Yac!
What a very nice thing to say.  That hospital has a lot of me, I'm sure.  For all I know, I'm not the original...
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Soulshine

I Love you Johnny. I'm so glad you are on the up and up!! Cant wait to see you. Sooner rather than later my sweet friend!
xoxoxo  :kiss: :beer:
Because we're all in this together...

YimYodd

It's great to read that you are doing well!
Hopefully well enough to make it to STL on 11/29 :grin:.
Schlaflys on me :beer:!
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

johnnYYac

Quote from: Soulshine on Sep 22, 2016, 02:40 PM
I Love you Johnny. I'm so glad you are on the up and up!! Cant wait to see you. Sooner rather than later my sweet friend!
xoxoxo  :kiss: :beer:
Thanks, Jen.  Gotta get back to the Rockies, such a special place... you're sweet.

johnnYYac

Quote from: YimYodd on Sep 22, 2016, 07:09 PM
It's great to read that you are doing well!
Hopefully well enough to make it to STL on 11/29 :grin:.
Schlaflys on me :beer:!
Dude, I looked at St. Lou, Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, and Omaha.  Everything else is 4+ hours drive and/or is a date too close to Thanksgiving plans.  Omaha is 3.5 hours and falls on a doable date.  Already booked a hotel 3 minute walk from the venue.  I've been well enough to catch Blitzen Trapper here in Iowa City a few nights ago and a free PHJB/Trombone Shorty show last week.  Just sore and look like a shark attack victim....

GO4IT

I can't believe it's over a year since I've seen this thread.  I never saw those life support pix which are amazing and scary all at the same time.

You have navigated a tortuous journey, to say the least, these past two years and have weathered the storm.  I couldn't believe how good you looked at Red Rocks.  It was great to see.

And now, it seems like all of the major body parts are back in place and functioning which is wonderful.  You deserve some smooth sailing for a LONG time and a LOT of MMJ shows.  I'm sure the healing power of music didn't hurt :thumbsup:

johnnYYac

Quote from: GO4IT on Sep 24, 2016, 10:28 PM
I can't believe it's over a year since I've seen this thread.  I never saw those life support pix which are amazing and scary all at the same time.

You have navigated a tortuous journey, to say the least, these past two years and have weathered the storm.  I couldn't believe how good you looked at Red Rocks.  It was great to see.

And now, it seems like all of the major body parts are back in place and functioning which is wonderful.  You deserve some smooth sailing for a LONG time and a LOT of MMJ shows.  I'm sure the healing power of music didn't hurt :thumbsup:
Rob, thanks so much for the support you and Teri provided along the way these past two years.  I'm ashamed at how little time I spent with you at Red Rocks, as you are such great friends and we barely saw each other.  It was that way for so many in my MMJ family that weekend, but I wish we could cross paths more often and for longer periods of time.

I'll be posting again when I hit the 2-year anniversary, but your mention of the life support pictures reminded me of one I didn't post here yet.  My wife, Michele, knew what I needed while trying to ignore the light at the end of the tunnel... that would have been a bad idea!

Phone is playing The Bear from Acoustic Citsuoca

GO4IT

Quote from: johnnYYac on Sep 25, 2016, 06:20 PM
Quote from: GO4IT on Sep 24, 2016, 10:28 PM

Rob, thanks so much for the support you and Teri provided along the way these past two years.  I'm ashamed at how little time I spent with you at Red Rocks, as you are such great friends and we barely saw each other.  It was that way for so many in my MMJ family that weekend, but I wish we could cross paths more often and for longer periods of time.

I'll be posting again when I hit the 2-year anniversary, but your mention of the life support pictures reminded me of one I didn't post here yet.  My wife, Michele, knew what I needed while trying to ignore the light at the end of the tunnel... that would have been a bad idea!

Phone is playing The Bear from Acoustic Citsuoca

Talk about a powerful photo.  Whew.  And amongst all the tubes and wires and other gadgets is the single most important device, putting out the healing vibes.  You've been through a lot, John, and it has been wonderful seeing the band and our forum folks rallying for you all along the way.  I guess there's no doubt that all of this support and having milestones of that next MMJ show speeded your recovery.

Sorry to hear about your battles for disability.  That stuff can be draining and demoralizing when all you want is what you deserve.  Maybe you should send them some of these intensive care photos.

Hey, we wish we could have spent more time together at RR, as well, but there were so many people and so much craziness we're just glad we got to spend some time with you.  We'll make up for it at the next few shows.  You could always come out for Jim's show in DC on 11/19 :wink: