Main Menu

Forecastle 2016

Started by Emb1528, Dec 04, 2015, 01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

e_wind

That Dead & Co speculation seems to have no backbone what-so-ever. That would make me  want to go a lot more though, thats for sure
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

MikeR1390

Forecastle website posted this then promptly took it down...

"All aboard! The Forecastle lineup additions are here, including festival alum Dan Auerbach-fronted The Arcs, Americana genre benders Pokey LaFarge, beatmaster Baauer, indie favorites Unknown Mortal Orchestra, and more!
Of note, Teddy Abrams, Music Director for the Louisville Orchestra, joins the lineup and will curate a special Louisville-centric showcase with artist collaborations, orchestral arrangements and more. The youngest music director in the orchestra's 78-year history, Abrams has received international acclaim as both as a composer and director, and a champion for making symphonic music accessible to the masses.
Other additions include Hudson Mohawke, AlunaGeorge, Tourist, Heartless Bastards, Patrick Watson, Sarah Jarosz, Banners, Madisen Ward & The Mama Bear, River Tiber, Seratones, Black Pistol Fire, Joan Shelley, Future Thieves, and Myzica."

LBSUNFLWR

I always like seeing Heartless Bastards. Don't really know anybody else.
I will be at Forecastle, so will check some of them out for sure. any suggestions?

ajclements004

They couldve picked a better headliner than Avetts...

LBSUNFLWR

Mr. White

Quote from: LBSUNFLWR on Jan 26, 2016, 11:31 AM
I always like seeing Heartless Bastards. Don't really know anybody else.
I will be at Forecastle, so will check some of them out for sure. any suggestions?

Don't you know Joan Shelley? She's absolutely fantastic!
Here's one of several Joan Shelley songs I've recorded at concerts I've been to of hers. She collaborates with most all of our friends and family of Louisville musicians. Jim was even at this special album release show from last September. I'm sure you will love her music. Everyone who hears it does.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

LBSUNFLWR

Thank you!! Will check her out :)

LBSUNFLWR

for anybody going: Backpacks are not allowed in this year unless they are CLEAR!
I have contacted Forecastle on twitter and by email to clarify this new rule, bc we always were allowed backpacks in the past. No bag larger than 12x6 will be allowed in unless it's clear.
Even smaller backpacks I looked at were still 17 inches long. My backpack is 20 inches long.

They encourage you to bring a blanket, toilet paper, sunscreen, empty water bottle, etc... yet you can't bring the bag to hold them all unless it's clear? I am disappointed. There's only so much you can put in your pockets or hold!!

Just wanted to be sure everyone saw this new rule and saved themselves the agony of having to go back to the car. Or worse yet if you don't come in a car.

Hoping by Saturday they realize this doesn't make sense and change their minds!

ditty

For the first time in the last 4 years, we didn't go.  How was it?  How did the backpack policy hold up?  I was unhappy in 2012 when one of the sponsors was Camelbak, but you couldn't bring your backpack on the Belle for the after show.
100204 102305 112506 80711 71412 7050613 OBH14151718 6232415 71815 5121316 52616 62217 81017 8020319

Emb1528

The backpack rule definitely through some people off. I overheard the security lady on Friday saying that they changed their mind last minute. Wonder what sparked that. Glad I made the last minute decision to not bring one!
Doesn't matter what you're doin', as long as you're losin' your head

LBSUNFLWR

There were loads of backpacks just sitting at the entry gates for people to pick up on their way out. It was a silly rule but it seems to be happening everywhere so before next year I will probably look for a clear one.

I am probably in the minority who is not a fan of The Avett Brothers or Alabama Shakes, but Ryan Adams is my #1 Favorite...so we weren't going to sit out this year despite not liking 2 of 3 headliners. There were enough other acts we like to make it worth the price of admission: Phosphorescent, Steve Gunn, Heartless Bastards, Ben Harper, All Them Witches, Death Cab.

It was hotter than hot but we had a great time! I was very happy with the sets by the artists mentioned above. Saw some good stuff over on the WFPK stage Saturday and Sunday. Loved Teddy & friends with the local orchestra and several local artists. Loved Steve Gunn.

great time, worth the money and we will be back next year I'm sure. Having a great festival a few minutes from home, where you can shower and sleep in your house every night is a wonderful thing!!

ditty

Thanks, Forecastle & Louisville visits are always a great time.
100204 102305 112506 80711 71412 7050613 OBH14151718 6232415 71815 5121316 52616 62217 81017 8020319

LBSUNFLWR

I heard they had 65,000 people there this year, breaking a record.
Always a good mix of well behaved people. Amazing in today's world that that many people can be there and all get along and respect each other and have fun together!

Mr. White

I went to Forecastle this year (got in free for working the Not Your Father's Root Beer stand making root beer floats for 4 hours each day). Here's a song by Gary Clark Jr.

"The Healing"
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

rmpotsy

Quote from: Mr. White on Jul 21, 2016, 02:21 PM
I went to Forecastle this year (got in free for working the Not Your Father's Root Beer stand making root beer floats for 4 hours each day). Here's a song by Gary Clark Jr.

"The Healing"

who got you the root beer gig?  that is my charity that sponsored that booth, the titos booth, and the moonshine booth.  thanks for your help!
out go the lights it begins