Advice on shows in Philly

Started by YimYodd, Oct 10, 2014, 09:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YimYodd

Heading to PA next week, wanna check out some music in Philly on Saturday 10/18. Blues/ R&B/ face melting guitar would be good. Also hotel info.
Thanks  :beer:
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

LBSUNFLWR

Don't know what's happening this weekend but I do know The Tower Theater is one cool MF venue! See what's playing there.  :thumbsup:

YimYodd

Thanks, looks like a cool venue, nothing on the nite I'll be there though.
I found Drive By Truckers w St. Paul & the BBs at the Electric factory....know anything about that place?
My heart pumps away for your loving touch, My Sweet Juls. You know I never, I Never Could Get Enough

Angelo

Use this http://www.jambase.com/ and search Philly with the dates you will be in town. You'll see just about every venue worth going to in the city, and what shows they have on tap for the weekend.

It has been a while since I've been in Electric Factory. It is an okay venue but definitely not one of my favorites. Johnny Brenda's, Union Transfer, and the Mann are my favorites venues in the city.

dmooney99

Quote from: YimYodd on Oct 10, 2014, 12:01 PM
Thanks, looks like a cool venue, nothing on the nite I'll be there though.
I found Drive By Truckers w St. Paul & the BBs at the Electric factory....know anything about that place?

electric factory holds about 3,000 people.  Used to be the place to play awhile back.  They have an upstairs bar.  One thing i don't care about the EF is parking there got real expensive, like $20-25.

rincon2

Let me get this clear. You are in Philly looking for something to do on 10-18, and you know DBT is playing, and you have questions about the venue? They could be playing in an outhouse and it would be worth it. BUY YOUR TICKETS BEFORE THEY SELL OUT!

YimYodd

Well put, rincon2!
I just wanna get as much info as possible, I know parking / hotel may be more " complicated " downtown.
Thanks to all for info.

YimYodd

Quote from: rincon2 on Oct 13, 2014, 02:57 AM
They could be playing in an outhouse and it would worth it.

I saw them earlier this year in my hometown , a mile from where I live at a club w under 500 people.
Saturday, looking at close to $400 for room, see parking post above, in club w 1000's and no seating. "Worth it" ?????? :undecided:

iLikeBeer

Quote from: YimYodd on Oct 13, 2014, 12:49 PM
Quote from: rincon2 on Oct 13, 2014, 02:57 AM
They could be playing in an outhouse and it would worth it.

I saw them earlier this year in my hometown , a mile from where I live at a club w under 500 people.
Saturday, looking at close to $400 for room, see parking post above, in club w 1000's and no seating. "Worth it" ?????? :undecided:

Who needs seating? You shouldn't be sitting during a DBT show anyways...   :beer: