Previous topic - Next topic

APR

APR

mahg33ta

same weekend as shaky knees

APR

Quote from: mahg33ta on Dec 05, 2014, 04:49 PM

True.  I'm not buying tix until all lineups are out.  This lineup is really good, and I've never been to Austin.  I have a feeling Shaky Knees is going to have MMJ.

TheThird

Quote from: APR on Dec 08, 2014, 10:01 AM

True.  I'm not buying tix until all lineups are out.  This lineup is really good, and I've never been to Austin.  I have a feeling Shaky Knees is going to have MMJ.
Just curious, what makes you think shaky knees will have MMJ? I'm not saying I disagree (I think it's a real possibility too) I just didn't know if there was any info I missed out on
[url="http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection"]http://www.discogs.com/user/TheThird/collection[/url]

APR

Quote from: TheThird on Dec 11, 2014, 10:18 PM

Quote from: APR on Dec 08, 2014, 10:01 AM

Just curious, what makes you think shaky knees will have MMJ? I'm not saying I disagree (I think it's a real possibility too) I just didn't know if there was any info I missed out on

No inside info just a prediction on my part.  The Shaky Knees founder/organizer said that his favorite band is MMJ (he named the festival after their lyric) and after two years the festival has grown so they can probably afford some big names.  Sassbox posted something in the Tour Rumor thread about the south in the spring.  And with the album rumored to come out around then and MMJ having never played SK before, that weekend in Atlanta seems likely.

Murph

Black Keys headlining Mountain Jam... kinda lame

e_wind

I pulled the trigger on Forecastle and Solid Sound tickets already, so those will probably be my festivals for the year. My predictions for next spring summer.... 2 nights at Red Rocks, a non-forecastle hometown show that goes above and beyond as far as planning, guests, etc, and MMJ @ Solid Sound. I'm going to Solid Sound because Wilco is probably my favorite band, but I wouldn't mind if the rumors of SS were true
don't rock bottom, just listen just slow down...

mahg33ta

If I were a betting man I'd say MMJ is headlining Shaky Knees

parkervb

Quote from: Murph on Dec 12, 2014, 10:45 AM
Black Keys headlining Mountain Jam... kinda lame

Gov't Mule doing Dark Side of the Mule.  Not lame. So they've got that going for them which is nice.
Don't you ever turn it off

Murph

I'm crossing my fingers for a MMJ headlining slot at Firefly. Governors Ball would be nice also, but feels less likely

dmooney99

Quote from: Murph on Dec 12, 2014, 02:53 PM
I'm crossing my fingers for a MMJ headlining slot at Firefly. Governors Ball would be nice also, but feels less likely
Firefly would be nice since he did that last year. 

Also hoping for Pearl Jam at Firefly  :smiley:

oistheone

Very early to speculate, but the producers of Bonnaroo are throwing a new camping festival in Toronto this summer, and I'm strongly inclined to believe MMJ will be there.

http://www.festivalsnobs.com/bonnaroo-co-founder-confirms-homeaway-festival-in-toronto/

I have absolutely no proof of MMJ playing. But AC Entertainment are promising a "major" rock festival, and they have over a decade of history booking MMJ. Combine that with the fact that MMJ doesn't have a huge Toronto following, so nixing a date in the city in favor of a festival spot makes a lot of sense. Realistically, I don't think a headlining spot is out of the question. Can't wait to hear more details!

Derek713

Coachella lineup is out. There are a few goodies in the mix, but pretty underwhelming.

parkervb

Quote from: Derek713 on Jan 06, 2015, 03:12 PM
Coachella lineup is out. There are a few goodies in the mix, but pretty underwhelming.

unless you're into EDM I guess. Seems to be a TON of EDM artists.

APR

Quote from: parkervb on Jan 06, 2015, 03:34 PM
Quote from: Derek713 on Jan 06, 2015, 03:12 PM

unless you're into EDM I guess. Seems to be a TON of EDM artists.

I guess that's why I haven't heard of many of the acts on the bill.  I can't name more than one or two EDM artists.   

oistheone

Coachella's lineup this year actually impresses me! Steely Dan, Sloan AAAAND Ghostface Killah?!?! Feel pretty confident NO FESTIVAL in the history of music has ever had those three on the same bill.

In other festival news, I just wanna put it out there that I am feeling very confident MMJ will be playing both Forecastle and the newly-announced AC festival just outside Toronto. If my premonition comes true, I am SOOOO hitting both.

parkervb

oistheone

Will Drake be this year's Outkast???

(I say that in terms of festival headlining volume, NOT in terms of spottieottiedopaliscious flava)

Murph