TV SHOWS THAT SUCK!

Started by ffghtrs, Nov 28, 2014, 02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffghtrs

Just started watching Agents of Shield to day on netflix because i was bored and i watched Cap Amer 2 the other night.  wow what a terrible show. only two episodes in and i would rather watch a movie i've seen a million times.  Rounders that is.

what about you.  Favorite tv shows or worst shows ever.

just curious what everyone is watching and what they think.
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

johnnYYac

I actually like Agents of SHIELD. It is cheesy, for sure, but it reminds me of TV I used to love as a kid (Greatest American Hero, Incredible Hulk, Wonder Woman, Six Million Dollar Man, etc.). I also like how it overlaps plotlines from the Marvel films, such as Thor and Capt. America 2. And I'm a huge fan of Agent Colson.

Favorite TV, past and present...
The Shield
Hill Street Blues
The Americans
Curb Your Enthusiasm
All in the Family
Walking Dead
Breaking Bad
Justified
The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Jaimoe

I like Agents of Shield too. It gets better as it goes.

First-run shows I'm watching (I should preface I love culty or off-the-beaten-track kind of shows over mainstream):

Hell On Wheels
Orphan Black
Bates Motel
Vikings
Sleepy Hollow
Walking Dead (merely a B-series, but an ok page-turning diversion)
Grimm
True Detective
The Killing (better acting chemistry than True Detective)
Supernatural
Game of Thrones
Boardwalk Empire (I'm going to miss these characters)
Arrow (the best of the comic book shows)
Flash
Doctor Who
Inspector Lewis
Poirot
Sherlock
The Returned (award-winning French series)
American Horror Story
Dragons Den (CBC rags-to-riches reality show, which inspired Shark Tank... the latter US series stole two Dragons: Kevin and Robert)
Colbert Report
The Daily Show
HBO Boxing
Hockey Night in Canada

I'm going to return to Justified soon.

I'll add my all-time favs later, which includes some I already mentioned above.

EverythingChanges

Any drama on CBS anymore pretty much sucks...

As for great TV shows, I have pretty high standards before a drama can nudge its way onto my list.

Best shows I've Seen:

- Lost
- Breaking Bad
- Game of Thrones
- Hannibal (If you haven't seen this yet, it is on Amazon Prime.  Watch it!! It is like House of Cards meets Dexter in the best way possible.  Super phenomenal.  Warning, it is not for the faint of heart.)
- House of Cards
- Dexter
- Newsroom
- Fargo (great show, watch it!)

----------

Good shows I keep up with:

- American Horror Story (the coven season was weak, but every other season has been great so far)
- The Walking Dead (this show could be so much better than it is right now.  It seems to formulaic)
- The Americans (I am a season behind, but good stuff so far)
- Bates Motel
- Orphan Black

-----------

Shows on my "to watch list":

- True Detective
- The Leftovers

-----------

Best comedy TV shows I've seen:

- It's Always Sunny (hilarity at its finest)
- Peep Show (this is on Netflix, seriously watch this show if you even mildly like British humor.  It may take a few episodes to click, but damn I couldn't stop watching it.  Such a great great show.)
- The Inbetweeners (another great British comedy on Netflix)
- Wilfred (this show teeters on being a drama in the later seasons.  It is a very unique experience.  I loved every minute of it.)
- The It Crowd
- Friends (classic, can't go wrong)
- Girls (a great HBO dramedy)
- Silicon Valley
- South Park
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

ffghtrs

dang i guess i have to give it another shot.  I started watching it to enjoy the crossovers from the movies. but man i couldn't stand the first episode.  except Agent Coulson.  or Phil.  he rocks.
Can you keep it simple? Can you let the snare crack? Can you let it move without holding back?

Jaimoe

Quote from: ffghtrs on Nov 29, 2014, 04:34 PM
dang i guess i have to give it another shot.  I started watching it to enjoy the crossovers from the movies. but man i couldn't stand the first episode.  except Agent Coulson.  or Phil.  he rocks.

Yeah, it gets pretty good. Other characters come into play. Bill Paxton's storyline is really fun. I don't like comic adaptations, but this one grows on you.

Willard1979

I will never understand the love for Friends. I tried watching it, and it just did absolutely nothing for me. Maybe a chuckle or 2, thats it.

rincon2

Big Bang Theory. All it is is a format for supposed nerds to make sexual innuendo jokes, that are usually very predictable. I am amazed that most of the people I know who like it are quite intelligent females. I'm baffled.

ffghtrs

Completely agree with Friends.  I kinda use to enjoy Big Bang Theory but it's definitely lost its appeal. 

Willard1979

I just started watching Bored To Death. Its a shame it only lasted 3 seasons.

ffghtrs

Bored to Death was quite a hoot to watch.  I loved it.

Jaimoe

Quote from: ffghtrs on Dec 21, 2014, 10:19 AM

Great show. It's as if Wes Anderson did a TV series. Ted Danson's best role since Sam Malone.

ffghtrs

Quote from: Jaimoe on Dec 22, 2014, 10:31 AM
Quote from: ffghtrs on Dec 21, 2014, 10:19 AM

Great show. It's as if Wes Anderson did a TV series. Ted Danson's best role since Sam Malone.

Totally Wes Anderson Like.

Come Closer

Mulaney. I wanted to like it. I gave it a fair shake by watching several episodes. Very disappointing.

walterfredo

answer: everything that's not sports, jeopardy or antiques roadshow.

Jaimoe

Quote from: walterfredo on Dec 31, 2014, 02:18 PM
answer: everything that's not sports, jeopardy or antiques roadshow.

I like all three Antiques Roadshows: British, American, and Canadian versions. Once you watch an expert begin to talk about an item, it's impossible to turn the channel.