Bonnaroo 2015?

Started by itrainmonkeys, Jan 08, 2015, 02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

itrainmonkeys

I'm sure some of you folks on here already have the inside info or have heard about it before this post but I figured I'd pop in here and let you guys know that multiple people from Inforoo were told MMJ would be on the lineup this year.

It's not 100% yet (unless you guys know more than me) but it's exciting to say the least.

Hoping for an epic late night set again, like 2008.

cbalc73

This would be a dream come true!!! They deserve a Headlining spot, I mean these cats ARE Bonnaroo. They are Bonnaroo legends!!

BigHerm

Stevie

As i clicked 'forum' just now i again saw the governer's ball lineup and thought "Sweet lineup, but in the end what we would get from mmj and every other band is a watered down 1.25 hour set.. I REALLY hope they play bonnaroo!"

I would be so happy if this happens.  Let's get Tame Impala on that bill as well.

subinai

Hope they headline so I can watch the livestream on my couch

BigHerm

Who are other rumored acts right now itm?

timescaper

Quote from: BigHerm on Jan 09, 2015, 11:16 AM

Billy Joel, Mumford & Sons, Florence and the Machine, Deadmau5, Alt-J, Robert Plant, Death Cab for Cutie

BigHerm

itrainmonkeys

Quote from: timescaper on Jan 09, 2015, 11:30 AM
Quote from: BigHerm on Jan 09, 2015, 11:16 AM

Billy Joel, Mumford & Sons, Florence and the Machine, Deadmau5, Alt-J, Robert Plant, Death Cab for Cutie

Mostly these. Plus rap acts like Kendrick Lamar and Run The Jewels (who confirmed themselves they'd be there).

DaFunkyPrecedent

Elton John and then Billy Joel? gross.
God damn those shaky knees.

itrainmonkeys

Quote from: DaFunkyPrecedent on Jan 09, 2015, 02:15 PM
Elton John and then Billy Joel? gross.

Yea, it's not very exciting. It seems like the new tradition the past few years for Sunday headliners is to have it be a classic act that everyone can singalong to their hits. Petty then Elton and now Billy Joel. They have kind of gotten away from the Jam Band headliner for Sunday.

Stevie

So, i dont know who else is part of the new basement tapes off the top of my head but with mumford being there and w elvis costello being someone who is no stranger to the roo, could it be possible that we see a one off?  Would be right up jim's alley in terms of being everywhere at a festival like forecastle '12 or roo '13. 

Stevie

Here's a question that is based in my desire to see mmj, tame impala, flying lotus and deadmau5 all at the same festival (but in the grass, not in the city):  is there any connection between the governers ball people and the roo people? 

oistheone

bronzejoy

Quote from: Stevie on Jan 09, 2015, 06:11 PM
So, i dont know who else is part of the new basement tapes off the top of my head but with mumford being there and w elvis costello being someone who is no stranger to the roo, could it be possible that we see a one off?  Would be right up jim's alley in terms of being everywhere at a festival like forecastle '12 or roo '13.

Basement Tapes makes so much sense for Newport Folk Fest I'd be shocked if it doesn't happen.

itrainmonkeys

Quote from: bronzejoy on Jan 09, 2015, 08:25 PM
Quote from: Stevie on Jan 09, 2015, 06:11 PM

Basement Tapes makes so much sense for Newport Folk Fest I'd be shocked if it doesn't happen.

Yea, I could see that happening.

Unfortunately, Elvis Costello is busy during Roo and will be overseas for that. So while they could still do something it won't be a full group set. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mumford and Jim James maybe share the stage at some point and do a song or something (assuming they are both there for sure) but who knows?

Stevie

If they do play Bonnaroo, i just hope they are the last band scheduled on their stage and arent going to be held to a hits-only 2 hour set again because of an Arcade Fire or Mumford and Sons waiting to go on.  Another 30+ song set would mame the entire trip worth it.

BigHerm

Welp. Insider is usually dead on. Forecastle?

oistheone

There are a bunch of other sources saying that MMJ will indeed be on the farm. Won't be much longer until we know for sure.