Bonnaroo 2015?

Started by itrainmonkeys, Jan 08, 2015, 02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MyMorningSweatshirt

I posted this in the Tapings thread as well; here's the audio rip. Note, 20 seconds of Circuital is cut due to an issue with the stream, and levels have been tweaked a bit. My version of the video rip will be uploaded to Youtube soon.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/pqy52vp3tlpbo36/2015-06-13_Bonnaroo_Music_Festival_-_Manchester,_TN.zip

MyMorningSweatshirt

As promised, here's my rip of the video. It's the full 720p, so it's higher quality than the other Youtube link floating around. I can also post the direct mp4 download if anyone is interested.
https://youtu.be/4jyy6YxXEaM

TheDark

Quote from: MyMorningSweatshirt on Jun 15, 2015, 09:23 PM
As promised, here's my rip of the video. It's the full 720p, so it's higher quality than the other Youtube link floating around. I can also post the direct mp4 download if anyone is interested.
https://youtu.be/4jyy6YxXEaM

I would like that direct download link. Thanks! Great quality

willsfc

-will

Woody

Quote from: dookie shoot bandit on Jun 13, 2015, 11:07 PM
Wowwwww!
Great performance!

Carl looked like he was having so much fun!!

New songs are getting better and better live too!

Loved Carl's energy. I think he was picking up some slack for Jim and his back! Incredible performance, well done boys!

ncjacket

Quote from: SplatSplatSplat on Jun 14, 2015, 02:22 AM
that was a greatest hits setlist if i ever saw one.  good stuff

:thumbsup:

Not only was the setlist killer, they fucking murdered every single one of the songs as well... 6th Jacket show and this one was for the books....

Thanks as always boys!

edit: Also- did anyone else notice Victory Dance was during the sunset right before dark? "Hope to dance a victory dance, during the evenings setting sun" as the sun was setting.... Goddamn boys   :shocked:

ellisintransit

I can't add much, other than to say we all know every show is better than the last.  They came off a three night run of no repeats with deep tracks included in Chicago, proceeded to play the most obvious songs at Bonnaroo with no deep cuts (and nothing from the first two albums), at least half of which they played 4 years earlier on the same stage, and still ripped it a new one. 

There was no better crowd for me at Roo this year than in the pit with a bunch of rabid MMJ fans, on their feet all day, hot and sweaty and sunburned and burned out.  It felt so calm for the 45 minutes or so waiting for the show to start and then everybody went nuts.  So much fun.  High fives and hugs from people you've never met, peoples' mouths hanging open (including mine), and the rumble of the bass was like nothing I've ever felt.  I don't dig on modern EDM.  I do like electronic music but it's mostly chilled out and not party type stuff, so I don't know if all those shows have bass like that but every hair on my body was moving at once from those hits.

I kept waiting to hear that classic call of Bonnarooooooo from Jim, and it never materialized.  Actually nothing materialized banter-wise, and it seemed to me that he decided to let the music do the talking.  I think it worked.  I have several friends who I've been preaching about this band to for over a decade.  One of them stood just off the rail on Jim's side with me, and it was her first show.  Her husband said it changed his life and he's going to the Nashville show now.  (She is giving him hell because he doesn't usually like "her" music and slept on them for a long time.) Another friend of mine took her husband who said they instantly became his favorite band, going to his second show in Nashville as well.  The four 19 year-olds camped next to me went to see them based on my recommendation, and said it was one of the best things they saw all weekend. 

At any rate, I saw the first Waterfall rehearsal show, Athens, and Knoxville.  Each one was better than the last.  This one was better than those.  I'm sure last night's show was better than this one, tonight's will be better than that one, and so on and so on into          e    t    e    r    n    i    t    y.

I don't know if everyone agrees with that, but I truly think it's the case.  Anybody with a ticket in hand to see these guys is lucky as fuck.  Let's do it again and burn 'ol Nashville down in August!

PS:  My top Roo shows this were MMJ, D'Angelo, Tears for Fears, Earth Wind and Fire, King Gizzard, and Slayer.  Another great Roo. 

And finally, I wasn't able to get by the Relix booth to get a Bonnaroo Beacon on Sunday, so if anyone has an extra, I'd be happy to pay for postage.  Thanks!

acpartin

Quote from: MyMorningSweatshirt on Jun 16, 2015, 10:41 AM
Direct download of the video for anyone interested: http://www.mediafire.com/download/33544eenwcrjarx/My_Morning_Jacket_-_Bonnaroo_Music_Festival_2015.mp4

Hello all, long time Jacketer, forum Newbie here

I saw this set on YouTube once but cannot find it since :( Anyone have a fresh link???
Desperately need it!!
Thank you :)

Mr. White

Quote from: acpartin on Dec 21, 2017, 10:41 AM
Quote from: MyMorningSweatshirt on Jun 16, 2015, 10:41 AM
Direct download of the video for anyone interested: http://www.mediafire.com/download/33544eenwcrjarx/My_Morning_Jacket_-_Bonnaroo_Music_Festival_2015.mp4

Hello all, long time Jacketer, forum Newbie here

I saw this set on YouTube once but cannot find it since :( Anyone have a fresh link???
Desperately need it!!
Thank you :)

It's "Unlisted" on my YouTube channel but can be found in the Playlists.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

Lonndown27

Mr. White to the mothafuckin rescue!!! Check out his youtube channel and his playlists, go to Full shows, and prepare your brain to release from yer skull!!!!!!
(MMJ): 8/2/12+8/1/13+10/07/15+12/29/17+12/30/17+12/31/17+8/21/2022::::(JIM): 11/5/2018