OBH2 Night 2 Setlist

Started by alexzbik, Feb 02, 2015, 01:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexzbik

MMJ 2/1/15 One Big Holiday 2 Night 2

Down to the Bottom*, Circuital -> Outta My System, X-Mas Curtain, Lowdown, I'm Amazed, Compound (new Song)^, I Think I'm Going to Hell, Smokin From Shootin%, Dondante

e: Honest Man, Luckenbach, Texas@ (Willie Nelson) -> Mama Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys*%@ (Waylon Jennings), Benny and The Jets (Elton John), Phone Went West -> Stir It Up# (Bob Marley) -> Phone Went West, Could You Be Loved# (Bob Marley), Touch Me Pt. 2 -> Gideon

*w/Taylor Goldsmith of Dawes
^w/Kevin Ratterman
%w/Conor Oberst
@w/Ben Bridwell of Band of Horses
#w/Amelia Meath of Sylvan Esso
Stolen as the war begun, this time your soul is my one.

SplatSplatSplat

I can confirm with extreme prejudice that the aforementioned setlist is correct, veritable and true.
You need it.  That's for sure.

layin low

Pretty good set....think night 1 still takes the cake by far but the band really looked like they were enjoying themselves. Can't wait to see what goodies are in store in 2 days!

Non Sin Breaux

I really wish I would have went. I mean really really. I have the money.

Night 1 is the best MMJ set I've ever seen on Paper. EVER!!!!

Tonight seemed like Reggae Country Night, more of a chill night, Im have regrets and Im dealing with it with work alchohol
[url="https://www.facebook.com/thibault.lesananas"]https://www.facebook.com/thibault.lesananas[/url]

davymac

This looks awesome.  Can't wait to hear some new material!  Looks like y'all got some great covers too.

LB

this is fucking crazy. Honest question all, do you think they will change up their tour this year to have a variety of oldies IN ADDITION to their new stuff? i know they are going to be promoting their new album (i cant wait), but after the spontaneous curation and the fan response, do you think they will throw in Heartbreakin Man, The Bear, At Dawn's, etc? Looking at the circuital tour i felt like they played circuital and then just the biggies like Mahgeetah, Off the record, the way that he sings, etc.
no you never gotta fight with me

EverythingChanges

So many covers, but the phone/Bob Marley thing is cool! How did the new song sound?
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

jimsflyingv

I WANT THE BOOTLEG NOW...................................... :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy

itrainmonkeys

MOWJO8185

Quote from: LB on Feb 02, 2015, 07:05 AM
this is fucking crazy. Honest question all, do you think they will change up their tour this year to have a variety of oldies IN ADDITION to their new stuff? i know they are going to be promoting their new album (i cant wait), but after the spontaneous curation and the fan response, do you think they will throw in Heartbreakin Man, The Bear, At Dawn's, etc? Looking at the circuital tour i felt like they played circuital and then just the biggies like Mahgeetah, Off the record, the way that he sings, etc.

I would have to guess 2015 will be new album plus the typical live staples.  They seem to dig into their archives more in non-album years.

Cool setlist last night! Definitely a different feel from night 1. My guess is the cover theme for night 3 is going to be more in the soul/blues vein with PHJB.  I just hope they are new songs and not the same old "Move On Up, Celebration, Carnival Time," "All Night Long" rotation.

ericm

My guess is the 1st leg of the tour will be heavy new stuff, a few classic staples, and a rotation of covers/ rarities thrown in.

If there are any multi night runs on that leg, that's your best bet for getting more rarities, but I'm thinking the 1st leg will be more like a barnstorming tour across the country to get the new stuff out as quickly as possible to as many as possible. The 2nd leg and beyond is where we'll probably get more along the lines of Spontaneous Curation setlists. JMHO. :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

Stevie

Totally different feel each night.  I liked night one more as well but i will say that the phone went west transition into and out of and then back into the bob marley songs were as close to perfect as it gets.    Moreover they fit so well that it seemed very natural.  One of those deals where the sum is greater than the parts.  And thats been true of my experience here at the resort in general.  I dont think there is any way one could consume enough food and drink to break even on the cost of staying here but just being here over the past two days has already been worth it. 

Regarding future setlists, it's really anyone's guess.  However, if I'm a betting man then i would put my money on a slight alteration of previous album tour formats with a few staples disappearing and a couple of new ones being created.  At the end of the day, the vast majority of fans at any given tour stop (aside from big events) have not seen them more than five times.  So like it or not there will always be a reason for them to play songs like off the record, golden, and im amazed. 

Stevie

Quote from: MOWJO8185 on Feb 02, 2015, 11:15 AM

I would have to guess 2015 will be new album plus the typical live staples.  They seem to dig into their archives more in non-album years.

Cool setlist last night! Definitely a different feel from night 1. My guess is the cover theme for night 3 is going to be more in the soul/blues vein with PHJB.  I just hope they are new songs and not the same old "Move On Up, Celebration, Carnival Time," "All Night Long" rotation.

Yeah, ditto.  And let's not forget the fact that they still havent played horn-heavy black metal and first light.  By the way, as im typing this evil urges has just come on in the heaven lobby :). Resist those evil urges at all cost boys! 

Stevie

Quote from: ericm on Feb 02, 2015, 11:47 AM

My guess is the 1st leg of the tour will be heavy new stuff, a few classic staples, and a rotation of covers/ rarities thrown in.

If there are any multi night runs on that leg, that's your best bet for getting more rarities, but I'm thinking the 1st leg will be more like a barnstorming tour across the country to get the new stuff out as quickly as possible to as many as possible. The 2nd leg and beyond is where we'll probably get more along the lines of Spontaneous Curation setlists. JMHO. :beer:

However, with the second new album rumored to be released in 2016, do we get a big second leg?  We are in unchartered territory.

ericm

Quote from: Stevie on Feb 02, 2015, 12:07 PM
Quote from: ericm on Feb 02, 2015, 11:47 AM

However, with the second new album rumored to be released in 2016, do we get a big second leg?  We are in unchartered territory.

I'm thinking a summer first leg with some cities seeing a 2nd leg in the fall/end of the year. No idea how big that 2nd leg will be but I think we see one. T5 was in the fall following a tour leg,as was The Cap/NYE run in 12. My guess is we see something similar.
"Where's Jim going?"

touchingmept2

Quote from: alexzbik on Feb 02, 2015, 01:54 AM
MMJ 2/1/15 One Big Holiday 2 Night 2

Down to the Bottom*, Circuital -> Outta My System, X-Mas Curtain, Lowdown, I'm Amazed, Compound (new Song)^, I Think I'm Going to Hell, Smokin From Shootin%, Dondante

e: Honest Man, Luckenbach, Texas@ (Willie Nelson) -> Mama Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up to Be Cowboys*%@ (Waylon Jennings), Benny and The Jets (Elton John), Phone Went West -> Stir It Up# (Bob Marley) -> Phone Went West, Could You Be Loved# (Bob Marley), Touch Me Pt. 2 -> Gideon

*w/Taylor Goldsmith of Dawes
^w/Creighton Barett of Band of Horses
%w/Conor Oberst
@w/Ben Bridwell of Band of Horses
#w/Amelia Meath of Sylvan Esso
Dang, yall got graced with Conor singing a throwback country tune!
The time is near, to come forward with whatever killed your spark.

thepennylane

I need to hear Conor's rendition of that! ha ha...

more videos, yo!!

MMJCOBRA

The new song, compound was incredibly epic, along the lines of Dondante or a Steam Engine.   Lots of time for guitar badassary.

tippitoes22

Waylon(RIP) & Willie and the boys!!!
Need I say more...? Oh yeah, the DONDONTE was 20 min long. Dirty, dirty DONDONTE...!
Them that don't know him won't like him and them that do, sometimes won't know how to take him

GO4IT

How was Down on the Bottom?  From my first listen, I felt this could be epic live.