OBH2 Night 3 Setlist

Started by alexzbik, Feb 04, 2015, 01:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexzbik

MMJ 2/3/15 One Big Holiday 2 Night 3

Victory Dance -> First Light, The Way That He Sings, Evelyn, Nothing To It*, War Begun, Wonderful^, At The Bottom of Everything% (Bright Eyes), I Will Be There When You Die%, Only Memories (new song), Lay Low, Black Metal@, Highly Suspicious@, Dancefloors@, Happy@* (Rolling Stones), Mahgeetah

e: Sweet Jane$ (Velvet Underground), Rock & Roll$ (Velvet Underground), Danke Schoen@ (Wayne Newtown), Twist & Shout@ (The Beatles), Rainy Day Woman #12 & 35 + (Dylan)

e2: One Big Holiday@

*w/Taylor Goldsmith
^w/Ben Bridwell
%Jim and Connor Oberst
@w/Preservation Hall Jazz Band
$w/Connor Oberst
+w/Band of Horses, Dawes, Connor Oberst, Dave Givan & Danny Clinch
Stolen as the war begun, this time your soul is my one.

Santo

I hate/love seeing the set lists. Thanks for posting! Can't wait for the downloads.

alexzbik

Tonight's new song was my easily my favorite of the 3.
Stolen as the war begun, this time your soul is my one.

Fully

I look forward to hearing Nothing to It on the downloads. Actually,  I just look forward to the downloads period. I'm ready for a tour.

Come Closer

Cosign alex, new song was good. Wasn't impressed with the other two tbh. Overall the set was a little disappointing. The Dylan cover was great.

layin low

Memories was fantastic, def my fav out of the 3 new ones...great set overall though I till have to give the prize ribbon to night 1

davymac

Quote from: Fully on Feb 04, 2015, 01:52 AM
I look forward to hearing Nothing to It on the downloads. Actually,  I just look forward to the downloads period. I'm ready for a tour.

What she said!

EverythingChanges

Too many covers. At the bottom of everything would have been cool with Conor.
I wonder why we listen to poets when nobody gives a fuck

MOWJO8185

I came in expecting the covers based on last year and on the various guests from other bands, so I'm ok with it. Just have to learn not to view OBH as regular MMJ shows. I am actually pleased with the covers they picked this year vs last year, which were kind of feeling stale. But yeah, on the boots I'm most excited for the new songs, the basement tapes songs, and the cover medley into steam engine with Granduciel from night 1.

On paper, N1 > N2 > N3 for me, although I see potential for 2 to be my fav once listening to the boots if the performances are particularly good.

mynameiscurt

As someone who couldn't make the shows but stalked the message board for setlists these last few days I have to say all three nights looked fantastic.  It seems clear they were trying to give something special each not and not have any run-of-the-mill setlists.  I for one will be buying the official bootlegs and am looking forward to the outside of the box sequencing. 

Also, we must remember..........This is just the beginning.

Fully

All of those sets look like a hell of a good time! I can't wait for the downloads and more videos to show up! I really need a tour and the new album.

Murph

No guest appearances from any of the Dr. Dog guys?  Did Jim sit in with any of the other bands?  Were the guys walking around/hanging out during the day? So many questions.. patiently waiting for a full recap from someone, impatiently waiting for these bootlegs

BigHerm

Jim only played with preservation hall as far as I know. Carl and Bo sat in with Dawes for one song. No, they weren't just walking around unless they were there for a scheduled event; poker tournament, kentucky derby, Patrick DJ set, etc. The other bands were staying on the resort and were around. Saw the BoH guys, Adam from WoD, and Sylvan Esso quite a bit hanging out.

jimsflyingv

I think it is great, that the setlist is very different from last years. Can not wait for the download, too.

MMJ612

I had the time of my life.  This was such an incredible experience I have periods where I have to ask myself if this really happened.  It did, and it was every bit as amazing as people are saying.  Almost everything exceeded my very high expectations, the people, the music, the resort etc.

The one thing that didn't quite meet my expectations was the set list night 3.  I didn't feel like the Stones cover really worked and the first three songs of the encore would have been better if they were Jacket songs. 

To me, they left a lot of tender morsels on the table: Librarian, Where to Begin, Knot Comes Loose, Sooner, Hopefully, The Bear, Bermuda Highway, Just One Thing to name a few.  If they squeeze these in instead of some of the covers it would have been awesome.

With a new album coming out before any major touring, these deeper tunes will become rare.  And with another album next year, even rarer.  However, I'm super excited for new MMJ and for the band to progress to even greater heights.   

SpaceWrangler

Quote from: MMJ612 on Feb 05, 2015, 09:20 PM
I had the time of my life.  This was such an incredible experience I have periods where I have to ask myself if this really happened.  It did, and it was every bit as amazing as people are saying.  Almost everything exceeded my very high expectations, the people, the music, the resort etc.

The one thing that didn't quite meet my expectations was the set list night 3.  I didn't feel like the Stones cover really worked and the first three songs of the encore would have been better if they were Jacket songs. 

To me, they left a lot of tender morsels on the table: Librarian, Where to Begin, Knot Comes Loose, Sooner, Hopefully, The Bear, Bermuda Highway, Just One Thing to name a few.  If they squeeze these in instead of some of the covers it would have been awesome.

With a new album coming out before any major touring, these deeper tunes will become rare.  And with another album next year, even rarer.  However, I'm super excited for new MMJ and for the band to progress to even greater heights.

Couldn't have said it better. Sometimes they just need to play Jacket. On the stones cover they should've played something like Gimme Shelter. The Hard Rock would've exploded.
The Fact That My Heart's Beating IS ALL THE PROOF YOU NEED

BH

Pretty sure they did Bright Eyes, "Another Travelin Song" before they played "At The Bottom Of Everything".    Can someone confirm?
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.

BigHerm

IIRC Conor did Another Travelin Song with Dawes

Angelo

CO had a mini-set with Dawes that went Time Forgot>Soul Singer>Another Travelin Song. My second time seeing the five of them play together and it was just as good as the first. It was great!

BH

Ahhh, got my sets mixed up, thanks guys.
I'm digging, digging deep in myself, but who needs a shovel when you have a little boy like mine.