"Deluxe" roll-call?

Started by mgobugsy, Mar 03, 2015, 08:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mgobugsy

I re-upped roll call last summer for 18 months.  Now there is a "deluxe" roll-call membership?  Isn't that what I got?  I did get the 7" a short while ago, but there is also this:

• One free live show redemption code* 
• Roll Call "First Entry" laminate allowing first entry for all applicable shows 
• Roll Call exclusive t-shirt 
• Roll Call exclusive poster 

Am I getting those as well?  Ground Ctrl at it's finest... :embarrassed:

Cameron

Wondering about this too.

joey_rogo

Add me to the confusion list as well. I'll have to check when I get home, but when I got the 2014 7" the other day, I think it came with a list of undelivered 2015 items.

LB

just fished around for this email: info@groundctrl.com

email them with your questions, I'm about to. Hopefully if they get a wave of concern they'll answer us sooner
no you never gotta fight with me

JDUB

According to one event link I clicked on " any active memberships purchased prior to the 2015 membership will have access to presale tickets at the same time as the Deluxe buyers (10am - local market time)."
This is good. However it's a bummer that I'd have to buy another Roll Call membership to get the latest batch of goodies: shirt, poster, download code. My current membership is good until Jan. 2016

Clarkwork

Quote from: JDUB on Mar 03, 2015, 09:22 AM
According to one event link I clicked on " any active memberships purchased prior to the 2015 membership will have access to presale tickets at the same time as the Deluxe buyers (10am - local market time)."
This is good. However it's a bummer that I'd have to buy another Roll Call membership to get the latest batch of goodies: shirt, poster, download code. My current membership is good until Jan. 2016

I don't think you have to buy another one, it was originally sold to us as it would include all the stuff this year as well, thats why I purchased it.  I could be wrong but I think we are still good with this batch as well.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

searchinbig

Roll Call has my head spinning at this point. I have no idea what the fuck is going on. I'm good till August this year but what about those new goodies?!
"Somewhere out there is a land that's cool, where peace and balance are the rule."

roberthunter

A question for those who have done roll call in the past:  What is the ticket allotment like during the presale?  Are they mostly good seats or kind of just scattered around the venue?

Thanks.

MOWJO8185

Is Roll Call worth it if I'm only going to one show? Are the tickets significantly better than what I can get during the public onsale? Got a baby coming sometime this week so I think my traveling to shows is going to be very limited - only looking to hit the one in my hometown (STL).

SteppingLightly

Hey Everyone!

New to the Forum and just joined Roll Call.  When will I get the download code? 

Pumped for ATL and BHM shows!

sb_gli

I just purchased a roll call membership with a preorder of the new album.  now, how do I get into all the roll call pages?  Do I have to wait for the access code to come in the mail?  Am I supposed to be sent something by email?  WTF did I just pay for since I don't have access to any of this stuff?   :huh:

Edit: my membership says it expired on 5/10/2012... WTH man!

I submitted a ticket with ground-ctrl/wonderful union... whatever the heck they are now.  Hopefully they can get me sorted out.

Edit 2:  I received the following email from ground ctrl:

"If you purchased a membership from mymorningjacket.shopfirebrand.com you will be sent an email Friday, March 6th with a redemption code that you will be able to use to activate your fan club membership. We recommend redeeming the code and familiarizing yourself with the site as soon as you can so you will be ready for the pre-sale."

roberthunter

Nevermind - missed the parcel shipping option.

Cameron

my membership says i'm good until 5/25/2016.

tomburr91

What does the free live show mean? Is that a free ticket to a show of your choosing or is it a yet-to-be-announced ticket to a show for everyone?

buymycar

Quote from: tomburr91 on Mar 03, 2015, 12:46 PM
What does the free live show mean? Is that a free ticket to a show of your choosing or is it a yet-to-be-announced ticket to a show for everyone?

It's a digital download of a show from http://www.livedownloads.com/live-music/3,419/My-Morning-Jacket-mp3-flac-downloads.html

NSLrecordings

Anybody else having problems signing up for Roll Call Digital?  I get to the paypal page and the login button does nothing so I can't get through to pay.
[url="//www.facebook.com/nslmedia"]www.facebook.com/nslmedia[/url] / [url="//www.nslmedia.net"]www.nslmedia.net[/url]

Wonderful Union

Hey guys!

If you still have questions, all the current pre-sale info is broken down here: http://mymorningjacket.com/2015faq

If you have questions/concerns regarding your account, order(s), an existing membership, or something regarding the pre-sale, please contact us here: help.wonderfulunion.com

We can also be reached by phone at 1-844-963-7385. We are available Monday-Friday from 7am-6pm Pacific.

Hope this helps! :)

jmoney

Maybe I am missing it in the FAQ, but can we get clarification on the merch...

I get that those of us who purchased the 2014/2015 18 month membership have the same 10am pre-sale access as the deluxe memberships being sold with the album preorder.  Do we get the other goods (shirt, poster, etc.) that come with the deluxe option or will we need to purchase the deluxe option?  Will the 2014/2015 members get the same options when it comes to VIP packages as the deluxe members?

CutTheString

I have no idea what's going on with Roll Call. I've been a member since it started and I never get any sort of information from them on what's going on. Bought the first membership when it launched, apparently it expired and I re-upped right before the original OBH and haven't heard anything from them since (no "you're roll call has expired" etc.) and I've never received a 7". At one point you were supposed to be getting exclusive downloads periodically and I got one when I first signed up and that was it.

Ground Control runs "fan clubs" for lots of bands and seems like it's just a commodity they manage. Kind of bummed that the band has outsourced this operation to these folks who don't care if it's MMJ or if it's Justin Bieber vs. doing it themselves or finding someone who actually gives a shit about the artist they're representing.

Wonderful Union

Quote from: jmoney on Mar 04, 2015, 11:15 AM
Maybe I am missing it in the FAQ, but can we get clarification on the merch...

I get that those of us who purchased the 2014/2015 18 month membership have the same 10am pre-sale access as the deluxe memberships being sold with the album preorder.  Do we get the other goods (shirt, poster, etc.) that come with the deluxe option or will we need to purchase the deluxe option?  Will the 2014/2015 members get the same options when it comes to VIP packages as the deluxe members?

You would need to purchase the Deluxe option to receive the merch that's included in that bundle. If you have an existing 18 month membership, then you will have the same access as Deluxe members to any available concert tickets or VIPs during the pre-sale.