"Deluxe" roll-call?

Started by mgobugsy, Mar 03, 2015, 08:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vespachick

Quote from: Wonderful Union on Mar 04, 2015, 12:23 PM
Quote from: jmoney on Mar 04, 2015, 11:15 AM
Maybe I am missing it in the FAQ, but can we get clarification on the merch...

I get that those of us who purchased the 2014/2015 18 month membership have the same 10am pre-sale access as the deluxe memberships being sold with the album preorder.  Do we get the other goods (shirt, poster, etc.) that come with the deluxe option or will we need to purchase the deluxe option?  Will the 2014/2015 members get the same options when it comes to VIP packages as the deluxe members?

You would need to purchase the Deluxe option to receive the merch that's included in that bundle. If you have an existing 18 month membership, then you will have the same access as Deluxe members to any available concert tickets or VIPs during the pre-sale.

As an existing 18 month member, I can see it all now at future early entry: "That's not the right laminate, go get in the other line; I don't care that you've been here for 6 hours already..."

#ForecastleFlashback
My jacket's gonna be cut slim and checked

ericm

Quote from: vespachick on Mar 04, 2015, 12:29 PM

I get that those of us who purchased the 2014/2015 18 month membership have the same 10am pre-sale access as the deluxe memberships being sold with the album preorder.  Do we get the other goods (shirt, poster, etc.) that come with the deluxe option or will we need to purchase the deluxe option?  Will the 2014/2015 members get the same options when it comes to VIP packages as the deluxe members?

You would need to purchase the Deluxe option to receive the merch that's included in that bundle. If you have an existing 18 month membership, then you will have the same access as Deluxe members to any available concert tickets or VIPs during the pre-sale.

As an existing 18 month member, I can see it all now at future early entry: "That's not the right laminate, go get in the other line; I don't care that you've been here for 6 hours already..."

#ForecastleFlashback

I totally agree, and can easily see that scenario happening.

If it were me, I'd purchase the Deluxe package  get the merch,and just tack that extra year onto the end of my membership, and see what 2016 brings. If this year's laminate will work in 16 then let it ride, if not, buy another new membership, and let that the extra time run out or close to it in the down years when the tours are over.

Oh, and if you do buy the new Deluxe package choose the parcel post option for delivery. It's cheaper.  :wink:  :beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

vespachick

Quote from: ericm on Mar 04, 2015, 12:46 PM

#ForecastleFlashback

If it were me, I'd purchase the Deluxe package  get the merch,and just tack that extra year onto the end of my membership, and see what 2016 brings. If this year's laminate will work in 16 then let it ride, if not, buy another new membership, and let that the extra time run out or close to it in the down years when the tours are over.

Oh, and if you do buy the new Deluxe package choose the parcel post option for delivery. It's cheaper.  :wink:  :beer:

What am I made out of money?  Hey Eric, my birthday is just around the corner...  :kiss: :kiss: :beer: :beer:

For reals: I do hope to see you at least a couple times this tour; any plans to come west?

byrdpickem

I think this is pretty lame. If you're going to backtrack on the 18-month subscribers the least you could do is give us a discounted option to get the merch. I mean really, at this point what was the purpose of the early renewal at $60!!

pattilovesmmj

I'm still confused - but I only skimmed the information, so I'll go back and re-read.  But IF I had know when I re-upped my membership a couple months early last year and that this would now be offered, I might have waited.  I like the poster, though!

jmoney

Got it. 

Not to nitpick, but the 18 month membership and the new deluxe membership both come with the 2015 year-end 7" vinyl.  I am fine with purchasing the deluxe membership for the 2015 poster, shirt, and laminate since those were not apart of the 18 month membership.  It just seems strange that we would be paying twice for the same 2015 7" vinyl.

rjlemons

Quote from: jmoney on Mar 04, 2015, 02:22 PM

Got it. 

Not to nitpick, but the 18 month membership and the new deluxe membership both come with the 2015 year-end 7" vinyl.  I am fine with purchasing the deluxe membership for the 2015 poster, shirt, and laminate since those were not apart of the 18 month membership.  It just seems strange that we would be paying twice for the same 2015 7" vinyl.

I purchased the 2014/2015 Bonus membership and the new 2015 membership.  For the price, I really hope I am getting TWO of those 2015 7" inch vinyls.  One I can play and one I will never open.

LB

#ForecastleFlashback

I COMPLETELY agree. Holy hell, the guys checking the laminates won't understand whats going on.
no you never gotta fight with me

pattilovesmmj

Ok - last time around, I purchased the extended membership as I recall.  If you purchased before a certain date which was around summer 2014, then you received the  7" vinyl and your membership was extended thru the end of 2015.  Does this seem correct to anyone who purchased the same membership?  My membership on roll call shows I'm up to date until 9/2016.  But now, with the deluxe, you get 2015 poster, shirt and laminate that are different I presume?  So, it would be nice to get a break on the merchandise.  Additionally, at least from my understanding we still get to order tickets at the same time that the deluxe members get.  So it seems that maybe the reasoning behind the deluxe is to get new membership and those that may have expired a couple of years ago. :undecided:

vespachick

Here's what the email said re ordering the 2014/15 Bonus Membership:

"My Morning Jacket is hard at work in the studio recording a brand new album to be released in early 2015. With the band busy devoting time to their studio efforts we won't be offering a plethora of Roll Call specific events before 2015. However, we are offering something completely new to our fans: Introducing the 2014 Bonus Roll Call Membership!

Purchase a Bonus Roll Call Membership through December 31st, 2014 and your membership will be valid through the end of 2015. You'll receive access to exclusive online content over the next 18 months, two limited edition 7-inch vinyls, Roll Call poster, tee, and laminate. Check the full package details below:

2014/15 Bonus Roll Call Membership
• Exclusive MMJ Roll Call poster
• Exclusive MMJ Roll Call T-shirt
• Exclusive MMJ Roll Call laminate
• 2014 End of the year exclusive MMJ 7" vinyl
• 2015 End of the year exclusive MMJ 7" vinyl
• Exclusive Roll Call Pre-Sale to 2015's 'One Big Holiday'

As a member of Roll Call, you will have access to these exclusive areas of mymorningjacket.com:
"

So, the only thing different would be the Tshirt, Poster, and Laminate.  Frankly, the only thing I worry about is the laminate, because as we all know even with a current laminate nobody at the venue ever knows what the heck is going on with early entry, whether it's being offered, and even when it's been confirmed that it is offered you have to virtually hunt down people and convince them that you know what you're talking about. (Or in some cases, be given VIP access to an entire weekend event; there are ups and downs to it  ;)).

The last two years' laminates don't even have a year on them to indicate when they are active.  I predict many headaches for the those of us who purchased Bonus Roll Call.

ellisintransit

Wonderful Union seems to be legit, so I wonder if you'll be able to nip this in the bud for us right here.  The FAQ page was very helpful, but doesn't answer at all whether or not "Bonus Membership" holders will receive the shirt, poster and laminate for 2015.

I'm getting angrier by the post on this topic.  :angry: People were getting screwed last year on the bonus membership, because they stopped selling them prior to the date they said they would.  I bought mine as soon as the option was available, but it bothers me that other big fans got screwed.  Then this topic comes up, gets more confusing by the minute, and nobody seems to be addressing it.  The 45 and presales are great and what I want most, but I also covet the screen print and laminate each year.  I've been a Roll Call subscriber since the very first one, and I've never felt like they really care and it seems to be getting worse.

Looking back on the invoice for the bonus membership, it's listed just like Vespa wrote above.

It's hard to understand because they specifically listed the 2014 and 2015 45s, but "poster", "T-shirt", and "laminate" are all singular leading me to believe those were only for 2014 and won't be included for 2015.  SO if someone in the know can clearly answer what people have been asking this whole time, that would be awesome.   

AtDawn

Is there a limit to the number of tickets you can buy via pre-sale?

ditty

Quote from: ellisintransit on Mar 04, 2015, 03:43 PM
SO if someone in the know can clearly answer what people have been asking this whole time, that would be awesome.

I suggest you and others IM message the person on messages #16 & #19 in this thread.  They seem to be with Wonderful Union

100204 102305 112506 80711 71412 7050613 OBH14151718 6232415 71815 5121316 52616 62217 81017 8020319

JDUB

I emailed help@wonderfulunion.com and they confirmed that I would need to purchase the 2015 Deluxe to get the new merch even though I bought the Bonus 2014/2015.

"No, the Roll Call membership you purchased last year does not include the items that are bundled with the new membership. If you would like, you can purchase the new membership and add an additional year onto your current membership along with the merchandise."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LB

Quote from: vespachick on Mar 04, 2015, 03:35 PM

So, the only thing different would be the Tshirt, Poster, and Laminate.  Frankly, the only thing I worry about is the laminate, because as we all know even with a current laminate nobody at the venue ever knows what the heck is going on with early entry, whether it's being offered, and even when it's been confirmed that it is offered you have to virtually hunt down people and convince them that you know what you're talking about. (Or in some cases, be given VIP access to an entire weekend event; there are ups and downs to it  ;)).

The last two years' laminates don't even have a year on them to indicate when they are active.  I predict many headaches for the those of us who purchased Bonus Roll Call.

So here's a question for you. Do you think, that if we buy the new package for the laminate out of fear, that in 2016 another Roll Call package and new laminate will come out? You see what I'm saying? What are the chances we could face another situation like this?

BTW, I webchatted with WonderfulUnion and raised the possibility of just mailing us only the new laminates. The guy said they can't do that but will check that we won't face any problems on getting early entry with our current laminates.

vespachick

Quote from: LB on Mar 04, 2015, 05:35 PM
Quote from: vespachick on Mar 04, 2015, 03:35 PM

So here's a question for you. Do you think, that if we buy the new package for the laminate out of fear, that in 2016 another Roll Call package and new laminate will come out? You see what I'm saying? What are the chances we could face another situation like this?

99.9% sure it will happen again.

ericm

Quote from: vespachick on Mar 04, 2015, 12:50 PM
Quote from: ericm on Mar 04, 2015, 12:46 PM

#ForecastleFlashback

What am I made out of money?  Hey Eric, my birthday is just around the corner...  :kiss: :kiss: :beer: :beer:

For reals: I do hope to see you at least a couple times this tour; any plans to come west?

I hope to see you too.  :thumbsup:  :beer:

So far I'm planning on Chicago,and a couple of East Coast shows, but have my sights set on SF whenever that is. I'm going to do my best to make that but it's going to depend on whatever other dates if any are announced, and when the SF shows actually are. It's tough for me to take much time off in the Fall but if there's anyway I can, you know I will.  :wink:

I definitely want to do SF again, and see all my west coast peeps, so hopefully it'll all work out.
:beer:
"Where's Jim going?"

buymycar

wonderfulunion.com

ground(ctrl) is now Wonderful Union

2015 brings some very exciting changes for our company. Since launching ground(ctrl) 7 years ago, our company and vision have grown into something uniquely wonderful. We have established ourselves as a unifying element between artists and fans, and this purpose has redefined us.

Moving forward, ground(ctrl) will be known as Wonderful Union. We are proud of who we are and what we do, but we have always operated behind the scenes. Wonderful Union is about all of us. It's about how we unite fans with the artists they love, and together, we are all Wonderful Union. Thank you for being with us for these first seven years, and we hope you'll be with us for many years to come.

Thank you from all of us here in Sacramento, Nashville, Tokyo and beyond!

Wonderful Union

I have not, and doubt I ever will, feel "unified" with the artist through ground ctrl or wonderful union, or whatever it is now. Selling two different 2015 Roll Call memberships is the latest misstep in a long line of missteps by this company.

vespachick

Quote from: buymycar on Mar 04, 2015, 05:56 PM

wonderfulunion.com

ground(ctrl) is now Wonderful Union

2015 brings some very exciting changes for our company. Since launching ground(ctrl) 7 years ago, our company and vision have grown into something uniquely wonderful. We have established ourselves as a unifying element between artists and fans, and this purpose has redefined us.

Moving forward, ground(ctrl) will be known as Wonderful Union. We are proud of who we are and what we do, but we have always operated behind the scenes. Wonderful Union is about all of us. It's about how we unite fans with the artists they love, and together, we are all Wonderful Union. Thank you for being with us for these first seven years, and we hope you'll be with us for many years to come.

Thank you from all of us here in Sacramento, Nashville, Tokyo and beyond!

Wonderful Union

I have not, and doubt I ever will, feel "unified" with the artist through ground ctrl or wonderful union, or whatever it is now. Selling two different 2015 Roll Call memberships is the latest misstep in a long line of missteps by this company.

Well, see, NOW we are unified in our beliefs! 

Also, does their statement make any kind of sense to anyone?  Good lord. They "established" themselves as a unifying element, and that then redefined them?  What does that even mean?  They are behind the scenes but together we are Wonderful Union?  Right.  Okay.  Perfectly clear.  Clear as mud.  As usual.

LB

went ahead and bout the new one. oh well. fuck it. would rather pay the $40 now then get rejected by a security guard in a couple of months