"Deluxe" roll-call?

Started by mgobugsy, Mar 03, 2015, 08:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ellisintransit

Quote from: JDUB on Mar 04, 2015, 05:16 PM
I emailed help@wonderfulunion.com and they confirmed that I would need to purchase the 2015 Deluxe to get the new merch even though I bought the Bonus 2014/2015.

"No, the Roll Call membership you purchased last year does not include the items that are bundled with the new membership. If you would like, you can purchase the new membership and add an additional year onto your current membership along with the merchandise."

Thanks for doing that. I'm happy to have an answer.  I'm also happy we still get the pre-sales and the record.  I would pay $40 for the poster and the laminate anyway.  Does that make me a collector or a sucker?

rincon2

Quote from: roberthunter on Mar 03, 2015, 09:54 AM
A question for those who have done roll call in the past:  What is the ticket allotment like during the presale?  Are they mostly good seats or kind of just scattered around the venue?

Thanks.
I have never gotten any seats better than a 6.5 on a scale of 10 from roll call. Not bad, but not great by any means.

Clarkwork

I have to say I'm very disappointed in all of this.  I purchased the 18 month roll call because I was given the impression we would get all of this stuff this year as well. 

As a long time member here and someone who has been on Roll Call since the beginning, it feels like we are being moved out of the way for newer fans and we were given the bait and switch.

There was absolutely no reason to buy an 18 month membership looking back and it just feels like we were being used for financial gain with no benefit.

I'll break down and purchase another roll call package, but as a fan can't say how disappointed I am the band would let this happen to folks who have supported them for so many years.
If you don't know for yourself, how could you ever know for me....

APR

Quote from: ellisintransit on Mar 04, 2015, 07:27 PM
Quote from: JDUB on Mar 04, 2015, 05:16 PM
I emailed help@wonderfulunion.com and they confirmed that I would need to purchase the 2015 Deluxe to get the new merch even though I bought the Bonus 2014/2015.

"No, the Roll Call membership you purchased last year does not include the items that are bundled with the new membership. If you would like, you can purchase the new membership and add an additional year onto your current membership along with the merchandise."

Thanks for doing that. I'm happy to have an answer.  I'm also happy we still get the pre-sales and the record.  I would pay $40 for the poster and the laminate anyway.  Does that make me a collector or a sucker?

A collector.  Go for it....$40 isn't much in the grand scheme of things.   I would do it if I had any wall space for another poster.  But with another tour and probably more posters to go along with, that isn't the case.   I'm happy with the ticket access that the 18 month membership got us.

Unless Wonderful Union updated their FAQs today, it said the quantity of tickets roll callers will be able to buy will be stated soon.

buymycar

Quote from: Clarkwork on Mar 05, 2015, 09:39 AM

There was absolutely no reason to buy an 18 month membership looking back and it just feels like we were being used for financial gain with no benefit.

Well, the 18 month membership was the only way to get the 2014 vinyl. So there's that. But it does feel like what they're doing is a money grab.

joey_rogo

How can the 2014/2015 membership NOT include 2015 goodies? That is why I bought it......

I have never gotten good tickets from roll call. In fact I missed out on the 1st annual 7" because my account became mysteriously "suspended" and it took a week for them to fix it and I was unable to sign up.

I want to like you roll call, I really do. But I don't.

itrainmonkeys

Quote from: buymycar on Mar 05, 2015, 12:27 PM
Quote from: Clarkwork on Mar 05, 2015, 09:39 AM

Well, the 18 month membership was the only way to get the 2014 vinyl. So there's that. But it does feel like what they're doing is a money grab.

I was able to get one because of the "limited package" that they did for 3 months. I missed out on the poster though :(

It definitely is really lame that the 2014/2015 packages don't include the 2015 package swag. You'd think that would be part of it.

groundCTRL aka Wonderful Union (new name) has been pretty bad across the board when it comes to Roll Call. I hope Team MMJ can try to get the message across that the miscommunication has to stop.

roberthunter

Quote from: rincon2 on Mar 05, 2015, 01:07 AM
Quote from: roberthunter on Mar 03, 2015, 09:54 AM
A question for those who have done roll call in the past:  What is the ticket allotment like during the presale?  Are they mostly good seats or kind of just scattered around the venue?

Thanks.
I have never gotten any seats better than a 6.5 on a scale of 10 from roll call. Not bad, but not great by any means.

Thanks

AtDawn

Quote from: AtDawn on Mar 04, 2015, 03:44 PM
Is there a limit to the number of tickets you can buy via pre-sale?

Anybody?

I'm guessing there is but I don't see anything that specifies on the website..

ericm

Quote from: AtDawn on Mar 05, 2015, 07:53 PM
Quote from: AtDawn on Mar 04, 2015, 03:44 PM
Is there a limit to the number of tickets you can buy via pre-sale?

Anybody?

I'm guessing there is but I don't see anything that specifies on the website..

Word is 4 per show but I think we'll have to wait til they start to know for sure.
"Where's Jim going?"

Wonderful Union

The purchase limit is 4 per show.

If you have questions regarding the pre-sale, check out the FAQs page, here: http://mymorningjacket.com/2015faq

If you have questions/concerns regarding your account, order(s), an existing membership, or something regarding the pre-sale that you didn't see on the FAQs page, please contact us here: help.wonderfulunion.com or at help@wonderfulunion.com.

We can also be reached on the phone at 1-844-963-7385.
We are available Monday-Friday from 7am-6pm Pacific.

AtDawn

$25 for ground shipping on the Deluxe??

edit: I guess it is a lot of stuff

ericm

Quote from: AtDawn on Mar 06, 2015, 04:40 PM

Go with the Parcel Post option. It's cheaper.
"Where's Jim going?"

AtDawn

^Ordered it last night, I don't think it was working right at first  :thumbsup:

So would anyone like to share some success stories?  I'm trying to decide whether to go for 4 tickets or not..

SVRDhand13

Quote from: ericm on Mar 06, 2015, 05:25 PM
Quote from: AtDawn on Mar 06, 2015, 04:40 PM

Go with the Parcel Post option. It's cheaper.

Yea I think it was $6
10: T5 (At Dawn, Z, Evil Urges) 11: VA, MSG, 2012: BK, Cap Theater 1-2 15: GovBall, XPN, Beacon 2+3

Angelo

My stuff is in transit, due to arrive next Tuesday. Keep an eye out, folks.

MACKEL

Quote from: Angelo on Apr 24, 2015, 12:27 AM

Where did you see the tracking update? I don't see the order in my Roll Call account but I do have a paypal receipt for the box set from FireBrand...
Been lookin back, down through the ages; First I was an ancient, then I was an infant, now I'm ALIVE

ditty

Quote from: michaelsatterfield on Apr 24, 2015, 10:07 AM
Quote from: Angelo on Apr 24, 2015, 12:27 AM

Where did you see the tracking update? I don't see the order in my Roll Call account but I do have a paypal receipt for the box set from FireBrand...

I received a UPS tracking # email  late yesterday, Wednesday delivery scheduled for me
100204 102305 112506 80711 71412 7050613 OBH14151718 6232415 71815 5121316 52616 62217 81017 8020319

e-stone

has anyone received their "1 free download code" yet?  i'm waiting oh-so-patiently to download a OBH2 show.

Willard1979

Wow! Im shocked to read about all of this confusion with Roll Call/Wonderful Union. When I was a member back in 2012, I was happy with the whole Laminate-Early Entry privilege.  Since there wont be any Los Angeles or Las Vegas dates on this tour, and the fact that I don't have a turntable, I see no reason to renew at this time.  I did pre-order the Deluxe Waterfall CD Package from this site. So at least I have that to look forward to! I seriously hope you folks can get everything straightened out.