Chicago Theatre - Chicago, IL (June 9th, 10th, & 11th) Roll Call

Started by Stevie, Mar 03, 2015, 10:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevie

IMeMine

If I were visiting Chicago on a budget I would stay here...

http://www.urbanholidaylofts.com/rooms/

Its a 5 min walk to the Damen Blue Line train stop, get off at the Clark/Lake stop and walk another 5 min to the Chicago Theatre.

If I wasn't on a budget I would stay here.....

http://www.longmanandeagle.com

It's a really cool little hotel in a real neighborhood and the restaurant downstairs is fantastic. Its also near the Blue Line.
Everything passes...Everything changes...Just do what you think you should do

ralph

Who wants to go to Reds v Cubs on the Friday after the shows? Always wanted to see a baseball game, and to see one at Wrigley would be awesome...-
At my house, we call them uh-ohs.

APR

Quote from: ralph on Mar 05, 2015, 02:52 AM
Who wants to go to Reds v Cubs on the Friday after the shows? Always wanted to see a baseball game, and to see one at Wrigley would be awesome...-

Get tickets ASAP since the Cubs sell out fast.  Wrigley is THE place for a game (and Fenway).   I might go to Chicago for this run but would have to leave Friday early.  I haven't been to Wrigley in 20 years.  If I make this trip, I would consider going to the Thursday night game for a few innings and miss the opening act.

timescaper

are the pits going to be GA or assigned for these theatre gigs?

ericm

Quote from: timescaper on Mar 05, 2015, 10:32 AM
are the pits going to be GA or assigned for these theatre gigs?

Looking at the detailed seating chart, I'm going to say they're permanent assigned pit seats. Just like Radio City or The Mann. I've never been there, and could be wrong but that's my thinking.
"Where's Jim going?"

Stevie

Yes, reserved pit as confirmed earlier in this thread.

mynameiscurt

Quote from: Stevie on Mar 05, 2015, 11:09 AM
Yes, reserved pit as confirmed earlier in this thread.

So is the ticketing strategy just to choose best available?  Can't wait for this run.  Close to adding my name to the Roll Call!

timescaper

1. Stevie w/ Megan
2. BigHerm +1
3. Emb
4. justbcuzido + 3 every night. Making the pilgrimage from Texas.
5. LB + 1
6. YimYodd + 1 (Yuls). Two nites, hopefully 3...plus Chris Botti there on 13th.
7. Mama Kel + fam & little man (first MMJ shows) x 3...
8. CHIMMJFAN all 3 nights and with some others on at least a couple nights.
9. Tater + my imaginary Mr. Peepers
10. johnnYYac
11. robb
12. ralph
13. timescaper +1 (all 3)

KittyKy

1. Stevie w/ Megan
2. BigHerm +1
3. Emb
5. LB + 1
10. johnnYYac x3
11. robb
12. ralph
14. Kyle (and Wife) all 3

logan5ive

For the shows at Chicago Theatre June 9-11 the event page says that "please note: there will be multiple ticket options for this show (general admission pit, reserved orchestra and multi-day tickets)" - ...so, for the multi-day tickets option what section will the seats be in- GA pit or reserved orch?

Also, how big is the GA pit?
MMJ Shows 2005-2022 [30]

ericm

Quote from: logan5ive on Mar 06, 2015, 07:27 PM
For the shows at Chicago Theatre June 9-11 the event page says that "please note: there will be multiple ticket options for this show (general admission pit, reserved orchestra and multi-day tickets)" - ...so, for the multi-day tickets option what section will the seats be in- GA pit or reserved orch?

I'm thinking we'll have the option of trying for GA Pit or Reserved with the multi-day tix. At least that's the way I read it.

I don't think the pit area is very big. From the pics I saw there's  only 90 or so folding chairs in there that will be removed so I'm thinking the usual 1.5-2 Ga standing tix per seat. 150-175 would be my guess, 200 tops.
"Where's Jim going?"

Stevie

woah!

the multi-day tickets are a very nice surprise.  if they are selling 3 day tickets then truly the only thing that makes this event different from a Wiltern or Port Chester is the fact that it's an album tour. 

Stevie

just thought of a few questions, that may or may not be answerable:

1.  Are the three day passes available to the general public or just roll call?  Does anyone remember if the general public had access to 3 day passes for Port Chester like we did?

2.  I wonder about the distribution of tickets.  Are there drastically more GA Pit 3 day passes available than Reserve Orchestra 3 Day or vice versa?  Seems it would be easiest to have lots of 3 Day pit passes.  Also, are there more Single Day tix available than 3 Days overall, or vice versa?  The strategy here is very tough. 

3.  How much do you think they monitor the pit in terms of keeping those without Pit passes out?  Seems like it could be alright but not if it's getting jammed up with people.. In that scenario i'd rather have my own seat (and space) a bit further back.

cderosa1185

Was depressed I had to sit out for OBH 2, but totally thrilled that they announced a 3 nighter in my home town!!  be there Every night and in Milwaukee. A buddy of mine may be moving to denver in a few months so maybe RR as well :)

APR

Quote from: logan5ive on Mar 06, 2015, 07:27 PM

It looks tiny.  It's there on the seating chart.  These will go quick.... hopefully all to Roll Callers.  Pearl Jam (over the last two years) had every GA pit ticket available for their fan club members.  None were sold during the regular on sale.  There have been plenty of mishaps with their fan club sales over the years though.

ericm

Here's a pic of the stage/ pit/ front of orch/ balcony

http://blog.necaconvention.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/ChicagoTheaterInside.jpg

I'd imagine they'll try and pack that pit, but like every other venue, especially in big cities, there's a fire code, and how many they actually allow in there will depend on that.

Since there's only 90-100 seats I don't think they'll be more than 200 standing in there. JMHO.
"Where's Jim going?"

LB

so essentially the best option is to get multi-night tix for GA pit right?
no you never gotta fight with me

ericm

Quote from: LB on Mar 07, 2015, 12:18 PM
so essentially the best option is to get multi-night tix for GA pit right?

Who knows? There might be more multi night reserved available, and if you try for pits, and don't get them, good reserved or all of them for that matter might be gone. It's really up to what each individual really wants, and what risk they're willing to take.

No one really know how many tix will be available, and what that break down is. I'm an optimist but going by past presales I'm keeping my hopes low, and if I score something good, that'll be a bonus. I'm still not sure what I'm going to try for, except it'll be a multi night ticket.
"Where's Jim going?"

Ruckus

1. Stevie w/ Megan
2. BigHerm +1
3. Emb
5. LB + 1
10. johnnYYac x3
11. robb
12. ralph
14. Kyle (and Wife) all 3
15. Ruckus x3

Can You Put Your Soft Helmet On My Head