If you only had 1 hour in Louisville...

Started by JerseyDan, Mar 11, 2015, 12:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JerseyDan

...and that hour is around 130pm(ish)-230pm(ish) today (Wednesday March 11) where would you eat and/or visit? I do wanna hit up the Bermuda Highway boutique...PLEASE ADVISE!

LBSUNFLWR

well, are you going to be at the airport?

I would say go downtown and check out the waterfront but it is kinda flooding right now. If you do go, there's a big open green space along the river, between Joe's Crab Shack and the bridges/highway where Forecastle takes place every year. pretty cool.

I don't know where that store is but if it's downtown you can probably just walk around a bit.

Obviously there is a lot to see besides that, and tons of restaurants, but with only one hour you are pretty limited.

rmpotsy

If you want to go to Bermuda hwy (it's on e main), I'd say just walk down Main Street (west). Not a whole lot to do in an hour but there is some cool architecture, restaurants, and shops.  The slugger museum is at 8th, if you make it that far.
out go the lights it begins

rmpotsy

And get a chocolate chip cookie from please and thank you.

JerseyDan

I'm at a meeting just over the state line from Cincinnati.  Sorta a death mission but hopefully worth it!

rmpotsy

You do realize you're an hour to an hour and a half from downtown Louisville right?

rincon2

I had a 3 hour parking meter in Louisville. $15. I went to the Slugger factory, did the tour, and then walked around downtown until the time was up. Could not find a place for a beer, which seemed very strange.

JerseyDan

i hit Burmuda Highway, that cookie place which is also a record store, then some places on business. all told not bad for about 75 minutes in town!

ewiser

I would suggest Bardstown Rd. The Highlands area. But what do I know I live in Louisville. 😄 I have seen Jim in the Highland area all the time when he is in town.