Main Menu

MLB 2015

Started by armando, Mar 27, 2015, 08:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ms. yvon

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Oct 23, 2015, 04:46 PM
The fact that all of these rookies can now take this valuable post season experience and learn from it and hopefully come back even better and ready to make a run for it all next season!
the 2015 post-season was so exciting b/c there were so many teams who haven't been in the playoffs recently!  it felt like every one had crazy momentum and drive.  Mets!  Jays!  Cubs!  Astros!

looking forward to 2016 spring training!

love that Dee Gordon got to shine with the Marlins!
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

walterfredo

iLikeBeer

As a lifelong Cubs fan, this is the most nervous I have been heading into the post season.  It never seemed like the Cubs have ever been more expected to win than they are this year.  But baseball is by far the most fickle sport when it comes down to the best teams actually winning it all.  Saw a stat that less than 25% of the teams that have won the regular season have gone on to win the World Series.  This is why I'm extremely nervous. 

Oh and having to face the Giants in an even year doesn't help matters any either...

Santo

Quote from: iLikeBeer on Oct 07, 2016, 04:37 PM
As a lifelong Cubs fan, this is the most nervous I have been heading into the post season.

Oh and having to face the Giants in an even year doesn't help matters any either...

Ditto, not to mention that the first round is a five game series and anything can happen. Glad they don't have to see Cueto again on Thursday. On to the NLCS!

parkervb

and w/ the NLDS going 5, it will throw off the rotation for whoever wins. If Nats win, Scherzer may not start til game 3.
Don't you ever turn it off

Santo

Yeah, that win last night preserved Lester for game 1. Would love to see Scherzer only once. If it goes 7, that's not gonna happen. Dodgers win, probably looking at a game 1 matchup with a rested Kershaw.

Santo

Still need 4 more wins, but...

APR

It's fun to see Eddie sitting with Theo and celebrating with the team.  I'm happy for him that he gets to do all that.

iLikeBeer

Quote from: Santo on Oct 23, 2016, 04:36 PM
Still need 4 more wins, but...

I'll have to forward that pic to my wife! 

Oh to have been able to be at Wrigley last Saturday night!  I got emotional just watching it unfold in my living room! 

Seeing that it just happened to fall on my twins' 13th birthday, I don't think I will have any trouble remembering where I was on 10/22/16 when the Cubs clinched their first WS since 1945!!!

APR

Craziest game in the craziest pressure situation that I have ever seen.

parkervb

Don't you ever turn it off

ms. yvon

3 weeks until opening day 2017!

have any of you been watching the WBC?  some of the games have been terrific.  puerto rico and the dominican republic teams are strong!   i thought venezuela would be doing better.  at one time it felt like 10% of the SF Giants team was from venezuela.
"i don't mean to brag, i don't mean to boast, but we like hot butter on our breakfast toast."

DaydreamNation

Go Cardinals! Can't wait for the game tonight!
11/11/23  11/10/23  11/9/23  11/7/23  10/29/22  11/2/21  7/7/17  6/22/17  10/27/16  5/13/16  5/12/16

ms. yvon

did anyone see that play in the Cards/Cubs game during which the ball got stuck in Yadi Molina's chest protector?  is Cecil throwing a velcro-ball?

i love the weirdness of baseball!

ms. yvon

i know it's the first week of april but the giants are killing me  :tongue:

ms. yvon

hahahahaaha!  oh the hope of spring training.  it's now mid august and the giants' 2017 season is to be remembered as a curiostity.

the dodgers are 51 games over .500.  the NL Central race is tight.  superstar/hair model bryce harper is out for the rest of the season.

we've got two months left.  next year i will make a new thread. 

maybe.

Crispy

It ain't over til it's over! The O's are only 3 games out of the wildcard, along with 50% of the American League!  :grin:

It's a bad year to be an orange team...

"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."

APR

Nice team names!  I'd like to see what the Nationalists could do if they were ever healthy.  Turner, Strasburg, Eaton, and Harper are all out.  My buddy was at the Machado show at the O's game last night...... that could be a spark for the next month.

ms. yvon

:grin: :grin: :grin:

great names, crispy! special notice goes to "miami merlins".
i notice that you've got the padres in brown and orange. giving them that old timey feel.

maybe we'll get to see wild card play-offs again this year.  :thumbsup:

Crispy

Thanks, y'all. My favorite is the California L.A. Angles of Orange County California, which you can't even see all of.  :evil:

The Padres aren't brown anymore?  :rolleyes:
"...the Bear, Heartbreakin' Man, Evelyn...I think we all know those."