The Waterfall Project

Started by johnnYYac, Apr 29, 2015, 07:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnYYac

My Morning Jacket's new plan for philanthropy in 2015...

The Waterfall Project

http://mymorningjacket.com/waterfallproject

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

ChiefOKONO

LOVE IT!
they are so great to do this.  hope more people follow suit!

Mr. White

http://www.kftc.org/

I joined up with Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) the night Jim helped with the benefit show at the Brown Theater in Louisville. It was Yim Yames, Daniel Martin Moore, Ben Sollee, Dan Dorff, and Joan Shelley. The tickets to the show were $35, and if you wanted to, you could designate all of it to go to KFTC and automatically become an active member for one year. My wife and I signed up that night, and I've stuck with them.

Here's Jim speaking up for KFTC and for staying informed.

Here's Jim reading the KFTC Mission Statement.

Here's the end of the show (right after Jim's solo set) where Jim is joined by Daniel, Ben, Dan, and Joan. They perform "Wonderful (The Way I Feel)", "Dark Road", and "Built For This".

(The video is a bit shaky, but it sounds pretty good.)
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

MusiKel Mama

This project is truly a dream come true. This has always been an aspect of the band that is equally as important as the music, in my personal opinion. And Mr. White...thank you so much for all that you are doing and all you post. It is really appreciated and beautiful

johnnYYac

The fact that my heart's beating is all the proof you need.

Mr. White

Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC)

We have a vision ...

We are working for a day when Kentuckians – and all people – enjoy a better quality of life.

When the lives of people and communities matter before profits.

When our communities have good jobs that support our families without doing damage to the water, air, and land.

When companies and the wealthy pay their share of taxes and can't buy elections.

When all people have health care, shelter, food, education, and other basic needs.

When children are listened to and valued.

When discrimination is wiped out of our laws, habits, and hearts.

And when the voices of ordinary people are heard and respected in our democracy.
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

GO4IT

:thumbsup:
Quote from: Mr. White on Dec 09, 2015, 07:48 PM
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC)

We have a vision ...

We are working for a day when Kentuckians – and all people – enjoy a better quality of life.

When the lives of people and communities matter before profits.

When our communities have good jobs that support our families without doing damage to the water, air, and land.

When companies and the wealthy pay their share of taxes and can't buy elections.

When all people have health care, shelter, food, education, and other basic needs.

When children are listened to and valued.

When discrimination is wiped out of our laws, habits, and hearts.

And when the voices of ordinary people are heard and respected in our democracy.
I can get on board with this  :thumbsup: