Nashville Aug 6! - Ascend Amphitheater Roll Call

Started by DayDrinkin, Jun 13, 2015, 11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. White

I'm starting to get worried about the damn weather down in Nashville for Thursday. Right now, The Weather Channel predicts 85 degrees with an 80% chance of thunderstorms. Hopefully they will be done and gone from the area by showtime...

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Nashville+TN+USTN0357:1:US
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

PantagesDawg

Quote from: TheDark on Jun 14, 2015, 05:40 PM
Hell yeah.. Go up to Nashville and head back to Atlanta for the two shows. Nice 3 night run..

Haha, I'm doing the same!

Mike D

I am a little new to this forum so not sure if there is another thread on this, is there going to be a meetup of somesort before the show or if yall usually go somewhere for food/beers? I am going to Nash, both ATL, then B'ham and would love to meet some fellow fans!!

SpaceWrangler

@ Mike D.  It's hit and miss.  There is not usually an MMJ Shakedown Street / Lot if that's what you're asking. That said, I'm making pretty much the same run that you are (even considering a last minute trip to Nashville).  We should try to get a spot for everyone to meet in ATL and BHam for sure. 

-ATL... More TBA.  Lots of bars near the venue.  Georgian Terrance might be a little too fancy but literally across the street and where I usually hang out.  The Fox has a pretty good parking lot that you can tailgate at IIRC.  I'll ask around and get back to you on what specifically the ATL folks like to do

- BHAM... the entire Uptown area (next to venue) is pretty cool nowadays.  Southern Kitchen and Todd English both work.  Several areas near BJCC where you can tailgate too.
The Fact That My Heart's Beating IS ALL THE PROOF YOU NEED

ga_bulldawg1999

I have an extra ticket to this show tomorrow in Nashville for sale.

It is in Orchestra 2, ROW B (yes...second row) and I am asking $70, which is face value after fees.

Reply or shoot me a message if you are interested and we can meet before the show.  I will be rolling into town around 4:00 and am down for some pregaming action with any of you fine folks.  Next up...Atlanta x2 and Birmingham!

MMJCOBRA

I still have two 16th Row tickets for sale. Looking for $100 for the pair obo.

Shoot me a text at 2054340405

Rob

ellisintransit

Aww yisss.  It's almost here.  I won't make it to any more shows this year, it appears, but this will be my 5th show of The Waterfall tour and my 30th MMJ show.  I'm excited to help break in that new amphitheater.

DaFunkyPrecedent

Went to Phish last night, went to Eric Church last Thursday and will be going to Jill Scott tonight...Let me just say, this venue is fucking perfect.  Good job who ever built designed thing. There's really not a bad seat in the house. If you're on the lawn, you're fine.  You can throw a stone to the stage.

Sound wise, it sounded good even from the lawn, but sounded great in the seats.

If you're curious about if there will be actual seats, yes there will be. There was a GA pit at Phish, but don't think this will be the case for MMJ. Could be wrong.

Unfortunately, we'll likely have to hear Big Decisions tomorrow because the local radio station Lightning 100 who's promoting it, plays that dumb song on the reg.

Oh well...

If you're looking for a good spot to chill before, go to ACME and head to the rooftop.  Great view of downtown and the river. Food is ok too. There's not a lot of great spots downtown that aren't complete tourist traps, but ACME is pretty cool.

See ya'll there.
God damn those shaky knees.

ryno11111

Also went to Phish last night.  They really threw down the gauntlet.   I can't say enough good things about the new venue.  It is something that Nashville can really be proud of and is something that is LONG overdue.   I think the 6,500 capacity is the perfect size.  Big enough to pull in the big names but quaint enough at the same time.   Plus none of the parking & traffic issues that burdened the old Starwood amphitheater for so many years.  I was in the lawn last night and it sounded great.  Looking forward to moving up to the 2nd row for the show tomorrow!

Go early and give yourself enough time to do a thorough tour of the amphitheater and surrounding green spaces.  There is a massive LED light sculpture, a small dog park, a paved greenway overlooking the Cumberland river, a playground, and plenty of green lawn space and swings/seating scattered about.   The bathrooms are quite nice & there is not a porta potty to be found anywhere.  Prices are expensive for food and beverage, but that is to be expected.  $11.50 for a 24 ounce can of Yuengling.  Local favorites Hattie B's hot chicken & Martin's BBQ are a couple of nice options if you are looking to get your grub on.   The only thing that I was disappointed in was the lack of video screens flanking the stage, but I would bet that is gonna happen in the near future. 

Looks like the weather report is turning in favor of MMJ more and more.   It appears most of the rain & storms will be tapering off as the sun is setting.   Last night's show was hot and sweaty and the crowd was begging for a little rain to fall.   I am seeing a forecast for 78 degrees at 7:00 PM tomorrow.  Not too bad at all. 

It's gonna be a real hoot.  See ya'll there!

Mr. White

Thanks for the local weather update, ryno11111. Hopefully, it won't be too muddy for folks. As long as the show doesn't get delayed and the set shortened due to curfew (wonder if Nashville has one?).
Kentuckians For The Commonwealth (KFTC) Member Since 2011

ryno11111

Quote from: Mr. White on Aug 05, 2015, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the local weather update, ryno11111. Hopefully, it won't be too muddy for folks. As long as the show doesn't get delayed and the set shortened due to curfew (wonder if Nashville has one?).

All shows end at 11:00 Central Time

Nikkogino

ellisintransit

DaFunkyPrecedent

God damn those shaky knees.

willsfc

As long as its not a downpour, I'll be down there taping. Look for me near the front of the Lawn with the red XLR cables.
-will

Nikkogino

spokes

Anyone audio taping tonight? Hope to tape from my seats in 101 row C. I know Phish allows it and I saw mic stands there on Tuesday.

Jamie Sampson, Ryan Picket and Linda ? are the names I hear I am supposed to ask for if I have trouble getting recording gear in I think.

rockchalkchampionship

I have two tickets for John McCauley at City Winery in Nashville for Saturday night.  I ended up not making the trip.  All I have to do is change the name at will call.  They are right up front and I just want someone to enjoy them.  Let me know if anyone lives there or has friends there and is interested.

spokes

Quote from: willsfc on Aug 06, 2015, 02:40 PM
As long as its not a downpour, I'll be down there taping. Look for me near the front of the Lawn with the red XLR cables.
Whoops, I missed this before my post. Do you have any sort of policy you are bringing? I sent you a PM as well.

rmpotsy

So does anyone know when moon taxi is going on?  Jacket?  Thanks I'm at the airport on my way and it's going to be pretty close
out go the lights it begins